We enjoyed our stay at the Royal Solaris. The price was fair, the food and entertainment was great. We would consider returning here for short stays (4 -5 days). Other guests we spoke with felt the same way. Be aware that after you check in, the concierge (aka ‘time share vendor’ or ‘vacation club representative’) will try to talk to you about their ‘money-saving’ offers. You need to be prepared to say ‘no’ many times before they will let you go on your way.
CHECK-IN. Check-in was slow. Even though there were 3 people behind the counter helping the few guests who were standing in line it seemed to take forever for them to get to us. While we waited in line a lady approached us with what looked like a check-in form. She told us to fill it out and give it back to her after we were finished checking-in at the front desk. It didn’t feel right so I didn’t fill it out. I figured that if they were with the hotel they would not need my information a second time. After we finished getting checked in, the concierge (aka ‘time share vendor’ or ‘vacation club representative’) was waiting to talk to us. We tried to be nice and let him know that all we wanted was to get to our room. He persisted in telling us about their ‘money-saving’ offers –including vacation ownership. We had to tell the man ‘no’ many times before he let us go on our way. Even though I read many reviews about the hotel not one mentioned this so we were caught off guard. After all my travels to vacation destinations in Mexico, I was ready for the onslaught by time-share drones at the airport, but I never expected it after check in at the hotel.
ROOM. Our room was clean and spacious. We specifically asked if our room had a safe in it. We were told there was but when we arrived we found that the lock was missing. We called the front desk and they told me there was an extra charge ($1/day rental fee) to use it. The next time we went downstairs we rented the lock. It worked great for the time we were there. It would have been nice to know in advance because we would have gotten it at check in. The room had a coffee maker although we never used it because we always travel with a French Press and our own coffee grounds. This time I forgot to bring powdered cream so I used what was in the room. If you like cream in your coffee you better bring your own because the packets they provide across the property (in room and at restaurants) is a very low grade and does not taste good. The room also had a refrigerator -with soft drinks, beer and water. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that we could consume the drinks inside without incurring any extra charges. Our room faced the hotel entry and parking lot. It was very quiet and we had a very large balcony. We didn’t care about upgrading to get a nice view because we didn’t plan on spending much time in the room.
POOL. The pool was awesome! Our children really loved swimming up to the bar and ordering virgin drinks –that was the highlight for them.
BEACH. The beach is directly in front of the property. The hotel has plenty of Palapas (shade structures) with lounge chairs on the sand. We never had difficulties getting a spot. It is a short walk on the sand to the water’s edge. There must always be dangerous swimming conditions because there are permanent signs indicating potential dangers (not only in front of this hotel but others as well). One day the shore-break was so dangerous that a security person would not allow us to get close to the water –not even to wet our feet. On the last day of our stay the wave action was smaller so we were able to get in the water up to our knees. Bottom line: If you want to stay at a resort where you can swim in the ocean and play in the waves you should call the hotel directly and ask the front desk what the water conditions are before booking. Due to the permanent signs everywhere on the beach I suspect this is not a place you will want to stay if going into the ocean is a high priority for you.
DINING. We never went hungry! We spent most of our time at the pool area playing in the water. There was a snack bar that always had fresh fruit, vegetables, as well as the typical not-so-healthy options as well (hot dogs, french fries, chicken fingers). When we wanted something more substantial there were 2 other restaurants that were open most of the day. They had a wonderful assortment of food available with no waiting in lines. There is a restaurant that is open for dinner only. You must make reservations to eat there. If you want to give it a try you need to call at 9 am. We never went because we enjoyed the food at the regular restaurants.
ENTERTAINMENT. We spent most of our time by the pool playing in the water. Throughout the day there were an assortment of activities and games led by the hotel staff. They were very friendly and spoke English as well as Spanish. Everything they did was translated so everyone could participate. We really enjoyed getting to know the crew. They were all so friendly! We went to one of the nightly shows the property offers and the same crew that led us in the pool activities were in the show.
LOCATION. We didn’t love the location of the property because there wasn’t any night-life close by (walking distance). We would consider returning here for short stays (4 -5 days). If we wanted to stay longer we would find another location closer to the Marina (25 minutes away) because there was not a lot to do off-property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo