“economical place to stay”

Marisol Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Maybe I'm becoming a tough reviewer as others seem to rate this hotel higher. The location is good, close to the beach, but this stretch of beach isn't recommended for swimming. And it's close to a shopping center with a Mega...for those who don't know about Mega's, mega means
mega sized grocery store...think Wal Mart. So maybe that is good. The location is easy to find by car (just off the airport loop road to Cabo) but it's too far a walk to downtown San Jose. Our room was clean and comfortable, though our bed side lights didn't work and there was nobody to track down when we realized this in the eve. The breakfast was orange juice and cookies....and we had to buy drinking water. I recommend this small hotel to those wanting a clean, safe, economical place to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobfromOregon
Marisol G, Propietario at Marisol Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Buenos días

Thank you very much for your opinión.

There are newer reviews for Marisol Boutique Hotel

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We liked absolutely everything! The hotel is pleasantly small and only few steps to the beach, the staff is really helpful and gave us many useful tips and maps, the room was spacious, nicely decorated and super clean. The day after we stayed in much more expensive hotel which looked inside almost the same as Marisol! I can really really recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ivush

Buenos días

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spent a couple of nights here to just have a slow and relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of Cabo. Marisol is a sweet and friendly owner with great recommendations in how to enjoy the area. There's a mini fridge where you can stock with food from the nearby Mega store. This place is a short walk to the beach and several nice restaurants down the main street. Also it's close to the bus stop if you want affordable ways to get to Cabo. Clean and nice place for the cost.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Dianne T
Marisol G, Director General at Marisol Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We are pleased to know you had a good stay with us. Gracias for your comments.
Hope to see you soon

Marisol Garcia

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Quaint hotel. Greeted warmly by staff and owners. Room was clean. This particular room was not for the extra large guests!! Bathroom and shower doors very narrow. Not wheelchair accessible. Not problems for us but could be for others. Bed extremely hard. No wash cloths, only one bar of soap, no bottled water, no phones and no hotel attendants from evening through the night! Very scary situation in the chance of an emergency! Very noisy through out night! Air conditioner worked well, free wifi. Would I stay there again, for a night but not longer.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DixieLW
Marisol G, Propietario at Marisol Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your opinion we will work in improving ourselves. We are glad to inform you that all of our matresses have been changed for a new softer ones. I hope you give us the opportunity to service you agian.

Gracias

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose this place because of thievery reasonable rates and proximity to our interest. Well, you really get what you pay for. I should have known better. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and made to feel right at home. Then, we were informed that linens were changed every 3 days. Okay, we can live with that. Got into our room, 1 bar of soap for the sink, nothing for the shower. When I asked for wash cloths I was told they don't have any. There is a mini frig in the room but it is not plugged on. When I asked if they had any ice or bottled water, I was told we could go to the store and buy some! Wow, very poor for a place that does not have safe drinking water for guests. In the evening all the staff left and gave us an email address to send an email if we needed anything. Good thing there was no fire, wouldn't have had time to email and no phones available to call for help. I think there was only 1 other room in the place that was occupied. Too creepy for me. We won't be returning. On a positive note, the place was clean and the air conditioning worked well, the location was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank DMRN1954

We regret that your stay with us was not as satisfactory as it has been for all or our pasts guests. You are absolutely right in mentioning that our rates are extreamly low, in fact we are the best value small hotel in all of baja.

We are an eviromental oriented and change our linens every 3rd day, however like you were informed, if guests ask us to change them earlier we are gladly to do so. In as far as the room ameneties our experience to us that one bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo on a daily bases is suficient, if our guests need aditional ameneties we are prompt in providing them.
Our hotel policiy is to provide each room 2 full size towels, and 2 hand size towels. Ice can be obtain and bottle water at the near by supermarket. Water in the premis is well purified and drinkable. All of our rooms have a mini bar and they are usually clean and unplugged when guest leave the hotel, in your case all you had to do is plugg it. I
am glad you found some positive thinngs of our property.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We flew in and out of San Jose del Cabo on a trip to Cabo Pulmo and stayed at the Marisol Hotel while we were in town. Cabo Pulmo is incomparably beautiful, but what a relief to find air conditioning! A mini-fridge! And the Mega (for stocking up on everything) just up the street. The beach is a short walk away--as is Starbucks, for the latte-deprived. A great place to stay at a great price.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Estella C
Marisol G, Gerente at Marisol Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Muchas gracias for your comments. Hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights waiting for my flight that changed. I spent my vacation at Pueblo Bonito Sunset at Cabo San Lucas. It was amazing. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay where I could still enjoy Mexico when I decided to try San Jose Cabo which is closer to the airport and I was hearing is more tranquil. After searching on line I chose Marisol Boutique Hotel. When the taxi driver asked three people an no one knew where the hotel was I began to get nervous. We finally pull up and there is no bell boy or front desk. It was hot as hell and thank goodness for the taxi driver who discovered I had to go upstairs. He helped me with my luggage and I finally found the front desk. I opened the door and no air conditioning. The area was deserted with lots of vacant store fronts in the plaza. OMG I thought what have I done. Marisol greeted me and things got better. She was lovely and very accommodating. She helped me with my things and showed me my room ( which was air conditioned thankgoodness). She gave me a lounge chair and a beach towel and I made my way to the beac which is about a block away. Unfortunately the water is rough and there is no swimming but the people were especially friendly. When I got back I told Marisol I can't do this it is too hot I need a pool. She hooked me up with a day pass to the Holiday Inn which had three pools a kids center and all inclusive meals and drinks for $61. It was a great day. She was even willing to drive me there. She told me about several nice restaurants in the area and the Mega is right Accross the street. She and her family are especially friendly and helpful. They make you feel like family. This is what makes this hotel. Marisol takes pride in it and wants your visit to be pleasant. If you are looking for plush, a pool, restaurants a gym ,phone in the room. This is not the place for you..if you are looking for clean , safe, family friendly and an enjoyable experience this is the place for you. Her uncle even drove me to the airport at 5 am. I am so glad I stayed here for my short lay over it was like a little bit of home so far away.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center not that they are terrible couldn't change it. Tip. Ask them...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank angelchannel

Muchas gracias for your opinion about Marisol Boutique Hotel, we are very glad you had a lovely stay.
Marisol Garcia