Me and My husband stayed at the Hilton July 1 - 5, 2005. We booked a vacation package thru Alaska Airlines which included shuttle service to and from the hotel. I would recommend arranging a shuttle as cab fare is about $25 per person from the airport to Cabso san Lucas. We actually meet a family of 4 that paid $80.00 one way from the airport to their hotel in San Hose. Upon arrival, the service was great. They considered us VIP so we were taken straight to our room and allowed to check-in in our room. We were first given a room that was on the 2nd floor by the pool and our balcony was next to an vending cart. Our package has specified a ocean view room, so needless to say I was not pleased. I went to the front desk and without any hesitation, I was given a different room on the 4th floor directly facing the ocean with a outstanding private view. The room was well decorated. clean and well equipped with bath robes, slippers, minibar and more. I was extremely pleased, it is definitely a 4 star hotel. Our total experience was relaxing and the service was excellent. Thn hotel that is on the part of the beach that has a cove and you can swim in the ocean, snorkel and rent wave runners. My only complaint about the hotel was the price and quality of the food. The breakfast buffet is $28.00 each and average price at the casual dining resturant is $20.00. We ate at the Hacienda the first night and ordered Sea Bass. The food tasted so bad we could not eat it and sent it back and asked if we could order something different. The manager promptly attended to our request and the cook even came to our table. They informed us that it was not Chiliean Sea Bass ($24) like they serve in the US. It is more like Grouper. The 2nd dish we ordered was chicken & steak fajitias, but it was just OK ($16). The next night we ate at the formal dining room, and the food was excellent, but it cost us $75.00. A little secret is that the Hilton has a section that is a timeshare and there is a deli located in that part of the hotel where you can get sandwich box lunch for around $7. Also the Hilton is across from the local bus stop that you can catch for $1 into Cabo San Lucas, the hotel has a shuttle service you can take for $10 a day, but the bus only stopped once after our stop and it was a 20 min drive directly into down town and it runs every 30 min. We rode the bus into town and ate at a restuarant on the pier for about $7 a plate and easily rode it back to the hotel with no problem. I would definitely return to the Hilton, but as some of the other reviews have stated, bring as much of your own drinks & snacks that you can and if you plan on eating at the hotel bring some MOOLA!
For activites, we took the ATV tour, and it was a blast. 3 hr tour that takes you to the beach and lets you romp around free for about 1 hour, it was awesome. We got it free because we did the timeshare tour at the hotel that provided us with a free breakfast and less than a hour of our time. It was worth it to savie $90.00.
We loved Cabo so much, we are returning next summer with our kids, but we are will be staying at the Westin Regina thru a trade with the timeshare that we own. I would of loved to return to the Hilton, but with kids, it is more economical to have a kitchen to be able to prepare our own meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo