My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Mexico. We stayed 4 nights at RS and I have to say that the hotel and beach were beautiful.
The hotel is very clean and well kept. The beach goes on for miles. We also saw whales from our balcony almost daily which was the highlight of our stay!
Now the bad - The hotel itself leaves a lot to be desired for an all-inclusive - we have been to a few in the Carribean and they were wonderful - good food, excellent service, many activities for all ages, etc. but this hotel had none of that. The food was bad and we are not that picky! We tried breakfast daily which is not so great unless you like waffles every day (food is inexplicably cold before it even gets to the table from the buffet) and lunch at the pool grill and buffet are not good. Even the cheese for the nachos was runny/watered down and tasted kind of like honey mustard salad dressing. Needless to say after these experiences, we did not even attempt supper at the resort (heard from other disappointed guests that there was a 3 hour wait for food at both restaurants/it was bad after they got it/& most of the time one of the two were closed due to a private party) so instead we ended up eating off premise in either Los Cabos or San Jose Del Cabo (if you are here - go to the Tulip Tree - good food!). This was a real disappointment since we did not budget for eating out daily and the $$$ expensive transportation to/from the resort to these areas. There is a 4 hr $20 round trip shuttle that goes to Los Cabos which is nice but you can not go early and come back late - it is in 4 hr time frames with the latest being a round trip from 4 to 9 pm. (If you want to return after 9, it's a cab ride at $35 one way.) If you have been to Cabo, you know that this is way early if you want to party in town at Cabo Wabo or Squid Roe. They don't even start up until you have to return to the RS and there is nothing to do there when you do return.
The most fun we had was the last night in the Sports Bar with Alberto a.k.a Antonio Banderos - look him up if you visit because he was the ONLY staff that wanted to have a good time and served a decent drink.
Also, take lots of $1 & $5 dollar bills for tipping (all inclusive????). You will need them at the resort and when you visit the other areas.
In closing - beware of the time share push. Unless you are interested (and they try very hard) you are not going to receive very fair service. We even had a "guest services" woman tell us "oh no it's you two again" when we asked to sign up for a shuttle to Cabo. They did not appreciate that we would not take 3 + hrs of our time to tour hotels etc just to receive free stuff.
We may return to Mexico but it will be in Los Cabos by the Marina, which is beautiful and has many nice hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo