Just returned from one week at the Royal Solaris.
Overall a great time at a fine resort. Good value for your money.
Upon arrival at airport please simply ignore all who approach you and walk straight thru to the outside doors of the airport where you will be greeted by your travel rep holding a sign such as Sunquest etc. Ignore all others or you will fall into the time share presentation trap!
Bus ride is 20 mins to the Royal Solaris--very modern and comfortable bus.
We had paid approx $200.00 for an ocean view upgrade but upon arrival were taken to a room that looked onto the side wall of the neighbouring hotel. If we leaned out over our balcony we got a bit of a view of the ocean! We immediately returned to the front desk and poitned out that we had paid for an upgrade to ocean view when we booked.
The clerk was very accomodating and moved us immediately to a ocean view room albeit not a direct view but rather a side view including the inner courtyard and pool.
As this was an anniversary trip I decided to pay the extra and upgrade once more to a jacuzzi ( hot tub ) room that is a the back of the "U" of the courtyard but does face the ocean head on as well as the entire courtyard. The room is the same but the balcony is much bigger and holds a jacuzzi tub ( not a hot tub as we know it ) for two.
We never used the tub as the separation between you and your neighbour next door is a mere 3 foot wall and even sitting out there for coffee in the morning you ended up enduring cigarette smoke from your neighbour --no privacy. The other rooms that are inner courtyard have a smaller balcony but complete privacey and in hindsight we should have been satisfied with that. This was our only disappointment however!!!!
As a tip---when reigistering ask for a room that ends in even numbers as they all face inwards to the courtyard and some ocean view. Odd number rooms face the side or the street which is not the best for one on vacation.
We were never approached by time share folk althought it is prevalent in this hotel.
Avoid any attempt re same unless you are truly interested in a time share as you will waste a good part of a day of your vacation that you paid for!
Food was very good throughout.
Drinks and drink service were great, even on the beach.
Although we had no kids with us the kids area for play is the best I have ever seen at any resort! Large and clean with numerous attractions and mini water slides etc.
I would recommend it if travelling with young ones.
Entertainment was very good----you eat at a table for 10 and after dinner the shows begin. Quite well done!
The town itself is remarkably clean , very friendly and offers a variety of shops and reastaurants etc,
Nice boulevards and side walks --felt very safe as we walked to and from the town itself.
We noticed on a day trip by public bus to Los Cabos that many of the nicer hotels along the "corridor" are out there on their own and if you wanted to go to either town it would be a bit of a journey. Check carefully your hotel location realtive to town.
On the beach the Royal Solaris was one of the few resorts that offered palapas for shade. If you are beach oriented then this is a key feature.
Staff were outstanding in every way!
overall --bang for the buck this would be hard to beat!
We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo