Travelled with my husband and kids (age 15,8, 4) for one week in January. Overall our vacation was really good. Royal Solaris was one of only a few hotels that would let us as a family of five stay in a single hotel room, which is obviously important to us as I’m not sure how we would split up. The room was nice- basic but clean. Not tons of space for a family of five but we weren’t in the room much except to sleep. We took the cheapest room which turned out to be a mountain view, which was actually really quite nice. Others in our group had taken the more expensive ocean view but it didn’t have a great view of the ocean anyways, it was more of the pool so I actually preferred ours.
Housekeeper did a good job of cleaning the room and restocking, no issues. She made little towel animals which were cute for the kids. Bed was firm but OK, however I am not picky about beds. The AC worked- a little too well. Our room was freezing cold and adjusting the dial didn’t seem to make any difference. Just turned it off after a while. Shower pressure was good. No hot water a couple of times. Kind of annoying but not going to ruin my vacation, just showered later, no problem.
Check in was pretty quick. We offered drinks while we waited which was nice as it was quite hot when we arrived.
The food was similar to other all inclusives- maybe better than some. The food at the snack bar at lunch was really quite good- we enjoyed the guacamole every day, and the burgers were good too- kids liked them. The supper buffet was OK- I found the set up a little weird and confusing though- you’d have to see it to know what I mean. I’m not sure why they don’t use the same buffet place that they use at breakfast for supper- it was larger and made more sense. I guess the point was for the dinner theater but we often didn’t stay for the show since it didn’t start until after 8 so kind of a large gap in between, for us anyways, as we tend to eat early with the kids. As for the A la Carts we ate the Spanish one once, it was pretty good food and we had the Spanish coffee which was delicious and we enjoyed to show. Didn’t get a chance to try the Italian, though I would have liked to. Making reservations was definitely a frustration. You had to call at 9 to get a reservation. If you called at 9:05 it was too late- unless you like eating at 10:00 pm- which just doesn’t work for us. I found 9 to be an inconvenient time to call- and I suspect it’s deliberately inconvenient. We were usually well out of the room by nine. Would have been better if we could call earlier or even go to the front desk. But at least the food at the buffet was pretty decent. They had different theme nights like Mexican/French/Chinese so I didn’t find that it got as repetitive as other places. Breakfast buffet was always good- my daughter bonded with Lucy, who was always so happy. Room service was good but I didn’t really like the fact that it cost $5 to order and then they seem to expect a tip on top of that. So we ordered once. They have a snack bar that opens at 10 pm which has basically the same food.
The beach was really nice and clean. Water wasn’t swimmable but good for wading. It was, however, hard to get spots under the shade. Went down at seven once and all the spots were taken. I guess you have to be a very early riser! Drink service on the beach was good. Apparently, whales could be seen from the beach. I never saw them but lots of other people did.
My kids really enjoyed the kids pool and the waterslides. It was nice that they had loungers there for the parents as well. It seemed to get more sun there than the other pool, so we spent a lot of time here. Our kids didn’t go to the kids club much- not the hotels fault- our kids are just clingy, but the people in it did seem very nice.
One thing that annoyed me a little was that my kids seemed to get ignored when they went to get drinks at the bar. I know they are not tippers- but I paid good money for their vacation package and I think they should be able to get a drink when they need one- especially after being in the sun almost all day. Except for the lobby bar- everyone there was really good and quick to bring drinks- even for the kids- so that was nice. We went to Karaoke night and it was fun. The entertainment staff do a good job and they work really hard.
We saw one show which was some kind of cinema themed show where they did songs from different movies. It was really well done. The kids were enthralled by the dancing.
All things considered, it was a really good vacation. The kids had a lot of fun and the week went so fast! I liked the weather in Los Cabos, the food and the pools. I am not sure that I would return here, just because I like to try new places, but otherwise, ya for sure why not?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo