My husband and I booked this vacation through groupon and we've stayed at an all inclusive resort before. I am a review reader and I was very scared upon my arrival to the resort. I now vow I will not read any reviews because this place was amazing. Not only was it beautiful, but it was clean. I even saw the cleaning staff disinfecting the garbage can lids!!! I've never seen that before. We made really good friends with the bar tender and tipped him well every night ($20) and every time we'd see him or finish a drink he'd had another one waiting for us, and very strong. (Hola chay!) A lot of reviews said the drinks were weak but all you had to do was ask for a double, or make good friends with a few bartenders around the resort. The beds were very hard but we were always out late and up early so that wasn't a big deal. The towels were often out at the towel hut but if you returned them at night, they'd allow you to take new towels for the next day so you wouldn't run into a towel shortage. Getting space at the pool was difficult if you woke up late but you could go on the beach. Swimming IS ALLOWED at your own risk, there is a strong undertow but only at high tide, the resort and many people at airport said it was unswimmable but its allowed. The location of the lunch hut was perfect, we sat outside on the beach everyday and even saw whales right off shore jumping, very close! It's absolutely beautiful place.
The only down fall I would say was the food. The snack bar was great and there was always fresh fruit which was awesome, but the quality of lunch and dinner wasn't great. Breakfast and the omelette station was yummy. We did go off the resort into San Jose and went to don Sanchez, it was the best food we've had even back in the states. Delicious food, great prices, and amazing service. Everyone spoke very good English and the chef was from Canada. Great great place to go, very safe.
Lastly was the price of the taxis. My husband and I wanted to go into Cabo San lucus to shop and dine but they wanted $80 round trip for two people. It's about a 30 min can ride. It's not even that expensive to go from one end of NYC and back, so that was disappointing and we didn't go.
**TIP** if you want to go on an excursion, I recommend walking to the resort next door....they offered us the whale watching package which included transportation, food, drinks, snorkeling and gear for $55/person, this resort wanted $70.
Overall this resort was undersold to those negative review writers. To experience this place on your own. It's fun, very kid friendly, and beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo