Mixed feelings about this hotel. In some ways it feels like a strong 5 star resort but in others, more like a 2 or 3 stars:
Let's start with the good:
- My boyfriend proposed there
- The common parts of the hotel are lovely
- The food, although pricy, is actually very good (except in room breakfast - see 'the bad' below)
- The pool area is nice and has lovely cabanas.
- Easy access to the beach
- You can have dinner on the beach - you pay extra for the set up but it's an amazing experience
- The room - old TV and phone (the yellowish kind with a cord). Dirty! Afraid to say the bathroom wall was stained with dried nasal mucus which was absolutely vile
- Service is really weak. I wanted to change room for the reasons mentioned above (also the view was not the full frontal ocean view specifically requested), and I declined a room which communicates with another because these are usually more noisy (you can hear your neighbour). The lady who was assisting me reported my comment back to her colleague (in Spanish, which I understand) and the colleague laughed. That was incredibly inappropriate but I was more bothered about getting a suitable room at that point. After spending nearly 20 mins waiting for them to identify a suitable room, we are told that the hotel was full. We later found out from 2 separate hotel staff that the hotel was only at 70% capacity. So I was laughed at and lied to
- Also about the service - following the dinner during which my boyfriend proposed, the waiter actually chased us because he was unhappy with his tip. Worth knowing the tip was on top of the $100 extra we paid to have a table set up on the beach. Quite inappropriate particularly at the end of my proposal dinner...
- The restaurants - surprisingly good food but if you plan on having breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort, budget for $150-$200 per adult per day. Interesting to note that the website does not show restaurant prices...
- The beach - not so swimmable I'm afraid! The waves are too strong so it's actually quite dangerous. In fact we saw one of the hotel guest being taken away in an ambulance following an accident in the water
- The pool - we arrived at the pool on our first day at about 8.30 am and all loungers were reserved already although no one was actually on the loungers (guests 'reserve' their loungers simply by placing a towel on them). Outrageous! So because we were not keen on getting up at 6am to secure a lounger and on the principle that if you can't fight it, embrace it, we 'reserved' our loungers late the night before. In fact I saw some hotel staff 'reserving' the best loungers and cabanas for some guests every night so I suspect some underground business...
- The in-room breakfast. We ordered 2 continental breakfasts on one of the days and got 2 toasts and 4 mini pastries. It really was 1 portion so I complained and was sent up another basket. The bread and pastries were literally inedible - some of the worst I have ever had, if not the worst.
I was disappointed on several occasions which is a real shame but we saw many happy families so I guess some people are probably more tolerant that others. However if you want true luxury in every sense of the word - stick to Four Season or One & Only hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo