“Lovely hotel, nice people”

Marisol Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Portland, Oregon
“Lovely hotel, nice people”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We flew in and out of San Jose del Cabo on a trip to Cabo Pulmo and stayed at the Marisol Hotel while we were in town. Cabo Pulmo is incomparably beautiful, but what a relief to find air conditioning! A mini-fridge! And the Mega (for stocking up on everything) just up the street. The beach is a short walk away--as is Starbucks, for the latte-deprived. A great place to stay at a great price.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Estella C
Marisol G, Gerente at Marisol Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Muchas gracias for your comments. Hope you visit us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights waiting for my flight that changed. I spent my vacation at Pueblo Bonito Sunset at Cabo San Lucas. It was amazing. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay where I could still enjoy Mexico when I decided to try San Jose Cabo which is closer to the airport and I was hearing is more tranquil. After searching on line I chose Marisol Boutique Hotel. When the taxi driver asked three people an no one knew where the hotel was I began to get nervous. We finally pull up and there is no bell boy or front desk. It was hot as hell and thank goodness for the taxi driver who discovered I had to go upstairs. He helped me with my luggage and I finally found the front desk. I opened the door and no air conditioning. The area was deserted with lots of vacant store fronts in the plaza. OMG I thought what have I done. Marisol greeted me and things got better. She was lovely and very accommodating. She helped me with my things and showed me my room ( which was air conditioned thankgoodness). She gave me a lounge chair and a beach towel and I made my way to the beac which is about a block away. Unfortunately the water is rough and there is no swimming but the people were especially friendly. When I got back I told Marisol I can't do this it is too hot I need a pool. She hooked me up with a day pass to the Holiday Inn which had three pools a kids center and all inclusive meals and drinks for $61. It was a great day. She was even willing to drive me there. She told me about several nice restaurants in the area and the Mega is right Accross the street. She and her family are especially friendly and helpful. They make you feel like family. This is what makes this hotel. Marisol takes pride in it and wants your visit to be pleasant. If you are looking for plush, a pool, restaurants a gym ,phone in the room. This is not the place for you..if you are looking for clean , safe, family friendly and an enjoyable experience this is the place for you. Her uncle even drove me to the airport at 5 am. I am so glad I stayed here for my short lay over it was like a little bit of home so far away.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center not that they are terrible couldn't change it. Tip. Ask them...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank angelchannel
Muchas gracias for your opinion about Marisol Boutique Hotel, we are very glad you had a lovely stay.
Marisol Garcia
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Pleasant atmosphere. The very inviting owner had a frank discussion with us about the visitors he has met and world harmony. He gave us a good overview of the city and was so nice and trusting that he LENT US HIS CAR for the evening. The hotel is comfortable but the area around it is somewhat like a ghost town. Doesn't really matter much though because it is a quick bus ride away from the downtown and a mile walk from a beautiful estuary. Great deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karensatkins
Gracias for letting travelers know about your experience at Marisol Boutique Hotel.
Antonio Garcia
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very clean, safe, inexpenseve, only few steps from the beach, busses and the plaza. Its owned by a friendly family which helped me a lot to get around here. Spaciuos room with a/c , confortable bads, tv, Extremelly attentive staff. Extremelly recommended. The owners speak spanish and english.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved our stay here. It's a family run business and the staff and owners are so welcoming we felt at home. They ave lots of good tips and recommendations for the area. Beds are slightly on the harder side but this was not an issue for us. We would go back in a heart beat and stay there for our entire trip rather than moving to an all inclusive. Hotel is in a great location for everything. Thank you Marisol and Antonio.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It is always comforting to know guestsare happy and pleased with service we provide.

Muchas Gracias
el cajon, ca.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great place to feel at home and comfortable.I felt like I already knew Marisol before we arrived as I had called before we left to ask a few questions. Everyone there are the best. Congrads to uncle Antonio on the birth of his Grandchild. About a 1 minute walk the a beach with many friendly locals. Small town feel and many great places to eat. Just ask Marisol who sent us to some great places where the locals go to eat. We liked it there more than the Mega resort we stayed at in Cabo San Lucas.

Room Tip: Corner suite at the end of the hallway has nice ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gracias for writting your experience with us, Don´s forget you have a second home in Mexico Los Cabos.

Antonio says hello.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I loved my stay in san jose del cabo and the Marisol boutique hotel. The hotel and staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was comfortable and quiet. I can't wait to go back. January Maybe? It was so close to the beach and shopping, and the great little ice cream shop on the corner. I felt really at home! Thank you to all the staff and family. Wendy Willing canada

Room Tip: Loved the Aquamarine room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for letting us know you had memorable stay and hope we see you in January.

Gracias