“Perfect trip!”

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect trip!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the most wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable trip ever. We stayed at the Hilton for 5 days. The food and drinks at the hotel were amazing. Their breakfast was always delicious. We tipped the man who seats the guests and he always had a table ready for us outside with a beautiful ocean view. We spent most of our time by the pool and two full days down at the beach. The chairs are very comfortable and the waiters are always coming by to make sure you have what you need. My husband and I both had the Ahi Tuna Salad for lunch two days in a row...it was soo good! We never ate dinner at the hotel, but friends of ours who did said it was amazing. We decided to venture out at dinner time. I highly, highly recommend a restaurant in San Jose (15 min drive) called MORGANS - CELLARS. OMG!!! The atmosphere was amazing. The food was to die for. I had the lobster/fish, my husband had the lobster/ribs combo. We ordered a bottle of CASA BALOYAN (Cabernet Sauvignon), it's a Mexican wine from Valle De Guadelupe...AMAZING. We had dinner one night at the OFFICE in Cabo. It was ok. I did not like the fish I ordered, at all. I ended up eating 1/2 of the chicken off my husbands plate and left the entire fish, less one bite, on my plate. Poor fish : ( I try not to waste anything that had to lose it's life for my satisfaction, but it was way too fishy tasting for me. The atmosphere at the Office was fun. The tables are down on the sand, so I suggest maybe flip flops with your outfit. We dined at EDITH'S one night. This is near the Office. We enjoyed the atmosphere. The service was amazing. There were like 6 waiters waiting on our table alone. The food was very good. I had the chicken, my husband had the fish. My favorite experience though, was Morgan's. My sister recommended Hacienda's, but we did not want to have to dress up. My husband hates wearing long pants when he's on vacation in a tropical place. Other restaurant's that were recommended, but we didn't get a chance to try were: Mi Casa (great Mexican food) in Cabo, Tequila's in San Jose and Casino's in San Jose. I'm a little bummed that we did not try Casino's. Las Ventana's is a restaurant for ONLY the rich and famous...Casino's has the same chef, but for the "not so rich" nobody's. There is no menu. You get whatever they are creating that day. I guess you have to be an adventurous eater...my husband is not! Overall, we had an amazing time in Cabo. Oh, I almost forgot...I decided one morning to get an 8am massage at the Hilton Spa. The whole experience was the most relaxing I have ever had. It felt like I had the whole place to myself. The massage was amazing. I went in with some lower back pain and shoulder pain and came out feeling pain free. At one point, the therapist sat on my back! I thought, "What the...!" It felt too good to stop her. She obviously knew what she was doing...my back felt great afterwards. After my massage, I spent some time out on the patio reading a magazine, then sat in the hot tub for a while...Ahhh! I love the Hilton...I would have loved it even more, though, if they had coffee in the rooms! It would have been nice to wake up, make a cup of coffee and sit out on the patio and enjoy the view. Instead, I had to throw something on, run down to the restaurant with bed head, hope I didn't see anyone I knew and order a cup of $3 black coffee to take up to my room. Other than that, it was a perfect trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank girlzrus3
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. What a way to treat yourself by allowing us to pamper you at Spa Oasis. We are happy that you found the massage to be the most relaxing one you have ever had. A little known fact about our resort is that we will deliver a coffee pot to your room upon request. We hope you keep this in mind for your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I are staying here for Spring Break for our first visit to Mexico and have been blown away at the level of service in every aspect of our visit. I have been fortunate enough to have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels in Europe and the US, and NEVER have I felt that a hotel
Is as deserving of a 5-star rating as this one. The devil is in the details and it's the details that make all the difference. The management here understands that, and it's obvious in the level of cleanliness, customer service and ambiance. The two main reasons This hotel experience has been so stellar and above the rest: the breakfast buffet and the ambiance. The buffet is the most sumptuous selection of Mexican and Continental food I have ever seen. and it's fresh and delicious (no reconstituted eggs here!) I usually choose oatmeal and fruit on our vacations, but the food here has been so good, I haven't had oatmeal once! It's been a great opportunity to try Mexican dishes like chile rejellenos (sp?), poached eggs verde, and chilequitos. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating.

The ambiance is just what you envision of a vacation in Mexico: beautiful grounds with tropical flowers everywhere, plenty of open air bars and restaurants, servers everywhere ready to bring you a drink or a fresh towel or pillow. Jorge the Popsicle Man brings free Popsicles every afternoon. There is a live guitarist playing on the terrace every morning during the meal. I could go on. The difference is: this vacation is the first time ever that we don't want to leave the hotel!!! (We did, because we felt we should, but besides excursions, there is no need).

There are two infinity pools, two swim up bars, two hot tubs, an excellent kids club, a very Zen spa (Omar does a great deep tissue massage), and beach access. Why leave?

In my opinion, Hilton Los Cabos sets the standard for excellence. Worth the money and Hilton points. Other hotels looking to improve their ratings should look here for tips. We will return!!!

Room Tip: 5th floor, south-facing rooms offer a great view of the sea. We saw whales breaching from our balcon...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank specialspice
Thank you so much for the excellent review. We appreciate your choice of our resort for your first visit to Mexico. We look for all types of ways to show our guests we care, from the quality of food we serve to the drinks we bring you when we see yours is empty. We look forward to your return trip to Los Cabos.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We travel a considerable amount and are fairly tough critics, both professionals in the hospitality industry and found the Hilton excellent on all counts. The service is spectacular, room product spacious and culturally charming, and overall facility (pool, beach, etc) beautiful. From the generous greeting upon arrival, we've had a wonderful experience. Our only, "if" would be a cup of coffee on our balcony before starting the day is missed.

Thanks for making our vacation excellent!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are honored that tough critics such as you are able to give us such a wonderful review. Thank you for that. You pointed out each element that we strive to keep top notch, such as the service, the well-maintained property and beautiful views. We hope you will return to stay with us again in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived, this was the best service we have ever experienced. Every single member of the staff that we encountered went above-and-beyond for us. Pedro from the bell desk was exceptionally friendly to us. The entire property is very well maintained and the beach is amazing. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and some whale watching every morning. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

The only negative I can think of is the beach vendors offering horseback rides. It is hard to watch those poor horses stand in the hot sun all day without any water. I know the Hilton has no control over this public beach area, but I did want to warn people about the issue.

I played golf at Cabo Real and Pamilla and Cabo Real was far more enjoyable and even a little less expensive.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on as high a floor as possible for a better view.
2 Thank grkcowboys
Thank you for your rave review. We could not be more pleased that you felt you had the best customer service experience while staying with us. We feel that providing unmatched service to our guests allows us to build such strong relationships. We are concerned of the issue with the horseback ride vendors, and we are working on a solution for that. We would like to invite you back for another stay.
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Never having been to Mexico, I was so wonderfully surprised about this gem in the Pacific. The people, service, food, rooms and the sheer beauty of the beach were absolutely fantastic! This is a definite gotta go to spot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DiniB
Thank you for your review, and for choosing our resort for your accommodations during your first trip to Mexico. We are happy to hear that you found everything about your trip to be wonderful. We hope you will return and stay with us again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2013

4 1/2 stars. I spent last Tuesday night one week ago. The Hilton resort is very pretty maybe a 20 minute cab ride from Cabo. The beach is long and sandy with a rock water breakwall so playing in the water is possible in that area for children. The pools looked attractive and busy. What we did do was eat at 3 of the restaurants all very good for salads, fish and local favors. The deli on the 1st floor was a jack of all trades we relied on over the 24 hours. Had snacks, liquor ,coffee, sundries.
There is no coffee in the room. FYI
We did the full ocean view and the balcony was hard to leave. We were high and saw plenty of last minute whales moving north. Bring binoculars! There are horseback rentals directly below on the beach for hire.
The lobby pomegranate margaritas were good. Now on to the room. Tastefully Mexican. Shutters opened over the bath to view the ocean from the bathroom.
Everything worked! Service friendly and prompt, we never had to ask for anything. I would recommend this hotel for a lively stay in the hotel zone.

1 Thank emmi58
Thank you for your lovely review. We are conveniently nestled just minutes between both San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Visiting either town is as simple as a bus, cab or rental car ride away. We are so happy that you enjoyed our restaurants and your ocean view room. Witnessing the whales breaching is quite a treat. We do hope you will return to stay with us during any future trips to Los Cabos.
Grosse Pointe
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was surprised to see a negative review about this Hilton. I agree that the food is over-priced, but aside from that, I think this is about the best value in Cabo. Spectacular view from every guest room, comfortable common areas, and the most polite staff you'll find anywhere. If people are expecting Cabo to be inexpensive because it is Mexico, they will be sadly disappointed. I am a repeat guest at the Hilton, and I recommend it all the time. Enjoy it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy to discover that you found our resort to offer the best value for the most return. We are thankful for your loyalty to our Hilton, and we look forward to your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#14 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#8 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!