...there a few things you should be aware of if you stay here, which may or may not be issues for you, but they were for us:
--The Hilton Los Cabos is about 10-12 miles outside of Cabo San Lucas.This is a plus in that you get a stunningly beautiful, walkable beach that is rarely crowded and a quiet, relaxing surrounding area. It's a problem if you like to party, eat out, and generally prefer a more exciting vacation, as you must either hire an expensive taxi to transport you to town or take the local bus -- which is economical at 17 pesos a ride, but does take longer because of stops, requires crossing a busy street from the hotel, and may not be convenient if you stay out late. Yes, you can rent a car which solves some of these issues, but rentals are expensive and parking in Cabo San Lucas can be difficult and very spendy as well, judging from what I heard from other hotel guests who had rentals.
--Food is an issue.Even with the 20% discount they give time-share guests, the food and drinks at the Hilton Los Cabos in all bars, restaurants, and the Deli are exhorbitantly priced ($14 for a quesadilla!). If like us you are staying in a unit with a partial kitchen (no oven, but there is a stove, microwave, and fridge), you can stock up on eats and alcohol at Wal-Mart, Costco, or Mega and feed yourself, then take a bus or taxi downtown when you prefer to eat out--which is a hassle when you're tired and hungry and just want to tuck into some local fish tacos.
Otherwise, this hotel is absolutely beautiful, with lush, immaculate grounds, beautiful pools and jacuzzis (especially the infinity pool--a picture-perfect spot for vacation bliss) and exceptional service. Rooms are simply but elegantly decorated, beds are extremely comfortable, and maid service is exemplary--they'll drag and position your chairs on the beach, serve you poolside, and even promptly bring you an extra blanket late at night--anything you ask. The concierge is helpful, most of the staff speaks at least some English and were even kind enough to help me practice my very poor Spanish.This resort does seem to host quite a few private events and parties, but it in no way affected our stay save for an evening closure of the smaller pool area on the first day we were there.
While we did stay in the time-share section of this resort, our experience was virtually seamless with that of hotel guests I spoke with at the resort, as all amenities are available to all guests regardless of which "side" they're staying in. Again, I in no way want to diminish the quality of this resort, but be clear on the kind of vacation you want before you book here...almost all activities, shopping, and local restaurants are a 20-30 minute bus ride or expensive taxi away if you opt not to rent a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo