“Beautiful Resort - You will LOVE it!”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This was an absolutely beautiful resort with excellent service, food, rooms, everything you could possibly ask for at a reasonable price! We were off-season so the price was of course better. I'm picky and usually find something wrong - there was nothing! I traveled with a group of 9 crazy ladies from Texas and we were treated wonderfully! At arrival, we were greeted with a pomegranate margarita, a little snag with our breakfast coupons was corrected immediately, and we walked up to our beautiful ocean front rooms and suites where a bottle of champagne and beautiful cake in a chocolate box was waiting for me (birthday!). Every day by the pool we had "Jorge of the Jungle", Ivan, and the rest of the wonderful staff at our beck and call. The infinity pool is huge and you will find a chair no problem. All we heard were the magic words "my pleasure!" You should definitely tip the pool guys at the end of your day - they deserve it. Cool towels, Evian Water and if sunburned - aloe straight from the plant!

I visited the spa to pick up the menu and never got a chance to get over there - it looked fabulous. We did take a private sail and snorkel trip (7 of the 9) - through the hotel concierge and it was amazing - do it - you will love seeing the arch close up and walking on lovers beach - the captain and first mate were top notch - it's a three hour sale hour sale and worth it!

Although it's a quiet resort - there is no problem with having a large group. It's not crazy at the pool bar like some properties. Mostly couples here but don't shy away from bringing a group - you won't be disappointed. The food was delicious - breakfast - omelets, waffles, salmon, pastries, French toast...5 different kinds of juice, coffee that was delicious. And lunch! Wood fire pizzas by the pool, delicious fish tacos (better than the shrimp tacos). The drinks did taste a little different but I'm assuming that is the juice they use there - still the bloody mary's were awesome! I want to go back right now! The beach is heavy - strong undertow - but OK to swim beyond the break a bit.

The only thing we would have liked would be a bar open with maybe just a little music at night when you come back from dinner - not crazy - but just a little night life there. Everything closes down and it's really quiet.

Going into town to Cabo Wabo - a blast! About $6 pp with a large party - it changes to 8 with a smaller party - Dinner at Mona Lisa - pricey but you will not be disappointed - about $90.00 pp with 2 glasses of wine and dessert!

Also had dinner at the Trailer Park - delicious too and a little less expensive. Bring CASH - everybody wants cash!

Go to this resort - you will LOVE it :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property! We’re happy to see you and your friends had the opportunity to experience all our resort has to offer. We’re honored to have been a part of your girls’ getaway and your birthday celebration! Whether you just want to lounge by the pool or venture out to the charming towns nearby, we are definitely the perfect destination for a memorable vacation. We appreciate your many travel tips as we know they are very helpful to other guests. We will pass on your compliments to our staff – they always work hard and will certainly appreciate the praise! We truly enjoyed taking care of you and all the “crazy ladies from Texas” and we look forward to seeing you all again! Take care.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,508)

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Hilton Los Cabos is a gem among Hilton hotels. The staff is very friendly and adressed me by name whenever possible. The room was beautifully decorated and kept very clean and well maintained by the housekeeping staff. The food quality was very good, absolutely no negative comments here. There were several options to choose from (El Meson for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Fenicia for fine dining, Madero Bar & Grill at the pool, the Deli and room service). The staff at the pool was very attentive. It was the low season, therefore the staff might have had more time to attend to the guests. The pool area overall was beautifull and very nice set up with the lounge chairs. Although the spa was undergoing renovation, they have set up several hotel rooms for treatments. I had a wonderfull massage. The fitness center was state of the art and kept very clean. I had rented a car for convenience and complimentary valet parking was offered. The distance to Los Cabos and San Jose are very short and it is actually nice that the hotel is in a quiet area, not too close to the town.
I will definately come back to this Hilton for a nice and relaxing stay. Great job to all the staff.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. Hilton hotels have a great reputation so we are very honored that you consider us a gem. We are happy you enjoyed the kind of service our staff has become renowned for, especially at our pool. Whether it is “low season” or our hotel is at maximum occupancy, you can rest assured that our staff always takes every opportunity to make our guests feel welcome and right at home. We have to agree that our location is ideal so our guests can appreciate the peace of our lovely destination while enjoying easy access to a variety of things to do in the area. This way, your vacation is just that – yours! We appreciate your recommendation and the compliments to our staff. We hope you will choose us again for your next vacation in Cabo!

Reviewed September 18, 2010

Our trip began for us at the airport in Cabo. Armando from the Hilton private transportion picked us up in a black Escalade. We were served drinks on the way to the hotel. Upon existing the Escalade, I was greeted with a margarita and immediately escorted to my beautiful 1200 square feet Oceanfront premiere suite. The suite is beautiful and spacoius. On the dining room table was a note from the hotel saying happy anniversary along with wine glasses, a bottle of red wine and a cheese platter. On our bed were red balloons and swans made from towels. We had dinner on the beach and it was everything we wanted to celebrate our special day. There was a mix up about the reservation for this dinner. However, the manager remedied the mix up made by the Conceire. The food it fantantic and the service beats any 5 star I have ever stayed at. The pool is superior in everyway. Once you get in you won't want to get out. Pool service is excellent as well as the food served there. Try the pizza or the shrimp tempura! We have decided that this in going to be THE ONE AND ONLY hotel we visit annually to celebrate our special day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are very honored to have been a part of your special occasion and we are so happy you were pleased with your in-room surprise! An anniversary is an important event and our goal is to make every moment extraordinary so that when you leave, you’ll be able to take home the great memories of your time here. We appreciate the compliments on our food and service – it’s always wonderful to hear positive feedback. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Los Cabos. We look forward to being your home away from home in Cabo for many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I do a lot of research before going on vacation, and usually my final decision is based off of reviews from everyone here. I just came back last night from my stay at the Hilton, and have to say that this hotel is fantastic. I echo much of what everyone has already posted here, but I'd like to highlight the following and hopefully can be helpful to all of you, as you all have been to me:

1. The service I experienced was great. Everyone greets you, is available to answer all questions, and help you with anything you need at all. I didn't have a negative experience.

2. Our room was immaculate. Housekeeping never infringed on our stay (both morning and evening for turndown service). Service was always on/around the same time everyday so we could plan accordingly. L'Occitane products + daily water bottles + gorgeous view + great rate (due to low season) = Very happy. I did tip a couple dollars each day.

3. The Hilton is centrally located between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose de Cabo, adjacent to the Cabo Real - about 25 mins from the airport (I took a taxi to/from the airport $26 USD; $400 pesos). You feel safe entering the property as security stops all vehicles and pedestrians entering to ensure that those entering indeed are staying at the Hilton. There is a bus stop right across the street when you leave the entrance of the hotel grounds. The bus costs $19 pesos ($2 USD) to get to Cabo San Lucas. There's no set schedule - just kind of comes when it comes. The bus is relatively safe and much cheaper than taking a taxi ($250 pesos; $25 USD); I've done both ways. Buses run until 10:30 PM, both ways. Definitely go to Cabo San Lucas as I have had some of my best meals here).

4. I didn't use the spa, though they were undergoing renovations and offered a discount. The gym looked great, but again, I didn't use it. I spent most of my time down at the infinity pool, which was beautiful and not crowded at all (again, likely due to low season - no fighting for loungers). Absolutely loved the pool, especially the view of the beach/ocean from the pool.

5. Food options - El Meson - I ate here 4 out of the 5 nights I was here for dinner. I haven't had a bad meal here. The Madera Bar and Grill has awesome fish tacos. Deli was convenient, but towards the end of my trip I found it easy/cheaper to go into town and purchase goods rather than from the Deli. I did not eat at Fenicia as it was pricier than I wanted to spend each evening.

6. Dislikes - This is not a Hilton issue - I love the Caribbean sands (soft/powdery). The sand here is coarser, which is fine - just not my preference. I still walked up and down the beach every morning. The ocean is breathtaking and waves are huge at this point in the season - though I did go down into the water everyday.

7. You can exchange USD for pesos at the front desk, no service charge.

Overall, Cabo is beautiful and the Hilton is fantastic. It's a hike to get there from NYC but I would definitely stay there again.

2  Thank robeans

Thank you for posting feedback about your stay at Hilton Los Cabos. We always encourage our guests to share their experiences with us and other travelers so we appreciate you taking the time to offer your tips. It’s always a good idea to do thorough research before booking your vacation, and we’re so pleased you were not disappointed with your choice! Glad you were able to check out the nearby towns – whether you want lively nightlife or a more laidback atmosphere, San Jose and Cabo San Lucas are both great options close by. We know New York isn’t just a quick flight to Los Cabos, but we’re glad to see that it was worth the trip for you and hopefully for others who are considering taking the trip as well! Thanks again for writing in and we hope to make your next stay even better than the first. Best wishes!

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Disclaimer first. We went using mileage so the room was free. Also got a double upgrade to a Deluxe Oceanview. During the slow season so this is possible.
Staff was incredible. There when you needed them, invisible when you did not.
View magnificant, over all food was good. Nice beach, plenty of lounge chairs at pool, again probably due to "low season".
Overall a wonderful, wonderful 6 days and would return in a heartbeat!!
One minor con - poolside drinks lacked flavor and margaritas overly tart. Not much in the con area.
Went to the Westin a short distance away. Too big, lobby on top floor (built on a cliff), surf would prevent swimming in the ocean. Just a visit and doubt the service would be much different at Westin vs. Hilton.
Again, would go back to the Hilton in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property! We appreciate your compliments regarding our property and staff. Our goal is to achieve the perfect balance between anticipating your every need while allowing you the freedom to enjoy and explore our destination at your leisure. We are very pleased to see that this goal was achieved during your stay. Again, thank you for your recommendation and we eagerly await your return!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is a wonderful property with a professional and hardworking staff. Could not have chosen a better place to stay for a few days of pampered R&R.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Thank you for submitting a review of Hilton Los Cabos. Our staff always tries to go above and beyond for our valued guests and we’re excited to see that you experienced a relaxing vacation at our resort. We appreciate the kudos to our staff and we will be sure to share your review with them. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you will visit again when it’s time for more R&R!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I had the most amazing, romantic, perfect honeymoon thanks to the amazing Hilton Los Cabos. From the moment we arrived I knew we had made the right choice. Not only was the property absolutely stunning, but the room was gorgeous! The staff had decorated our room with balloons, towels shaped like swans making a heart, chocolate shaped like the arch at Lovers Beach and a bottle of champagne.

The entire staff of the hotel spoiled us. Not only did they remember our names, but they also remembered how we took our coffee, what kind of juice we liked for breakfast, and that my favorite happy hour drink is a mojito. Details details details..they have it down.

I have to especially thank Jorge (aka "George of the Jungle") who works by the pool. When I went on a snorkeling adventure, I was stung by a jellyfish that got stuck in my bikini (the tour was not at all affiliated with the Hilton). I didn't want to make a big deal, but by the time my husband & I got back to the hotel, I was shivering and crying from the intense pain. Jorge took such good care of me. Not only was he modest, and discreet in his assistance, but he was funny, sweet, and very caring. When we returned to our room we found a cake in the shape of a Jelly fish with instructions to kill it. Oh man, did we enjoy that!

Also, I highly recommend splurging for the romantic dinner served by El Mason on the beach. It was definitely my favorite part of the trip. Edgar provided us with impeccable service, and an amazing wine recommendation. Be sure you try the Roganto Savignon Blanc. Who knew such fabulous wine was being made in Mexico?

Don't forget to check out the smaller pool & try the sushi there. It is delicious. Also, the breakfast buffet was AMAZING! There were plenty of options for me as a vegetarian, and a generally healthy eater. Alternatively there were plenty of options for my husband who loves meat, and not-so-healthy options :) Something for everyone, for sure. The fruit is so delicious & fresh! Be sure to try some of the cactus celery orange juice...so yummy!

Also, the deli provides great sandwiches and snacks that are much cheaper than the other restaurants and room service. But, be sure to go to happy hour at La Vista! Mirelle took great care of us, and the make the most delicious Mojitos! Also, try the nachos made with their homemade torilla chips....I'm drooling as I type.

Our room was secluded, quiet and VERY CLEAN. The bathroom was gorgeous, and our bed was really comfy. No morning back pain at all! My only complaint was that you have to pay for WiFi. It's $10USD/day. Not that big of a deal, but it would have been nice had it been complementary.,

Be careful when you go to town though. There are timeshare people who are ruthless, and will follow you around. They try to get you to come see their property, but we're totally loyal to the Hilton! Really, there is no need to leave as the Hilton provides everything you could possibly desire.

We are officially making a trip of the Hilton Los Cabos our new yearly destination. I can't wait to go back next summer. Really, it was sheer paradise, and sheer perfection.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grafixdiva
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your honeymoon experience with everyone! Your honeymoon is an important occasion and we always want to exceed your every expectation on this very special vacation. Our goal is to make you feel like you have come home to the welcoming arms of your family – the Hilton family! So sorry you were stung by a jellyfish on your excursion, but we’re happy to see that Jorge was able to come to the rescue. We will definitely pass your message to him. In regards to the Internet, I do want to let you know that as of September 1, 2010, all Gold and Diamond Hilton HHonors members enjoy complimentary Internet at our property. Thank you for all your tips and suggestions as we know other travelers will find them helpful. We are so excited that we can be your yearly go-to destination and we look forward to your visit next year! Again, congratulations to you and husband!