Let me begin by saying that we previously stayed at the One and Only Palmilla in Cabo where we fell in love with the area. That hotel is in a category all-by-itself and is at least 3X the price with rooms averaging $1,200 per night! They also have a beautiful beach where you cannot swim due to all the rocks. When we go to the tropics - we NEED a swim-able beach. This time after reading the nice reviews here......we selected the Hilton Los Cabos. The hotel is in the Hotel Zona - which is in between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo.....about 30 miuntes from the airport.
The place is magnificent! The service is outstanding! The place is spotless and everyone has a smile on their face - they are truly glad you are there! Size-wise it isn't too big or small. The restaurants may seem pricey to some on this site - but the food is superb and you get what you pay for. Super fresh and locally grown. I have stayed at hotels with a few different restaurants and for some reason there is always a similarity between them all - maybe flavors? maybe sharing chefs? who knows. Let me say that their Fenecia was the best meal we have EVER had in Cabo. Super fresh sea bass with riscotto and the most amazing chocolate moose dome for dessert....or tableside crepes? Hector was super attentive and had wonderfiul reccomondations. We also dined at El Meson (where you have breakfast with the worlds best bacon!!) Mexican food "yes" but not like anything we had ever tasted.....no enchiladas or burittos here! Great flavors and unusual combinations on beautifully presented plates of goodies! After a minor moment of confusion with our order, manager Luis came over and made it all better....and beyond....all with a smile and the most sincere apology for something so minor. Moments like that are why great restaurants are great. I suggest reservations.
Position yourself by the pool as early as possible - leaving an old magazine and towel....the chairs do fill up quite fast - even at the more quiet and equally beautiful "other" pool. The pool staff is running around all day taking food and drink orders - always remembering your name. Impressive. Two really nice places to eat poolside as well....The complimentary quickey massage by the pool was so nice that we made hr. long beachside massages the following day - Paloma has magic hands
Do yourself a favor and rent a car! Otherwise all you see is the Hilton. The surrounding area is beautiful. We paid $220.00 for a week with Budget for a 2013 small car. We drove to San Jose and across that bridge to LaPlayitas. We ate at the Drunken Sailor. It is by the marina in a very "sketchy" looking area. Totally safe. Closed Monday. Highest rated restaurant in Trip Advisor in the area....and well worth the adventure! We drove to Cabo San Lucas (marine area with all the action and CaboWabo! ugh) both are $40.00 cab rides. We also drove to the Capitol city of La Paz and spent the day at Balandra - the most beautiful beach we ever saw!...about a 21/2 hr. drive each way. Don't waste time going to Todos Santos....don't spend $money$ on whale watching trips.....the whales are in front of the hotel at breakfast and around 3:00 pm (when in season). Don't stand in the HOT sun waiting for a 30 minute bus ride there....not fun! Rent a Car! and then bring your ipod cable so you can listen to a little Herb Albert as you cruise thru the mountains....passing the cows and goats. No English radio at all! Remember a dictionary for signs ...phones wont work outside the tourist area so it's a great thing to have.
So, as you can see......we loved this place and we've already booked next March. adios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo