We booked our trip here for our anniversary. We upgraded our room for an ocean view suite. If we stood on the patio and stuck our bodies off over the rail (4 stories high), we could see the ocean. Hmmmm, so that is what I paid extra for? Also, we were booked in a smoking room that was covered with cigarette ashes. Nowhere did it mention that we had to clarify smoking or non-smoking. I have allergies and asthma so that was not okay. After showing us SEVERAL rooms, they moved us to the 5th floor, garden view room, which was apparently a non-smoking floor. However, there were ashtrays down the halls of the entire floor. They sprayed enough Fabreeze in the room that it could have suffocated a small animal (the room still ended up reeking of smoke). We stayed the 1st night because it was too late to move to a different hotel because the booking agents were gone for the evening. The beds were rock hard making it a restless first night of our vacation.
The facility was dirty (brown stains all over the ceiling and walls). Mildew covered the grout in the tiles. There was no hot water in the morning to take a shower. The furnishings were reminiscent of bad 1980's curtain decor. I would describe the the snack bar at best, mystery meat with a side of who the heck knows what. The breakfast was actually not that bad. SO I guess there is ONE nice thing I can say about the resort. On day 2 we ended up transferring hotels. After specifying to the cab driver to be taken to the next resort, the hotel specifically told the cab driver to take us to the airport (which he did). Thanks for waisting another 1.5 hours of my precious vacation time!
The hotel manager told us that they would not charge us the cancellation fee; however, they changed their tune when our travel agent discussed the situation with them and made us pay a 2 night cancellation fee and we still paid for the ocean view room when we actually stayed in a garden view room ($40 cheaper p/night). Hopefully trip advisor will not erase this review as we did stay one night (too many) at Royal Solaris Cabos. I had not specified that in my earlier review. What I have learned from this experience is that I will never bargain book again. You get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo