Was at the Barcelo from 7/12 to 7/19, upgraded to the premium package which is the best money I've spent on any vacaction. Al a carte restaruants had some of the best food I've had in Mexico. I want to commend Jimmy at the pool bar, who saw what was happeneing and took steps to correct it (more on that later). Jesus in the Albatros dining room was fantastic, after a couple of days, he was waiting for us every morning with coffee, tea and an ash tray in hand. We got to the resort 3.5 hrs late because once again Frontier airlines was late leaving Chicago. (Never been on a Frontier flight that was on time, Apple, find someone else for your charter flights). Maria, our concierge was waiting and made chech-in a breeze. resort was probably no more than 50% full. Now the problem, my wife and I go to Mexico 2-3 times a year, always all-inclusive, and have never experienced the discrimination against non-spanish speaking people that we did on this trip. I'm not talking about in town I talking about at the resort. We always seen a little discriminationn on our summer trips but wrote it off due to 90% of the guest are spanish speaking during the summer, but this trip it was blatant and obvious. Jimmy at the pool bar saw it happen to us repeatedly the first couple of days and finally came over, apologized, and went out of his way to make our trip fun. The other bartenders would make eye contact and then go to a spanish speaking customer. Same thing happened in the buffet restraunts, Thank God for Jesus who treated everyone the same and made us look forward to breakfast every morning. We love the Barcelo and have been to 4 different ones a total of 7 times, we will definitely second guess going to another, especially during our summer trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo