“Royal Solaris Cabo.No 5 star, but worth every penny.”

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Los Angeles, California
“Royal Solaris Cabo.No 5 star, but worth every penny.”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I went to Cabo for our honeymoon from Jly 8th to the 13th. We decided on Royal Solaris because it seemed to be the right price for what it had to offer. Our first impression of the resort stuck with us the whole time and was very consistent. What am I refering to? Well, the staff and how friendly they all are. Everyone we spoke to there was very helpful and eager to get you everything you need.

I wanted to talk about the food since this was a big money saver for us. The resort is of course all inclusinve. You have the option to eat at different locations throughout the day. Our favorite restaurant was Cafo Solaris. You can go in there breakfast, lunch, and dinner and find something you like. I wanna clarify, the food is not excellent quality. It was however enough to keep us full and not spend much dinning out. We did try one of the a la carte Restaurants Marco Polo(Italian I think). Food was also decent there. A bit better than the buffet options.

The whole environment was great. We got the Jacuzzi room but we will save some money next time and go with a regular room since there is lots to do in Cabo. I had read reviews that the beds were really hard. We didnt think so on our bed. Not sure if it was a different type or what. The rooms also have great A/C which comes in hadny in Cabo.

We had a resort credit for a massage at the spa. My wife and I both got a msssage and though it was ther most relaxing massage we ever had :). We met some people during one of our Cabo Adventures trips that had Royal Solaris timeshares and we metioned to them we are now considering this since the resort and Cabo althogether are great. We have found our new vacation location :D

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LesterS183

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,344)
van nuys ca
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Solaris in Cabo with My wife and two sons for a week and it was a complete and exellent vacation ,I say that it was a complete vacation because it had everithing I was hoping for ,Good food beautiful pools a theater and a nice lobby were I took my wife to dance every night of our stay,I would like to recognize the exellent and profecional staff on the entertainment team they make all the great diference whether youre on the pool on the theater or on the lobby they will go out of there way to make you laugh sey hello and make you enjoy youre vacation at youre best,I think that this team is the reason why were planing to go back ,I feel like We have made new friends and dont just feel like another number.Some of the team members are ERIK ,YAHIR ,and DANNY BOY,Thanks for making our vacation be the best possible

Room Tip: pool sides are the best
Napa, California, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We just spent a week at this resort and I would recommend it to families with children. We have two small children (under 3) and traveled with friends who have a 4 and 7 year old and they also had a good time. I want to espcially recognize the wait staff b/c for the most part they were great. Our favorite waiter was Alfonso! He was so freindly and both of my daughters loved him b/c he was really good with kids (he even remembered their names). He works the breakfast shift in the main buffet and lunch at Cafe Solaris. Another waitress that was exceptional was Yanet...she climbed a bunch of stairs (from the Theatre) to show us how to get down the elevator and through a service walkway with our stroller...she was so helpful and we loved her! She went out of her way each time she saw us to make sure we had a great experience...thank you Yanet & Alfonso for everything... it's people like you that make trips memorable! Oh, and Victor, the "capitan" of the wait staff was also wonderful!!

On the other hand, i didn't appreciate the timeshare folks in the main lobby...we didn't have to worry about getting sucked into a timeshare presentation and the "concierge" we were assigned was pretty upset that we didn't give in and go. Also, the food can be better...i've stayed at other all inclusive hotels and the food has been much better.

Suggestions to the hotel:
1. Set up recycling bins throughout your resort b/c since all water is handed out in water bottles it would be nice to encourage people to recylce.

2 Thank Mary S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We definitely enjoyed our 8-day stay at this resort. Service was excellent especially Ms. Irma Palacio who took care of all our dinner bookings and also our tour arrangements.
Food is very good and also the nightly entertainment.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a definite plus.
3 Thank Tony_MilaP
Auburn
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I renewed our vows at the Royal Solaris on July 23rd. We could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony. Ana, our wedding planner was exceptional! The ceremony was EXACTLY what we wanted all because, Ana and the staff at the Royal Solaris listened to everything we said.

All of our guests thought the setting, the food and the location were perfect.

1 Thank jacque221
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The entertainment staff whether pool side or during the nightly shows made our stay at this hotel a lot more exciting and memorable. However, a special shout out to Nadya, who allowed us to feel at home while on vacation while simply relaxing by the pool.

Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2012

With a big main pool and buffet area, this resort is definitely geared towards families with kids. The food is mediocre at best, and is not always available. We ordered room service past 1 am one night, and it took over 40 mins to arrive.

The one 'quiet' pool is SO small. If there's a group of 10 people in there, you won't be getting in.
Entertainment was also very mediocre, although I did see the kids enjoying it.

That being said, the massage I had here was GREAT, and the staff were super nice. ALWAYS a smile, no matter who I was talking to.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
#14 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#41 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!