“Great time and beautiful location on the beach”

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Grayslake, Illinois
“Great time and beautiful location on the beach”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time over 5 nights here.

The breakfast/dinner buffets as well as restaurants were very good. Make your reservations for dinner at 8:58am to get the best times at the restaurants.

The drinks were flowing all day and the service was great. Bring singles for tips. Also the room came with beer, water and soda.

The room view (West wing pool/ocean view) was excellent and allowed us to have a nice view as well as get some sun in the am from the balcony.

The room was clean and simple. Housekeeping was very attentive and brought extra shampoo/lotions and a blanket.

The staff was great. Rafael was a great concierge and went out of his way to help us with everything.

The only negatives are the following:
The lunch buffet and snack stand is not very good.

The hotel does not exchange a lot of money. Go to a bank and bring your passport to exchange money.

There are a lot of white shirt vendors selling stuff on the beach. If you walk past the ropes or are close to the edge they'll bug you every 2 minutes.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jimenzc
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Royal Solaris Los Cabos!
It is our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and it seems that we have done just that with yours! Your comments have been shared with the entire staff !
We hope to see you again on your next vacations!

^G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,337)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had upgraded with WestJet when making our reservations but also paid for a room upgrade when we arrived to a room which had a Jacuzzi - The room was a very clean and spacious which had the Jacuzzi on the balcony. It also had a full view of the Ocean, the pool and the grounds.
Breakfast - was in buffet style and it was okay - there was always plenty to eat and a wild variety but I stuck to the basics of what I ate for breakfast. The Lady who was always there and sorry I do not remember her name made a very good Omelet which I had almost every day and the crepes were very good as well. If things ran out like bacon - we simply asked and more was brought out. The staff there was amazing and great and the Mgr. in the mornings was very helpful. They have inside and outside seating and we asked if we could be outside each day and they were very accommodating and we always were able to eat on the deck.

Lunch has a pool side eatery and restaurant and the food there was pretty good as well.

You had 2 choices for dinner Ponchos and both had excellent food and we ate at each of them most nights unless we were off the resort
Gerry - was usually our waiter at Ponchos - (Mexican food) and he was excellent sorry I do not remember his partner’s names as well, the food was very good and the menu seemed to be different each time we were there. He makes a great Spanish coffee and does the fire show in front of you. It was great to watch
At Marco Polo (Italian Restaurant) Daniella was our waitress and she gave amazing service. She was fast and very helpful in deciding what to have for dinner and even drinks. Which I guess they all make themselves. We also did the Tiki Tiki night and she was there as well. Serving the guests
At the pool we usually had Ramon as our server and he was always coming with a drink sometimes even before we had asked for one.

The staff at the front desk was always very helpful and sorry I do not remember their names the gentleman who checked us in was great. He and Zitlalli were very helpful throughout our stay.

The bellmen were also a great asset to the hotel and were full of helpful hints. A special thank you to Omar Brito who made our trip exceptional but also to all his co-workers. As they all watched over my daughter and myself on where we went and making sure we were looked after during our stay.
Suhey Osuna - (Concierge) was a great help as well who helped to give guidance on things to do and places to go to. Booked us in the Tiki Tiki show and she booked us an amazing ATV excursion
Housekeeper - Suzy - Kept our room exceptionally clean
Juan a Travel Agent at the property was helpful
Security on the beach helped to keep the peddlers off the grounds. But if you wanted to and yes we did you could go and purchase items from the people in White
And many more through the stay.

In my opinion the staff make this resort one that I would go back to again as they all wanted to help you in any way that that they could.

2 Thank Doug F
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
thanks for your feedback and your tips, we love you have a great experience in Royal Solaris and we also love our staff help you to make better your stay here.
We hope to see you soon again.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My mother took her 6 grandchildren for a week's stay at the Royal Solaris in SJDC. She had been to this resort before and reassured me that it was safe and excellent for families.

I did my own research (nervous mom!) and sent the kids off, with fingers crossed. I was able to check on them every day and when I couldn't reach them, I emailed the manager, who took my message and had it delivered to their room. That's Great service!

The kids ranged in age from 6 to 16, with a wide variance in personalities and interests. My 4 children unanimously raved about the holiday....the pool was a hit, the boat/whales/seals/fish/snorkelling was a blast, the entertainment was fantastic, the food was Just Right for kids' palettes, the rooms were nice, and the games were fun. The staff was Exemplary and always engaging and pleasant...something the kids commented on! This news was very reassuring for me and I wouldn't hesitate to send my kids back...maybe make the trip myself, someday!

3 Thank ackcpandme
Thanks for your comments about the experience of your mother and her 6 grandchildren, we love that they had a unique experience. We hope to see them and you again.

Regards
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a fantastic resort that we will come to again in a heart beat. We traveled with my folks my husband and my 1.5 year old. I see a lot of people complaining about the food. It's Buffett people what do you expect? It was great for buffet food and only ate off the resort 3 times. I highly recommend guacamayas and the taco stand mentioned by the fire hall.

The chair game is ridiculous and my only negative all trip. We stayed at our chairs all day and we had to get up at 1230 am to reserve them as if you get up at 6 they are all gone and with a infant we needed shade. There were days where the chairs next to us were reserved and they never showed up all day. We felt bad for some ppl and we gave away some of our loungers when there were ones next to us that no one was using (ridiculous!)

The pool area is great but the beaches could use some maintenance. My 1.5 year old would dig and find nasty things like condom wrappers and cig butts and it was like that all trip. But meh it's a beach.

We were non members and didn't have anyone that even approached us about timeshares which was fantastic (maybe a screaming baby helped? Lol) and we never felt excluded or unimportant (other than the dinner theme night with fire dancers that you had to pay 45$ to get in but we watched for free from our balcony)

I agree wifi sucks and we never paid for it as we heard it was just as slow as the free stuff you get in the lobby. It was faster to walk to the Starbucks (15 min away) and check email there then it was in the lobby (we timed it lol) but you're on vacation you shouldn't be glued to your devices anyways!

All in all a fantastic resort that will be seeing us again! Very accommodating for a young baby and young family. Super clean and super friendly. Front desk was kind and friendly and fixed all issues we had (such as my folks room put on the opposite side of the resort when we asked for there room to be next to us. Was fixed in a day)

Not for couples!! There are too many children unless you're super tolerant. Did I say lot of kids yet? Lol

Thanks for a fantastic vacation royal Solaris!!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay at Royal Solaris Los Cabos.
Our staff takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Warm Regards,
Shelton, Washington
Reviewed April 14, 2013

29 of us from Washington State with a variety of ages of kids came to this resort for the first time over Spring Break ts April. We were all pleased with what the resort offers but especially with the exceptional service and entertainment staff. Each day at the pool we were all entertained and the evening shows were fun for all of us. I walked the beach every morning and it was beautiful. Also going into town from this location was easy. This was the first time to Mexico for many in our group and all have said they will come back...and to this resort!

Room Tip: We choose to upgrade to an ocean view room and ended up with an amazing view. All the beds we stiff...
1 Thank Kdavidson74
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience! We love to see comments about great vacations here, and thanks for the room tip. We hope to see you soon again.

Regards
Osage, Iowa
Reviewed April 14, 2013

When we arrived at the Airport we didn't know where to go because we had never been there before. So upon leaving imigration you pass through double doors thinking there would be someone there to help us and there was 5 men standing in the middle of the room. So we asked which way to the taxi to take us to the Solaris they directed over to a counter and the next thing we knew we were signing up for a tour and he will provide a taxi and pick us up the next morning for breakfast and take us to our tour we were purcahsing. This is a ruse it is a tour of the time share that they are building and selling. Just go through the next set of doors and go to your right and you will come out side to the taxies. Also if you have booked your trip through a travel agency or service the Solaris will be there waiting for you. So when we finally got to the Solaris they were great they not only gave us the money back that the swindler had gotten from us at the airport they arranged for any excursion that we wanted to take. They assign a concirege to you to assist you during your entire stay there. The entire staff is the absolute best we have ever met, they want you to be happy and come back! Our personal concirege was Aldo, he could not have been more helpful.The food at the buffett was ok, it was prepared for large amounts of people and I know from personal experience it is difficult to please everyone. On occasion the breakfast waffles and pancakes were not very hot but they were there if you wanted them. Lucy the grill cook is a real treat she fixed omelets every day and was very entertaining to watch, always smiling and singing. The food was very tasty. There are three restaurants available besides the buffett there is an outside restaurant and a snack bar beside the pool. Then there is the Marco Polo and Pablos which are only open in the evening if you want a more luxurious dinning experience. Not all entres are all in clusive in these restaurants however. We did not use these restaurants however. Just can't get everything done in a short time period. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL 85° everyday and a 15 mph breeze off the ocean. We took two excursions, the whale watching/snorkling, and the camel ride. If you take the camel ride take warm clothing this time of year as the wind coming off the Pacific is cold! Both were a lot of fun. The camel ride ended with a authentic Mexican meal fixed on site,with making your own tortila if you want to. The entertainment in the evening is top notch. They have a group of young people that are very talented and exciting to watch.

Room Tip: If you wish to go to sleep early in the evening request a room at the oppisite end of the of the cou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paintm
Thanks for sharing your experience here. We can see you really had a great time here with all our activities, we love to see you soon again.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I just recently returned from a 7 day stay at the Royal Solaris Resort and Spa this past Friday April 12, 2013. We had an amazing time! The resort was clean and beautiful. We paid for a partial ocean view room and stayed in room 384. It was amazing! Our balcony was the same size as our room! It was huge enough room for a patio set and two loungers which were perfect for tanning or napping away from the other guests. The VIEW of the ocean and beach were stunning as the room was quite close to the edge of the hotel. The location of the resort was great! A short 15 minute walk into the town of San Jose del Cabos. The town is quite charming with great restaurants and silver jewellery shopping! The resort is also walking distance to the Mega store and mall. A $35 taxi ride one way will get you into Cabos San Lucas, well worth it! The staff at the resort are very attentive and friendly. They are not driven by tips but want to ensure a great stay for all guests. Victor Estrada, the Restaurant Manager, Danny Boy the Entertainment Coordinator and Armando Rafael Fernando were amazing...to mention a few. All staff were courteous and helpful! Pancho's restaurant and Marco Polo featured amazing food as well. This resort is perfect for kids as they feature great water slides and activities area that are nicely tucked away from the main pool area. My family and I would most definitely return to the Royal Solaris Resort and Spa!

Room Tip: Room 384 great! Excellent view of the beach and ocean! Massive balcony above a restaurant!
1 Thank 39Charlie39
We are so grateful for considering us as your favorite destination. Thank you so much for your positive comments on our service and our restaurants.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#41 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#15 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!