“Superb Service Above All”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Denver, Colorado
“Superb Service Above All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

First class all of the way- I am a Hilton Diamond member and I have had the luxury of staying at Hilton's finests and worst hotels... Many hotels will simply accomodate guests while there are a select few that truly serve their guests. The Hilton Los Cabos, Mexico is truly at the Pinnacle of what customer service should be. This is hotel is operating at the highest standards and it shows. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the concierge whom had all of our documents and room keys ready to go. Every time that we encountered an employee we were greeted with a smile and asked "how can we help you". Furthermore, if I asked a staff member where something was located, I would be cheerfully escorted by a staff member to said location. Many other hotels (when prompted with the same question) would simply tell you where to go or provide you with a site map hopefully leading you to your location.

Where other hotels might "good" service the Hilton Los Cobos provides "outstanding" service. Within the past year I have stayed at a number of Hiltons finest properties including:

Los Cabos (Mexico)
Hilton (Barbados)
Conrad Koh Samui (Thailand)
Capital Hilton (Wash DC)
Grand Wailea (Hawaii)

I would have to say that the Hilton Los Cabos Mexico far surpassed all of these other resorts in reference to the level of service received. This hotels management and staff should be commended for making the Hilton Los Cabos number 1 for service.

The property is beautiful and I did not feel like the photographs on www.hhonors.com represented the true beaty of this resort. If you stay here you will not be dissapointed. They definitly exceeded my expectations. We definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: I would advise a room on a high floor facing the ocean. There are alot of beach Weddings at this re...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Steve G
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for this remarkable review and for being a Hilton Diamond member. It is an honor to have such a loyal Hilton guest stay with us, and it’s an absolute thrill that we met or even exceeded your expectations. You really have visited some fabulous properties this last year, all with excellent service records, so we’re very pleased to have been your favorite in service. We hope your next visit is not too far off. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed on the timeshare side, but we used the facilities on the hotel side too. Service is wonderful, the concierge is extremely helpful, and this is a beautiful property. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank EydneW
Thank you for this short and sweet review. We’re so happy you enjoyed it and appreciate the recommendation!
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was an awesome resort with great service and amenities. The kids club was free for guests, and the hotel was family friendly. The food was very good and relatively inexpensive for a Hilton. The service at the restaurants and pools was great. I recommend renting a car in Cabo because taxi service to and from downtown will run you more than a rental. My only complaint about the Hilton was that there were many mistakes that had to be corrected on my bill at checkout. SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS for room charges and give yourself plenty of time to review the bill. My bill was adjusted and then when I got home my credit card statement was different than my checkout folio. I had to fight the charges through my credit card company. I eventually won the dispute, but this was a major stress!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank LaurenHouston_TX
Thank you for your review. I’m very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. You’re right that renting a car can be a great way to see the area without worrying about taxis, especially if you plan to travel off-resort often. I’m very sorry to hear of your billing troubles and that you had to report a dispute with your credit card company. Clear and accurate billing is very important to us. We would appreciate an opportunity to learn more about this situation so that we can ascertain the cause of the disputed charges. If you would be willing, please e-mail Enjoy.LosCabos@hilton.com and provide us with details of the dispute. Thank you again for your review. We will hope to hear from you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at this property for 2 weeks in april after a busy week in Mexico City. What a paradise. Besides the fact that this property is completely geared towards US guests, we were the only Europeans, and prices might be high in comparison with Mexican prices, we had an amazing time. Service is great, staff was great, besides the reception desk; they need a customer service training as I had 3 arguments with them. When we arrived we were given an upgrade (not!) but we didn't care actually. Room needed to be changed as the balcanony was missing a steel bar and my 3 year old could drop 1 feet, but after we changed everything was fine. We are Hilton gold members an that was acknowledged, but jut barely.
Pool areas are very good, the guests are weird as they get up at 5 in the morning to claim lounge chairs with towels ????. Anyway, there is always space so we just slept in. Infinity pool provides for gret scenery and during whale season you can probably watch these from your sun chair. We took a 60 feet catamaran which I ould recommend. Restaurants are good, and kids eat free with paying adults. Wines are ridiculouly expensive, but compared to Dutch prices still fine. Property is well kept, wireless is free for HH Gold, and the deli has nice sandwiches. Los Cabos and San Jose are not worth a visit but if you have a rental car (which I would advise) you can make some nice trips. The hotel has a kid entertainment facility and the beach is very good. All in all, definitely worth a visit and one o the est properties we have ever been to.

One serious drawback: the rooms are incredibly noizy!!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid noise from the upstairs ' neighbours '
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LorJaz2011
Thank you for your detailed review. What a treat to get away to the splendid coast after a busy week in Mexico City. We’re miles apart both literally and figuratively. Terrific choice with the catamaran sailing excursion. That’s one of my favorites. It’s truly the perfect way to experience the beauty of Los Cabos and the Sea of Cortes. I'm sorry that you found your room to be noisy, as that is not the experience we want our guests to have and enjoy. We are hoping to learn more about this. If you would be willing, please e-mail us at Enjoy.LosCabos@Hilton.com with more information about the noise level in your room. Thank you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I traveled over Memorial Day weekend and we were floored by how great this place is. The service is the best I have witnessed as they treat you like a VIP ( and we are not VIP :) ). The food is excellent and, while expensive, is worth the price.

We would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. Every guest is a VIP in our eyes, which is why we’re so committed to friendly, pro-active service for every guest. I’m glad that we played a part in a wonderful Memorial Day weekend getaway. Please do visit again.
Tucson Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have to admit that I was skeptical of the great reviews of this hotel before we stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. I have stayed in many beach front resorts and it is tough to keep them clean and bright looking after the first year of operation. Hilton Los Cabos could be the best exception to this I have ever experienced. Beautiful, clean rooms, lovely helpful staff. The food at all of the resort restaurants was fresh, flavorful and beautifully prepared. The spa experience for both my husband and I was above the normal hotel spa, both in size of the facility and professional level of staff. My husband went deep sea fishing and brought the fish back to the hotel, the chef prepared them exactly as my husband requested and with delicious side dished. Truly a memorable lunch. We are not big Mexico travelers but would consider a return trip this fabulous destination resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Laserglo
Thank you. It’s always a special thrill to hear when experienced travelers find reason to give our resort a special shout out. I’m glad you found resort both beautiful and clean. The cleanliness and maintenance of our property and hugely important to us, because it all comes back to providing a wonderful experience for every guest. Congratulations on your husband’s catch. I’m glad you enjoyed lunch. We hope to see you again. Thanks.
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

This Hilton was excellent in all respects. The service, pool, beach and room were perfect. The only drawback is the early morning wakeup time to reserve deck chairs by the pool (you should get up at 7 AM to place personal items on the chairs to reserve them). There were wonderful extra touches like sweet frozen grapes distributed poolside in the afternoon; Five dollar poolside chair massages, etc.

Room Tip: Poolside patio room or oceanfront are nice!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay, including all the “extra touches.” A little something special to enjoy every day makes each stay so much more memorable. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#9 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,637 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#11 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,988 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!