“Great way to celebrate milestone!”

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I spent 3 years planning to get friends to celebrate turning 50! Despite one of our group of 3 being delayed two days due to bad weather, we had a great time enjoying all the Royal Solaris had to offer. (My only disappointment was the lack of authentic Mexican/Latin music I had hoped to be swept away from regular 'home' with at our accommodation). Any minor issues were professionally dealt with by the reception staff or the 'personal' concierge who attended to our party of 3. Jair definitely made us aware of the 'time-share' possibility without being pushy, understand one of us had the 7 day trip cut to 5 days. Jair always made sure we ventured out with good information…bussing, taxis, directions, local attractions and pricing. The location of this property was wonderful. Wonderful beach for miles of walking on. Nice walk to town centre. Our room, on the 3rd floor afforded a nice view (we did not mind falling asleep to the Rock music that played 10pm - 3am? across the street); probably better for families to ask for pool side views). The room was very clean, and even with the added cot (twin bed) quite spacious. The bathroom had a large tiled shower and the vanity was large enough for 3 ladies to each have their own 'zone' for toiletries. The all-inclusive drinks and food was great. The staff were extremely friendly (occasionally one or two seemed less so…maybe just a bad moment).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Belinda K
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Warm regards,
^G

Write a ReviewReviews (5,918)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Because it was a last minute decision and because of the Christmas, this trip wasn’t the cheapest one.
However, we have no complaints at all. The place is very clean as is the whole area Los Cabos actually. Feels very safe too, we went to Cabo San Lucas and had no problems, many people would approach us trying to sell all kind of stuff, just say no and keep walking.
Food was very good, some days even delicious.
We didn’t use the pool, we went there to swim into the ocean. The water was cold but once you are in, you got used to it. Lots of fish and stingrays.
Our travel rep – or whatever you call them – tried to tell me about the time share thing, I categorically said no and got up and ready to leave and that was all. Nobody ever bothered us again about that.
People are very nice and friendly.
We would go there again but we like to try new places.

2  Thank billyboy154913

Thank you for your expedient review. We are so glad you enjoyed the food of the resort, and we pride ourselves on thoroughly excellent customer service.

We invite you back for your next trip to Los Cabos.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you’re 18-21 or a family with young kids and need an extremely inexpensive all inclusive hotel in Mexico – this is your spot. My friends and I were staying at the Royal Solaris for a wedding so there were a lot of factors going on and I would normally never stay at such an establishment, but I will only focus on our experience separate from the wedding. We ended up with a garden view room which was really just a view of the wall around the property and the hotel wall next door. This hotel needs a major remodel, the bedding is piled and ready to be trashed, the bathrooms need better lighting and a total gut, the lobby, pools and restaurants are dated and need a total facelift. If you're interested in Design, this is not going to inspire you. Upon check in, everything went fairly smooth considering the travel planner, Lisa Green, was a complete nightmare to work with. The room was never once cleaned even after putting the “please service” sign on the door, very unfortunate. The food was um, not good. I think our best meal was dinner one night at the buffet in the ballroom but the breakfast and lunch were scary. I ate most of my meals at the snack bar near the pool. After check out, after we were totally cleared with the front desk and waiting for our shuttle to depart, a problem arose. They wrongly accused me of staying in a different room and wanted to charge me more. In disbelief of this situation, I was stunned not only that the manager was screaming at me in the middle of the lobby but that this claim was so outrageously false it was unbelievable. This banter went on for about 15 minutes until I could get some of my colleagues to pipe in saying that the hotel was in the wrong and digging for receipts. Finally, after much debate and yelling, the manager still did not believe us but left us alone. I felt as if this was a scam to get more money out of us since we were white and on our way to the airport. I believe I was caught in a raciest scam. This was completely unprofessional and ruined our last few minutes of our vacation in Cabo. I would suggest staying next door at Cabo Azul.

Room Tip: Upgrade - the pool and or ocean view rooms are a little nicer. Go into San Jose Del Cabo for decent...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank travelknat

Please accept our apologies for failing at that instance, but please be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.

I would be more than happy if you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations one more time and experience a true vacation in paradise.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were here in January 2013 so this review is a year late. It was back-to-school for most but we brought our 2 kids with us. Upon arrival we were ushered to the reception area and after checking-in, they take you a desk across the way to be greeted by time-share reps. I advised them I was tired from a long flight so they scheduled me an appointment the following day for their "sales-pitch". Keep in mind, the reps here are persistent and will hound you throughout your stay but for the most part, we kept a low-profile. If you don't show up to these seminar, they will even call you in the morning to remind you and even slip notes under your door. So be aware. The rooms were clean but we noticed the grouting in the tiles of the shower area was starting to show mildew and there certainly was grime in certain corners.

Wi-Fi is NON-EXISTENCE in this hotel. There is wi-fi in the lounge area but with 150 other people trying to connect, it is very SLOW. We got wi-fi connectivity at Starbucks which was about 15 minutes walk north of the hotel.

Overall, our stay was pleasant. The staff here is very polite, courteous and friendly. Food is good (not great but good). All restaurant dining have to be reserved the morning of. The entertainment was great (I enjoyed the Caribbean festival the best). The swimming pool was clean, warm, and relaxing.

The highlight of our stay was probably the service that came from the day-care. I don't remember all their names but I believe one of them was Xixo. My kids absolutely love this place and they had a water slides for the kids to play, a pool area (ankle-deep), a flat-screen TV with a PlayStation hooked-up and crafts they make in the afternoon so they were never bored. Meal-times meant they were escorted to the snack-bar by the pool and they can have anything they wanted on the buffet line-up. My kids wanted to go here everyday even when we insisted on including them on tours around the city. This was great. My wife and I got to spend some alone time together. On our last day, my son who is usually shy wanted to visit the daycare for the last time. To our surprise, he came up to the staff there to say "thank-you" and gave them a hug each.

I would recommend this place. The pictures you see posted here by other travelers speaks for itself. If management is reading this, please say a warm thank you to the day-care staff for making it such a memorable trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sol H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for the outstanding review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your entire stay at our hotel and that we were able to make your vacation all that more special and customized.
It's the little things that count and we are glad that you noticed. We will make sure to let our entire staff know that they contributed to a memorable experience. We love that we are one of your favorite places to stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future family vacation.
Te Wifi situation you mentioned was fixed a few months ago. So the next time you visit us you will have no problem! :)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just returned from a week in San Jose. The Royal Solaris resort was GOOD. Staff were excellent.
Look for Ventura when sitting on the beach or by the pool - Friendly, accommodating and always made sure their guests had a drink in hand. The location of the resort was perfect. The beach was endless and uncrowded. Although the resort was full we had no trouble finding pool/beach chairs. Never waited in line for buffets or drinks. 20 minute walking distance to the down town Art District (do not miss this) or an $8 cab ride. Right across the street was a strip mall with superb restaurants, coffee shops and a cool bike shop you can rent bikes at. Although an all-inclusive San Lucas had so many excellent restaurants withen walking distance that we decided to support. We were not dissappointed! Also impressed with the Mexican wine.
The resort had an amazing kids pool/area and the entertainment was excellent for families. Our teenagers played beach volleyball for hours, basketball, tennis and we worked out in the resort gym daily.
Overall it was an amazing vacation and we would rate the accommodations as average. HOWEVER, for the money we paid for a week's all inclusive there was value. You get what you pay for. Rooms were clean (nothing fancy) food was good (we ate a lot of fruit, salads. no dinner)
Location was excellent, staff were what made the resort great.
Highly reccommend for families with children.
We will be back to San Jose soon!

1  Thank Wendy G

We are so grateful for considering us as your favorite destination. Thank you so much for your positive comments on our service and our restaurants.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our vacation to Cabo is one that won't be forgotten in a very long time. The people on this resort were very helpful inside the hotel and outside the waitress inside her name is (Yanet) was probably one of the best and friendliest person we had any dealings with. The waiter around the pool area for dealing with people was (Carlo's) he was a very good waiter and peoples person. On the entertainment side during the day and evening Zoe Smith and her crew were the best. There was definatly no storage of food or drinks. I would reccomend this resort to anybody. thanks again everybody that was involved in our stay there.

Room Tip: King size Bed
2  Thank AmosKleinsasser

Thank you for staying with us at Royal Solaris Los Cabos!
It is our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and it seems that we have done just that with yours! Your comments have been shared with the entire staff !
We hope to see you again on your next vacations!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Came here during Thanksgiving. The concierge that helped us when we first got there was very nice. However you can tell that this was definitely a time share because the concierege was trying to sell us the whole time. When I said we were already hungry she said she understood but then kept on trying to get us to comit to tour. She was very nice though. The rooms and the bathrooms were very clean. Beds a little hard, but fine. This was also an all-inclusive resort so food and drinks were included including alcohol. There were three bars onsite. A swim-up bar at pool, bar at beach and a bar in the lobby. I really only drank beer so I can't speak for mixed drinks. So for the real negatives. The resort size was pretty small with only one real pool to swim in. They did have a kids pool area but it was on the other side of resort away from the main pool. It is considered a resort that is on the beach, but the waves are so rough that you can't go swimming. Location of the resort is not in Cabo San Lucas where all the shopping and partying goes on.You need to take a shuttle from the hotel to Cabo San Lucas where they drop you off at the opposite side of where the beach side restaurants are so you have to walk about a mile to get to the beach. Last, the food and food presentation is probably the worst part of the experience. Breakfast was ok but lunch and dinner was lacking on selection. There was only one place to eat for lunch and one place to eat for dinner unless you made reservations at one of the two restaurants. Would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Casey121576

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel.

Warm regards,