I was here in February, and can say this is a beautiful spot for an amazing vacation. The grounds are immaculately kept, everything is clean and orderly. The service is all around pretty great (in English as well) and helpful – I didn't feel too far away from home.
We usually got lunch at the poolside snacks bar – but buffets otherwise. The dinner reservations fill up quickly, so book these early unless you want to eat late (we actually didn't use any of our credits, the buffet food was pretty good).
I am also doing a shout out to Jesus Villa in the Las Olas buffet (waterfront) – if you go to this restaurant, ask for this waiter. He'll make sure you get the best table, and make sure everything is just right for your stay, every morning. Ask him questions about activities in and around the resort, too. He made our morning, every day!
Yes, call it a "first world problem", but the WiFi did not work in our room (which you have to pay for). Tried on multiple devices, simply wouldn't issue an IP – hope this is now fixed! However, the management was happy to provide a credit and let me continue to use the internet in the lobby.
I will be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Barcelo, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo