“Great resort for our honeymoon!”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at the Hilton Los Cabos for our honeymoon and we loved it. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we were immediately taken to 'La Vista' for complimentary welcome margaritas and a great view of the ocean. Our room was beautiful with a nice view. Thanks to my husband's Diamond status with Hilton, we received the continental breakfast (juice, milk, coffee, fruit, cereal, pastries) free everyday, but almost everyday we paid to upgrade to the full hot breakfast buffett since it was so good! Regular American breakfast foods plus many Mexican specialties. Sounds simple, but we really enjoyed the chocolate croissants! Throughout our stay, we ate at every restaurant at the resort except for Fenicia. Although the prices were high, we thought the food was great and since we were on our honeymoon we wanted to enjoy ourselves and not worry about how much everything was. The pools were great and were never overly crowded (in Nov.) and the cushioned lounge chairs were nice. We also enjoyed a couples massage at the spa, prices were what I would expect and have experienced from a resort spa. Staff throughout the property were all very helpful and friendly. We did not rent a car so each time we went into Cabo San Lucas we went across the street and took the public transportation bus for $2 USD or $20 pesos per person. Much more affordable than taking a taxi each time if you don't mind the bus making some stops. Make sure you tell the driver where you're going if you aren't familiar with the area, especially at night, or you'll miss your stop.

The only complaint, if I should even call it that, is the location. The Hilton is roughly half way between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas, and not within walking distance of anything besides other resorts so we found ourselves back at the hotel fairly early each night after having dinner in Cabo San Lucas because we were taking the bus back which stops at 10:30pm and this being our first time in Mexico I was leary about being away from the resort late at night. So if you're looking to party it up all night every night while visiting Cabo, I'd suggest staying in Cabo San Lucas.

Overall a really great trip and we would come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,492)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here for four nights while on a solo vacation. The hotel was clean and I appreciated the my room furnishings and amenities. For the most part the staff was attentive and quite helpful. When their ATM was removed to be replaced they even drove me in a golf cart to a neighboring property. Finally the location couldn't be beat. I might choose to be a bit closer to San Jose del Cabo if I travel solo again, but for couples or families this would be perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. We believe that Los Cabos is a terrific destination of solo travelers looking for a relaxing getaway, so we are pleased that you found this to be the case. Thankfully things worked out with the ATM. Even as you consider options closer to San Jose, we do hope you will keep us in mind when you next travel to Los Cabos. Thank you again.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hilton Los Cabos is an great venue. The pool offered great vistas of the Sea of Cortez and the occaisonal whale breaching. The tourist corridor location provided both a secluded location and a short cab ride to the bustle and nightlife of Los Cabos and the more sedate San Jose del Cabo artist community. Definitely worthy of a do over.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just finished a week at the Hilton in Cabo and it is truly a great resort hotel. It's not a five star in terms of the physical building, but the staff and the location is top notch. It has a small swimming area that is sort of protected but there are few great swimming beaches near cabo. The pool is beautiful and the sunrises are epoch. All the service is friendly and the food is good...not spectacular, but very good. Lots of kids and the pool area gets crowded quickly, but for this price range, you can't expect privacy in Cabo. The spa is very good. The food is overly pricey, and the rooms are not overly large, but relatively speaking, this is a great value. Cabo in general is more pricey than other Mexican resort areas, but this hotel is wonderful. I would stay there again

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cookie-Jar-Butte

Thank you for the lovely review of your week in Los Cabos at our resort. We've never heard our sunrises described as "epic" before, but that's probably the perfect description. No picture can really do them justice. Should you return to Los Cabos in the future, we will look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

From my welcome at 1am to my departure 7 days later, it was an absolutely amazing experience at Hilton Los Cabos.

A vibrant hospitable team lead by Tim Booth made my work trip seem like my vacation of a lifetime. The team including the charismatic leader and his wife Kim could be seen consistently, meeting, greeting and using old world class service to exceed the every guest expectations.

I had the most wonderful food, room, room service, farewell and I could never express enough the feeling of warmth, fun and history that was taught to me by just watching these amazing people who made every effort to please us, their guests.

Try that morning breakfast special, a drink made of Cactus, try the hibiscus beverage, ohhhh, the sushi, the tacos, anything you want to know, ask Pablo at the Concierge, he is a library of information and then when you want to be spoiled rotten, see Jorge of the jungle - Pool Concierge.

The only way for you to experience this awesome service and breathtaking views of endless blue water is to stop by Hilton Los Cabos. I am awaiting my invitation to return and came home telling everyone, that is exactly where I will be honeymooning. I sent home this message the morning I arrived in Cabo, "I am in Hotel Heaven".

Room Tip: You cant go wrong
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Three generations ages 3 to 60 enjoyed this resort. Service was outstanding and children were always welcome. Great breakfast buffet- worth the package to have buffet included. Ocean front rooms had beautiful view . Rooms cleaned early in the day and turn down service later without asking. Transportation to and from airport and to restaurants was easy. Ocean was swim able. Great place for family holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for the review. What a lovely opportunity to enjoy a destination vacation celebrating three generations of family. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent experience for guests of any age, from 3 to 60 and beyond, and to be a place where everyone feels welcome and can focus themselves completely on fun and relaxation. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

After a long flight from Australia and a few hectic days in LA, the Hilton Los Cabos is exactly what we needed. We had a beautiful suite on the 6th floor overlooking the main pool and ocean. Most days we saw whales from our balcony (which was an excellent size complete with 2 seater lounge). We chose the Hilton because I had read it had the only swimmable beach in the Cabo area and I can tell u the swimming beach is beautiful. Probably best to head for the sheltered corner which allowed swimming without being buffeted by waves. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to see Marisol the sea turtle being released with her satellite tracker plus also the release of hundreds of baby turtles. A special experience. We ate at most of the restaurants onsite incl room service and probably the most disappointing food came from the lobby bar. Besides that the food was very good and a wide variety (high recommendations for the Lasagne at Fenica, fish and shrimp tacos, also the raspberry sorbet - delicious). I guess if you are looking for a party atmosphere you may be disappointed as it is a quiet resort but that is exactly what we wanted. If you're looking for something a little more lively than Cabo San Lucas is only a 20 minute drive away. We would not hesitate to stay at the Hilton Los Cabos again.