“Perfect honeymoon stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Greenville, South Carolina
“Perfect honeymoon stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

First off, I am a Diamond member and have stayed at my fair share of hotels and this is my first review because it was that good. My wife and I stayed at this resort for our honeymoon and we were treated like royalty. We loved everything about the resort! I can’t get over how pleasant every one of the hotel staff members was. They truly enjoy what they do and you can tell by all the smiles, greetings, and exceptional service.

We were welcomed with margaritas at check in and upon arrival to the room we were surprised to find balloons and a “Happy Honeymoon” greeting on the bed, along with some assorted chocolates and fruits. The rooms have beautiful views overlooking the resort and ocean. The room was very clean and the bathroom was large. The food was excellent and we didn’t think the price was that unreasonable for a resort. My wife and I enjoyed the swim up bars for lunch and for refilling our margaritas. The drink prices seemed a little pricey but after traveling to downtown cabo I found the prices to be about the same.

The staff truly makes this place exceptional. I will recommend this Hotel to everyone and anyone traveling to Cabo. My wife and I enjoy traveling to new places but this resort was so nice we are already thinking about going back for our 1 year anniversary.

Tips:
Room service was fast and delicious. We had a couple dinners on our balcony overlooking the ocean.

The popular pool side chairs do get claimed early. There are plenty of chairs available but if you’re picky about pool side chair selection get up early tand reserve a spot.

Utilize the concierge to book excursions and dinner reservations. They are very helpful and recommended some great places for us.

Taxi's traveling into downtown Cabo cost around $20-$30 each way. We found that taking the city buses was much more cost efficient. It was $2/pp each way. Yes the buses are older and not in the best shape but we used them over a dozen times and didn’t feel unsafe at all.

Dine at the Fenicia restaurant and try to get a table next to the infinity pool.

Happy Hour from 5-6 every evening at LaVista bar for half off drinks and free appetizers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MIchael C
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Firstly congratulations on this milestone! We would also like to thank you for your excellent review. It is truly our pleasure to celebrate these moments in our guests’ lives, and we strive to be an integral part of helping you to create amazing life-long memories. We could not be more pleased that you both enjoyed your honeymoon with us and we hope to have you back for your anniversary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

First time in Cabo and had an absolute blast. The hotel was great with beautiful views of both land and sea. We ventured out into the city for meals and activities but the food choices on the grounds were great. Get up early to get a good pool spot and make sure to tip everyone (maids, servers, staff). Looking forward to going back soon. Public transportation located right outside the grounds was easy, safe, clean, and cheap.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave your review. It sounds as though you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we could not be more pleased. We look forward to your second stay.
El Segundo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos over Memorial Day weekend and it was nothing short of amazing. First, the welcome... The guest services desk was incredibly polite and helpful... and we received two welcome pomegranate margaritas - amazing way to start a vacation! Second, the room was big, clean and bright. We loved our room... the bathroom was huge, too! There was a huge tub, enormous shower and brightly lit sink. Third, the food at the resort was A-MAZING! We ate at El Meson and poolside from the bar and everything we ate, we loved. The guacamole was to die for and their margaritas were divine.

We would absolutely stay here again.

A few things to watch out for:
- The chairs by the pool are claimed VERY early. I didn't really believe the previous posts about this fact, but I saw it for myself... By breakfast time, all the lounge chairs have towels "claiming" their seats
- I didn't think the food was outrageously priced, but I'm from LA... and I thought the prices were reasonable... Example, dinner for two at El Meson with two margaritas cost us $50US, with tip
- Take the Los Cabos shuttle if you can to and from the airport... it'll save you a lot of money... $15 each way/person

Room Tip: Ask for rooms higher than the 4th floor for a beautiful and unobstructed ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank cxguti
We appreciate you taking the time to write this great review. From the spacious suites to the awesome cuisine, it pleases us to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much! Thank you for all the helpful tips shared for our future guests also. We will be happy to have you back anytime!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I love to travel and have been all over the world, but have never taken the time to submit a review...until now...this hotel is absolutely the best place I have ever stayed, and for all of the right reasons. We were there for a week and every element was perfect, from the top notch customer service to the delicious food. Every day my husband and I said we would leave the resort to see the surrounding area, and every day we found reasons not to go; finally one day we left and after an hour we couldn't get back to the Hilton fast enough.

I was 6 months pregnant and everyone - I mean every employee I came across - went out of their way to ensure my husband and I had a great visit. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated (loved the bathroom). The pool was great for relaxing all day either in the sun or one of the many shaded areas, and Jorge the pool concierge made sure we never lacked anything we might need, including warm towels fresh out of the dryer to ward off the chill while watching the sunset. The food - wow - we are food snobs and were never disappointed, especially since the staff were so willing to accommodate any food craving I had (including creating desserts for me!). One night we splurged for dinner on the beach and though my husband balked at the cost, even he agreed that the experience was unforgettable. The spa was also well worth the price of service.

One of the first days there, we met a couple who return every year...at first we couldn't fathom spending every vacation in the same place...but by the end of our trip, we understood it and we will definitely go back. STAY AT THIS HOTEL - you won't regret it. MY only regret is that I didn't write this review sooner, and didn't get to personally thank everyone at the hotel who went out of their way to give us a fabulous vacation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heathervanessa
We are honored that your first time writing a hotel review was about our resort. That says a lot in itself. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.We are glad we could help make your stay a little more comfortable especially with your being with child. Our amazing staff is always willing to accommodate you as our guests so you will have a memorable and stress-free stay. We appreciate the recommendation and hope you will return for a family vacation after your little one has arrived!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

What a wonderful resort! From the moment you arrive and are greated with a welcome margarita, the service and the hotel are amazing. The staff happily go about their jobs making you feel pampered. The rooms and views are wonderful as well as the pool. In the late afternoon, they bring around popsicles to cool you off from the sun. All around, this was the nicest vacation and I'd like to thank the staff at the Hilton for their exceptional service.

Room Tip: The direct oceanfront rooms on the left side if you are looking from the beach have great views and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Athena07
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are happy to have met your expectations from beginning to end!
st. louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf resort in May 2012. The reason why we stayed at the Hilton was because my husband attended a conference being held there and I tagged along for a little R&R. Upon arrival, check in was a breeze and we were greeted with tasty margaritas! We were up in our room within minutes.

The room was clean and spacious. Beds were very comfortable (probably one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on in a hotel). Our room had a large whirlpool tub, walk in shower, and sliding glass doors that opened up to our balcony that was appointed with a table and chairs. One nice touch is that all the rooms at the Hilton have an ocean view so I can't imagine that you can go wrong with any room you stay in.

We ate in all of the restaurants and all were delicious! The poolside italian restaurant was by far the best in my opinion and the open casual restaurant by the pool has delicious fish tacos, a must try! The breakfast buffet was eh, ok at best. Not sure that it is worth they hype or the money.

The best part of the resort in my opinion is the pool. It is a large infinity pool that overlooks the beach. You do have to get out early if you want a lounge chair in a prime location but otherwise there was always chairs available somewhere along the pool. Staff will wait on you poolside and you can order any drink or meal from the casual restaurant by the pool (Madera). The surf was really rough while we were there so we never got into the ocean. Someone attending the conference actually broke bones in the rough waves so be careful!!!

We ventured out to Cabo San Lucas for a few hours. We took the bus, quite easy and a lot less expensive than a cab. If I remember correctly it was approx. $5 US per couple and you arrive in 15 min. The bus drops you off in downtown Cabo right down the street from the marina and flea market. The marina is a great place to visit. Boats docked in the marina and lot's of restaurants, shops, and bars that border. There is also a big indoor mall and movie theatre. One thing that is a must do is to take a water taxi over to El Arco, lovers beach, and divorce beach. It is relatively inexpensive and a great view. We ran out of time and never made it to San Jose Del Cabo, maybe next trip! Also, we ventured over to the Las Ventanas resort. It is in the same complex and if you let the concierge know you are going over for dinner they will drive you over in a golf cart. Las Ventanas is a breathtaking resort and although it may be a little to expensive to stay for the night, you can stay for a while for lunch, dinner, or just a drink.

All in all a great place to stay. The property is beautiful, food is great, rooms are clean and nice, and the service is top notch! I can't imagine you could be dissapointed after staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ncarolyn
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about our hotel. We love receiving great feedback from guests and knowing that you had a fabulous stay makes us feel even better. Our staff really help to create the experience by working hard to keep it impeccably clean and provide the personable service needed for our guests looking to get away or relax.

Even if you were going along with your husband for his work function, you still have the right to enjoy “paradise” and he does too. We are happy that his company chose Hilton and that he got to bring you along. We would be honored to have you back!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

After staying almost a week here I can say that you will not be disappointed. You do pay for what you get and the food and drinks are pricey for Mexico, but they are all excellent too. All the food I had was very good and the drinks were equally as good. Service is outstanding here and they usually had two or three people checking on me when I ate and they were always very friendly. Drink service at the pool was the same and I never waited long for any drinks or any service requested. The view of the ocean is great and the balconies are perfect for having a drink and watching the ocean role into the beach. I would not hesitate to stay here again. From the moment I arrived someone grab my bag to take to my room and when I left they were equally helpful. You will probably ant to stay longer.

Tips:

There are two pools with two swim up bars. The main pool (located in the middle of the resort) tends to have more people.The other pool is near the fitness center (on the side of the resort) and usually have less people.

The breakfast buffet is pricey (about $30-35), but very good. If you are hungry and want to try a very good breakfast this would be a great meal that lasted me until dinner.

Yoga on the beach is free and a great way to spend an early morning. It's held a once or twice per week. Check at the fitness center.

The tennis courts are very nice and have a sand surface on top of an artificial top. This is located off the side in the front. I did not know about them until a few days.

You may get hassled a little if you go pass the ropes to the beach, but generally there are only a half dozen or so vendors and not too bad.

If you swim the current is strong and so are the waves so best to swim with someone else and/or be a good swimmer.

Taxis to and from the airport can be expensive ($65 from the airport and $30 to). You can get a shuttle for $10-15 and it take only a little longer (maybe 15-30 minutes).

If you buy mixed drinks get the large refillable plastic container. It costs more, but if you buy a couple it will save you money in the long run. The drinks are very good so you'll likely buy a couple or more.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view because it's worth it. Also, the side near the fitness center is a little quie...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Tripletravel
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for such a detailed review of your stay and for the lovely recommendations! I know our summer travelers will find your tips very helpful for their upcoming trips, and we always love to hear our guests share their take on the best way to experience Los Cabos and our resort. We hope to have you back with us soon. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,310 reviews
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#5 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,696 reviews

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!