Marisol Boutique Hotel
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$276
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$169
$146
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$420
$350
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$375
$209
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$815
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$281
$182
  • Pool
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$462
$431
Hotels.com
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$319
$268
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)
$725
$653
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$134
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorganic restaurantzona hotelerashort walk to the beachbus stopsan josebeach towels and chairsdel desiertosmall balconywalking distancelarge grocery storemini fridgeair conditioninggreat place to staysatellite tvconvenient locationcoffee makercomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This family run establishment is a great place to stay. They provided us with a great expereince and refered us to numerous local places to see and eat that were not the typical tourist haunts. The staff was polite and made every effort to make us comfotable. My wife and I have stayed here twice and we plan on coming again. It is a block from the beach and a block from the super market. They provided us with beach towels, chairs, umbrella and a cooler for our long beach days. If you are looking for an authentic Cabo experience this is the place for you. They are locals and know all the best places that alot of tourists miss. If you need to have a million TV channels and room service and plan on spending all your time on vacation in your hotel room this place is not for you. If you want a friendly, locally owned and helpful place that will allow you to truely explore Los Cabo this is the place. Sure it is does not have all the bells and whistle but they are not neccessay when you are in paradise and have the staff of The Marisol pointing you toward the best things in the area!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gwinters13
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I paid 85 $ for a basic room - I feel this is overpriced. There was no phone, no pens, no paper and the tv got about 3 channels - one channel without audio. When I asked about this I was told it was the cable TV's problem. On Wednesday and Thursday there was VERY LOUD music from the restaurant/bar until very late. I changed hotels after this.
There was rarely any hotel staff around. The picture on the web site makes it appear as though it is right on the beach - but it is not. I couldn't hear the ocaen like I had wanted to. I asked for a refund as I thought 85$ was too much for this room and was not given a refund. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again and unless you like loud music, I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: March 2008
4  Thank draePDX
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I just wanted to warn guests that I booked a 3 day stay with Marisol. I was instructed to deposit $85 in their american account which I promtly did with no problem. I was emailing with the co-owner of the hotel ( her father named it after her) Marisol. She booked out reservation and then let me know that their was a 24 hour cancelation fee of one night.
We had rented a house in Todos Santos for a week of our trip so on our way out of town we stopped by and introduced ourselves and took a look around. No problem, meet Marisol and asked to upgrade to a view room if possiable.
Halfway through our trip my Father was very ill and I had to head back to the states. I called 4 days before our booking and Marisol promised our deposit back. As of now ( 3/17/2008)with many emails between us. Marisol has now stopped returning my emails and has not refunded my money! Please don't stay at this Place! Dishonest people!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
8  Thank makeupgrl60
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We stayed in the Marisol Hotel for a total of 3 nights in March, 2007. The owners are wonderful people, very friendly and helpful. The first two nights, we stayed in a standard room for $75/night including tax, and credit cards are accepted. A continental breakfast is included Monday through Saturday. Fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, pastries, juice, and coffee. Our room included two double beds, bath and hand towels, soap, lotion, shampoo, and beach towels and chairs upon request. The first night, there was a lot of noise from music and traffic. The curtains did not block out the street lights, so we hung the beadspread over the curtain to keep out the light. The second night, there was no noise at all. The room also included a tv and a small balcony, and had high vaulted ceilings and a/c. It was clean and basic.
The hotel is not regularly staffed. However, when the staff is there, they will attend to all of your needs. While the hotel is not directly on the beach, it is a short two minute walk, and you will practically have the beach to yourself. This hotel is a great price for the beach location. The walk to town was about two miles, or you can take public transportation, which I believe is only 50 cents and the bus runs right in front of the hotel. The restaurant downstairs from the hotel had excellent food and service.
From the airport we took a shuttle bus for $13/person that took us directly to our hotel. The cabs from the airport are $50. To get back to the airport from our hotel, we were directed to go to Mega Supermarket across the street, and found cabs in the parking lot that took us back to the airport for $20.
We decided to spend only 2 nights in San Jose del Cabo, and Andrea was the best in helping us plan our trip to Todos Santos. She recommended restaurants and hotels, called several hotels, and booked the hotel for us. She gave us information about the bus to take us to Todos Santos. The bus station was about a one mile walk, with a two hour ride to Todos Santos for less than $10/person. The bus was comfortable, clean, easy, and showed a movie. After spending 3 nights in Todos Santos, and then 2 nights in La Paz, we emailed the Marisol Hotel to see if they had a room available for our last night. Their email responses are always immediate, and they let us know that they were booked. However, a few hours later, they emailed back to let us know that they received a cancellation. We went back to the Marisol for our final night and stayed in the suite, given to us for the same price as the standard. The suite was much nicer than the standard room. It had a seperate, small room with a futon, counter, refrigerator, and then the main room with two beds, tv, and small balcony with an ocean view. The room was quiet that night, and didn't seem to have as much of a problem with the lights shining in the room at night as our other room did. We enjoyed our stay in the Marisol Hotel.
I would definately recommend this hotel. As I said, the owners are wonderful, friendly people. The hotel is clean, and if you prefer a beach location, this hotel is close to the beach, and very economical.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank jackieca
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We recently stayed in this hotel for a couple of days as a transition between other accomodation. On the positive side, this hotel was immaculate, 1 block to the beach, close to a large grocery store and local bus stops and central for getting into the down town area of San Jose. The owner and his daughters were very lovely people. The prices were higher than previously quoted, $85 US per night not including taxes. This translated into $109 Canadian per night with taxes in.
On the negative side, we were there over a weekend, and no staff were around. It kind of made us wonder about security, as anyone from the street could have walked up to the rooms. It also mean't that we were unable to contact hotel staff when we needed something. The beds were very hard, and as previously stated it was very noisy at night due to the neighbouring liquor store. Possibley this was all more challenging over a weekend.
If you are a traveller and can go with the flow, this hotel is a little gem, and personally I would stay here again. If however you are a tourist and used to staying in resorts and upper class hotels, you will likely be frustrated . Then again, you will need to expect to pay considerably more.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family