Everything was excellent, although unlike most reviews we've read, we found the buffet restaurants to be pretty good, but the two theme restaurants were very disappointing. Service is not the best anywhere, but at these two restaurants it was particularly bad. The red wine was undrinkable (and we have very forgiving palates), and the food was barely average. The sushi bar was decent, although service again was inadequate.
Breakfasts were amazing! There are numerous tables with a view of the beach, gentle background music, and the food was very good. Lucio was our favorite waiter, we looked for him when we chose our seating.
The bars were well-stocked and well served, and probably had the best service in the resort. We particularly appreciated Gerardo, who was willing and friendly. The little restaurant / snack bar by the pool was really good too.
All in all, I would give it high marks if it were not for the poor experiences at the theme restaurants (Mexican and Italian).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo