“WONDERFUL hotel and staff!”

Marisol Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for two days about a week ago. The hotel was very nice, clean and quiet. Food and music are only steps away, as well as a small outdoor shopping center. The beach is about a 2 min walk, through a somewhat dirty ally but that’s okay, just hurry past, I promise no one will bother you, everyone was very nice. The great thing about this hotel is that across the street you can find a park, my friend and I watched a soccer match while eating churros we picked up from the Mega, it's a grocery store in the shopping center. From the balcony of our room we were able to spot the whales but once again it goes back to the shopping center. The balcony on the shopping center provides a perfect view (with binoculars) of the whale in the ocean. If you do stay at this hotel be sure to keep an eye out for the cute little 3 legged dog and her pal, they roam the streets with their owner throughout the day. On a side note, if you’re thinking about going into town to shop, take a moment to see if the sellers on the beach have it. Everything I bought from them was much higher in the shop stores. If I missed anything in short this hotel has quick access to, a bar, a mall, the beach, a city bus, an organic restaurant and the city bus.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have a wonderful view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miss-Travel-Bandit
There are newer reviews for Marisol Boutique Hotel

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I returned yesterday from a stay in San Jose del Cabo at Marisol Boutique Hotel. It is tucked on a little side street between the typical mega resorts along the beach front in San Jose del Cabo. The rooms are very spacious, and clean. Rooms come with a fridge and plenty of space to store whatever you bring along. Every room as a balcony with ocean view. It is a 2-3 minute walk to the beach, and across the street from Starbucks and grocery store. If you want to travel on a budget but play on the same beach as the mega resorts, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side are quieter, but rooms on east side get a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Roger D
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Everything is very expensive right on the beach in the Zona Hotelera. Nice to have a reasonably priced option right near the beach.

Room Tip: Again great value here, you will pay two to three times more at any other hotel on the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I recently stayed at the Marisol Boutique Hotel, even after reading some reviews that weren't highly rated. I'm glad I did not let them sway my decision. Let me say, that the Marisol is not an all inclusive hotel, if you are looking for all the luxuries that go w/the all inclusive price, you won't find it here...BUT..you will find a relaxing atmosphere, with very personable staff. I traveled as a single woman, who speaks very little spanish & felt very safe at the Marisol. They speak fluent English which was a bonus for me! If you want something affordable, safe, clean & friendly, stay at the Marisol. You won't be disappointed! I have stayed at an all inclusive in the past but needed to save $ this trip. The Marisol offered everything I needed. It is located next to some wonderful restaurants w/great food & within a short (walking if you like to walk) distance from downtown San Jose. No pool, but the beach is a 2 min walk & beautiful!! 30 min drive from Cabo San Lucas. Family owned business & they are wonderful people!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank schamness
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This family run establishment is a great place to stay. They provided us with a great expereince and refered us to numerous local places to see and eat that were not the typical tourist haunts. The staff was polite and made every effort to make us comfotable. My wife and I have stayed here twice and we plan on coming again. It is a block from the beach and a block from the super market. They provided us with beach towels, chairs, umbrella and a cooler for our long beach days. If you are looking for an authentic Cabo experience this is the place for you. They are locals and know all the best places that alot of tourists miss. If you need to have a million TV channels and room service and plan on spending all your time on vacation in your hotel room this place is not for you. If you want a friendly, locally owned and helpful place that will allow you to truely explore Los Cabo this is the place. Sure it is does not have all the bells and whistle but they are not neccessay when you are in paradise and have the staff of The Marisol pointing you toward the best things in the area!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gwinters13
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I paid 85 $ for a basic room - I feel this is overpriced. There was no phone, no pens, no paper and the tv got about 3 channels - one channel without audio. When I asked about this I was told it was the cable TV's problem. On Wednesday and Thursday there was VERY LOUD music from the restaurant/bar until very late. I changed hotels after this.
There was rarely any hotel staff around. The picture on the web site makes it appear as though it is right on the beach - but it is not. I couldn't hear the ocaen like I had wanted to. I asked for a refund as I thought 85$ was too much for this room and was not given a refund. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again and unless you like loud music, I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: March 2008
4  Thank draePDX
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I just wanted to warn guests that I booked a 3 day stay with Marisol. I was instructed to deposit $85 in their american account which I promtly did with no problem. I was emailing with the co-owner of the hotel ( her father named it after her) Marisol. She booked out reservation and then let me know that their was a 24 hour cancelation fee of one night.
We had rented a house in Todos Santos for a week of our trip so on our way out of town we stopped by and introduced ourselves and took a look around. No problem, meet Marisol and asked to upgrade to a view room if possiable.
Halfway through our trip my Father was very ill and I had to head back to the states. I called 4 days before our booking and Marisol promised our deposit back. As of now ( 3/17/2008)with many emails between us. Marisol has now stopped returning my emails and has not refunded my money! Please don't stay at this Place! Dishonest people!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank makeupgrl60