We just got home from the Barcelo yesterday. We travelled with another couple - both first time travelers to Mexico. We felt for the price we paid, this was a great choice. The resort felt very welcoming and safe from day one.
Our room was in the east tower facing the Royal Solaris on the second floor. We had a great view of the beautiful sunrises every morning. The room was average - no real issues. Higher floors are better for the view.
The grounds are very well kept. The larger pool with the swim up bar is hardly used as it's not heated however the activity pool was always hopping and the infinity always had people in it as well. We liked the patio on the east side or the beach as there wasn't a lot of traffic. Not once did we have trouble finding 4 chairs together. The sellers on the beach are not an issue and will generally not bother you if you tell them you're not interested. We actually rather enjoyed chatting with several of them.
The staff are great! No real issues there either. Karen always greeted us with a smile and works very hard! Marco, David and Francesco also made our stay pleasant and fun! Such happy people! There were more but these were a few that stood out for us. If you take the time to interact with them, they'll serve you well.
The food was average and always enough of a selection. If you go hungry here, you must be very picky! Unfortunately we only went to the Italian a la carte which we highly recommend. We experienced our first taste of sushi in the sky bar, which gives a beautiful view both day and night.
The evening entertainment is lacking. The cooler evenings and wind don't help this case either but the staff try and accommodate by offering blankets to wrap up in to watch the shows.
Our check in and check out were both very smooth.
This resort had a variety of people ranging from young couples with small children (not many children otherwise) all the way to elderly. Lots of Canadians when were there and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. If you're looking for a huge party scene, this is not the place to go. Much quieter than other resorts along the beach.
Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our stay. It was a great first trip to Los Cabos. Thank you to the staff at Barcelo for helping make it a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo