I used Tripadvisor a lot in planning our trip. Rather than list all of the excellent points, I will try to stick with the highlights along with any negatives (really, there were few).
We stayed Mar 15-24 with 2 children. We felt very safe at the hotel and in Los Cabos. All of the comments re: how beautiful the hotel/beach are, are correct. We had a King Premier Suite (one bedroom, plus very large sitting room - put cots in there for kids, there was a large sofa plus dining room table and there was still a lot of room to move around). Had 2 bathrooms and they were huge. More storage/closets than we could use.
We stayed in the building by the smaller pool (I think this is the timeshare portion) on the 2nd floor (2011). At first I was disappointed that we did not have a higher floor as I know that gives a better view. The hotel offered to move us once a room was free (3 days later). After a day I told them that we were happy to stay. First, the room opened up onto a green space where my kids could pass a ball around. Second, we liked the smaller pool much better - quieter, loungers easier to access, service was excellent, plus it is right beside the fitness centre, parking lot close and easy to get to the beach. We had no noise concerns, the housekeeping was great, the staff is excellent, concierge responsive. Really, this hotel is excellent.
We did experience a problem with lunch one day - it was minor - but the manager called and took the lunch off the bill. Very good customer relations.
I took the kids horseback riding on the beach. The stand is right on the beach in front of the hotel. I didn't negotiate (it was early in the trip and I wasn't prepared!) $120 plus a tip. Was ok but I wouldn't have done it if the kids weren't interested. My husband took the kids on a zipline tour with Cabo Adventures - it was a highlight and he felt very safe with them. We rented a glass bottom boat one day (3 hours - $1800 pesos) and chased whales/went past the Arch - again - felt very safe.
We rented a car from Antonio at Cactus (Tripadvisor recommendation). He made it very easy and I highly recommend using him. You email for the reservation, he has someone waiting outside the airport for you and then they take you in a shuttle two minutes away to get the car. Good prices and he was very fair to deal with. One thing I was grateful for was his very explicit instructions to ignore the people inside the airport who descend upon you once you get through customs. They will tell you anything to get you to do a time share presentation. One guy almost had me convinced he was with Cactus and I had to get on his shuttle - I'm glad Antonio told me to ignore these guys and just keep going until we saw a sign with our name. Based on Tripadvisor stories, we could have been on our way to a time share and lost 3 hours!
No problems driving anywhere - we went between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose with ease. Concierge helps with directions. Never felt uncomfortable walking at night with our kids.
Had a phenomenal dinner at Agua at The One and Only Palmilla - it was $500 but worth it. Ate at La Golondrina - it is very pretty and maybe a bit touristy but we enjoyed it (not hokey like the fiesta parties at other places. Los Tres Gallos was very authentic and the staff were lovely. La Dolce (San Jose) was good. Don Sanchos (San Jose) - ok. Ate once at hotel - Fenecia - was good. The one disappointing dinner was Sunset da Mona Lisa. The view was the most beautiful I have ever seen at a restaurant, but our server was sullen and the dinner took 3 hours. Both of my kids fell asleep. Probably shouldn't have taken them.
I was very pleased with the hotel and with Cabo - would return to both in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo