“Best Wedding Spot In Cabo!”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Best Wedding Spot In Cabo!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I came across the Hilton while trying to decide on a place to hold our wedding. Trust me when I say I called at least 50 places all over the place....not just Cabo. We wanted a place that was reasonable for our guests(we had 35) but had great food, service, and views. Boy did we pick the right place!!! Catherine, the wedding planner, called me the same night I e-mailed for information. Once we signed our contract we made arrangements to visit the Hilton in April( we were getting married in September) and meet with all the venders we had decided on. The April visit was AWESOME!!! The staff at the Hilton treated us like royalty the moment we arrived. The views were breathtaking and the staff was amazing! I encourage all Brides and Grooms to visit before their wedding. We got a great discount on the room rate and were able to scope the place out.
Now for the WEDDING review! Where do I even begin......everything was absolutely perfect!!! I would not change a thing! There were a few small "hickups" at the beginning but everything was straightened out quickly with the help of our awesome planners, Catherine and Cristina. The Hilton staff prepared everything the way I requested; from the cake to the flowers to the chair ties. I didn't have to worry about a thing! We had our family dinner Thursday night at Fencia, rehearsal dinner Saturday at El Meson, and our wedding on Sunday. The food at the Hilton is great and service could not be better. I could go on and on about how awesome the Hilton is for a wedding but you'd be reading for days!
We left the Hilton the day after our wedding to start our honeymoon without all the family and friends. We checked into a VERY NICE and EXPENSIVE hotel in San Lucas. 2 days into the honeymoon we missed the Hilton! I HIGHLY recommend the Hilton for Brides and Grooms! It was the best choice and there is nothing I would change about my entire wedding!
A BIG thank you to Catherine, Cristina, and everyone else at the Hilton that made our wedding everything I imagined...and more!

Room Tip: Get breakfast room service! We paid for 1 order and it was PLENTY for 2 people!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for such an amazing review, and especially for entrusting us with your most important of days. Our wedding services team is first-class and we appreciate your taking a moment to commend their tireless work. We could not be happier and more honored to have been part of such a special occasion and wish you the best on this new chapter of your life. We would love to have you both back on your anniversary!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a very special property, and is high-end for a Hilton. I'm way overdue to post a review as our stay was a few years ago, but we are craving a return trip and that reminded me to put up information about our experience here.

We have stayed all over the world, in all kinds of places, and found that Hilton Los Cabos was an amazing property, in a quiet location but conveniently located between San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. It's also 2 doors down from Las Ventanas so we enjoyed a golf cart ride over there one evening for sunset cocktails and dinner, which was incredible.

The service at this hotel was excellent, from the reception to concierge staff and dining staff. We loved our breakfast every day and my amazing Mexican hot cocoa was a highlight. Their coffee was also excellent which is not always the case at every hotel. (That's my husband's comment) The food at both casual and more formal restaurants was great, and the wine and spirits selection was pretty good (probably even better now). It really exceeded expectations and we were recommended here by friends who go every year and it was easy to see why.

Our room was lovely and had an open-air feel with a balcony overlooking the pool and beach, but without having to hear noise, which was exactly what we asked for. Housekeeping was great and I loved the bathtub. Nice fridge in the room and little details which made our stay even better.

We went to visit both SJDC and CSL and would definitely not go back to CSL but really loved the charm of San Jose Del Cabo. It felt much less touristy and more authentically Mexico.

Loved the swim-up sushi bar too, nice touch for the Angelinos who can't do without our sushi fix.

Overall it's a great value and it has the feel of an exclusive resort without the snootiness of one. Very impressed and cannot wait to go back. Soon. Thank you HLC!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your review - no matter how much time has passed since your visit! We are very excited that you are considering a second stay and would be honored to have you back. You made some excellent suggestions for future and returning guests looking to explore the area. We are so pleased that you enjoyed each aspect of your stay with us and that your vacation was all you had dreamt. We hope to have you back soon!
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

One of the great places we have visited in our life. Service was impeccable, the room overlooking the ocean was very clean and well appointed with a touch of local heritage. We could also see whales from our balcony. Location is between the 2 cities of San Jose and Cabo so a car rental is preferable + you will save on food as resort food, although excellent, can get up there in price for a familly!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. We could not be happier that you all so enjoyed your stay and that you would consider us among your favorite vacation destinations. We also appreciate your helpful tips to future and returning guests. We look forward to having you all back again.
Singapore
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. From arrival to departure the staff were so professional, friendly and helpful; the food available was varied and delicious; the pools were so so beautiful; the room was spotlessly clean and well kept throughout. I literally cannot think of anything I would change, even though it rained the first couple of days there were plenty of activities, shops, restaurants and the spa to keep you occupied. There was also a nice mix of guests, some families, some honeymooners, some singles - really great company. I hope to go back there soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FiChisholm
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to leave your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that the weather finally decided to cooperate! Our guests are one-of-a-kind and we are happy that you were able to meet some new people and perhaps even make a few friends. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Kentucky
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is the best. Location, food, pool, you can even swim in their lagoon which is a huge bonus. The staff are off the charts good and they go the extra mile on everything. Amazing place.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We could not be happier that you had such a fantastic stay with us and that you enjoyed each and every aspect of your visit. We hope to have you back.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I spent the second week of our honeymoon at the Hilton Los Cabos. The hotel has amazing views and two gorgeous pools along with phenomenal staff members. We were treated with the best service throughout our week. The hotel restaurants are tasty, and there are tons of hotels in the area to venture to for dinner as well. It was nice being between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas as we were able to enjoy both cities while vacationing. The only negative is that cabs are pricey each way (~$25 each way), so renting a car may be a better alternative. Overall this is a beautiful hotel with great restaurants and breathtaking views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Juliann W
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and congratulations on your wedding! We are so honored that you would choose to spend a portion of your time with us during this milestone. We take a great deal of pride in our food and beverage offerings and it is nice to hear that you so enjoyed each of your on-site meals. Your tip on renting a car is an excellent one and we are sure that future and returning guests will greatly appreciate the heads up. Congratulations again on your marriage and we look forward to having you back.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Even though I've stayed in what seems like 1,000 hotels (at least I've seen that many for sure) This is my first try at officially reviewing so bare with me.

Let's start with aesthetics, the hotel is a complete stunner. Inside and out it's is well manicured and maintained, the grounds, the pools, the rooms, restaurants are meticulously cared for. You could never tell around the pool area that it was full or that anyone had been there because the moment a drink was finished it was picked up and cleaned up, the moment a towel had run its course they would substitute it for you with a fresh clean one, etc.

I think this hotel shines most with it's service (CLOSE second is the food.....I'll get to that), I was there with a big group for work and the same staff basically got to work the events that were at the hotel so they remembered names, what liquor we preferred in our drinks, where we liked to sit at the restaurants even how we liked our food prepared. Something can be said for not going all inclusive because the service is that much more attentive than those where the tip has already been included in your rate. They even managed to serve us room service at the pool during our midnight swim to quench our thirst for more margaritas!

As I previously mentioned, the food is VERY much a highlight of this place.
The carne asada tacos at La Barca were AMAZING.
The ceviche I had for lunch at El Meson was TO DIE FOR
I don't think I had a single bad dish at any of our meals, even the usual scary breakfast buffet was diverse and flavorful.

Few more notes:
*Elevators are located all over the property, never out of reach of one and you don't have to walk to one end of the building to catch it
*There were always plenty of chairs pool side and if there wasn't one the staff was always so attentive enough to notice and offer to bring one over to us
*The gym is basic but it meets the needs of most people looking for just a quick workout on vacation, few treadmills, few elypticals and some light free weights
*Business center is nice
*WiFi is available throughout the ENTIRE property, they have like 10 networks, we got service even during an event we had at the beach
*The hotel shares a cove with the Melia next door and it provides a little bit of a chance to swim in the ocean but do so at your own risk. The undertow if you're not used to the ocean will grab you and twirl you under the water. We went to the "swimmable" beaches on a snorkel tour down the corridor and even there the town was noticeable
*The key cards are VERY sensitive, do not place them next to anything magnetic or close to any of your electronics, I had to get my key reset a few times cause I'm an idiot
*Pool is absolutely awesome, great place to hang out and drink all day. Enjoyed it a lot
*The regular rooms are really really spacious and the bathrooms are incredible. Offer both the shower and bath option, his/her sinks a spacious balcony and as close to a heavenly bed as possible in Mexico. Most importantly, unlike a lot of hotels located in tropical destinations, they do a really good job of keeping the condensation out of the rooms so you don't get the moldy smell in the room

In summary, while this hotel likely struggles because people prefer the all inclusive option (as I most often do) and while the common perception is that Mexico is cheap, this hotel is certianly not that. The food and drinks are very expensive but I would go back in a heart beat and be more than happy to spend my hard earned dollars at this hotel. Sometimes, you just have to pay for the service and the experience and this hotel offers that.

Room Tip: If you want the action, chose the rooms in the wing directly above the lobby as this provides easier...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mauricio B
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your excellent review. A great review for a “first-timer”! You all must be greatly appreciated at work for them to bring you on such an excellent excursion. Keep it up. We are so happy that you had such a great time. Our team derives a lot of pride from what they do and it simply shines through in every aspect of service. Thank you again for the fantastic review and we hope to have you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
#13 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#8 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!