“Delicious, freshly prepared falafel”
Review of Al Falafel

Al Falafel
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: We offer exquisite dishes of the Arab-Mediterranean cuisine, our concept also includes local food. In Al Falafel we prepare multicultural, nutritious and delicious food based in high quality ingredients, under the Fast food concept but fresh and healthy.
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, freshly prepared, well served falafel and very nice staff that will serve you with a smile, specially Nancy. Prices are very reasonable (at $6 usd per falafel sandwich) and they have a great variety of meals, fresh water and desserts to offer, all complemented with a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

1  Thank jctable

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This review is somewhat biased because the only business I would ever think of starting in San Jose del Cabo is a Greek restaurant, and she did it and does it wonderfully. This is her dream business, and I can see that, because I share her dream.
I went on a Friday afternoon around 2PM for a falafel sandwich. There was no one eating except me, which is usually a bad sign, but the retreat of this place made it worth the risk of so-so food.

The sandwich was better than most falafel I've had. It's five thick falafel patties per sandwich on a a fresh pita bread. You have the choice of a series of vegetables, and from a dietitian's point of view, a VERY healthy selection: julienned carrots, jicama, radish, romaine lettuce, tomato, onions, the list goes on and on. She carefully pointed out the medium, hot and so-called-mexican-hot salsas to me along with her line-up of taziki, garlic sauce or hot sauce.

I made the mistake of asking if the owner is Greek, to which she nicely replied that she is the owner, from Chihuahua originally. The shop sells a variety of cute, unique find souvenirs in her shop as well.

In all fairness to fellow tourists, she encouraged me to write a review on Trip Advisor. I would only write this if I felt she runs an honest business, though.

1  Thank visamix
Reviewed May 7, 2013

All in all , the food was pretty awesome. I am from the middle east and they've done a pretty decent job making it feel and taste authentic. The hummus was decent and the salads tasted fresh and healthy. I was not a big fan of the baba ghanoush, but it was not bad enough to sour the experience. The owner is friendly and the place is clean and welcoming. The atmosphere makes you feel like your eating at family eatery... we moved it.

2  Thank Hana A
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As we were wondering in beautiful San Jose, I spotted this restaurant, I'm a fan of middle eastern food, so we had lunch there and we were very pleased with the food and ambiance, the owner is there and she is very kind and attentive. Glad we "found" it!

2  Thank karla014
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Delicious, healthy food. My husband and I each ordered a combination plate. This is highly recommended if you cannot decide between all of the great dishes on the menu. The portion is very satisfying and you get to sample several different options.

2  Thank Jay M