“great breakfast, killer ice cream”
Review of CJ's New York Deli

CJ's New York Deli
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: CJ'S is the only restaurant of it's kind in San Jose Del Cabo. We serve Great Deli and Hot Sandwiches like Reubens, Philly Cheese and French Dips.We have Salads, Burgers, Soups. All of our Salad Dressings, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Pickles, Soups and Sauces are homemade. During High Season (Nov 1 to April 15) we are open for Dinners. We have FREE WiFi and calls to the US and Canada for customers
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Solid breakfast. A bit slow because of a giant party ahead of us.
Had to try the ice cream and it was out of this world. Going back
for lunch next.

cjscourtyarddeli, Owner at CJ's New York Deli, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

I am sorry you had to wait for your food.......I hope it was worth it. When we have a large group like that it does slow down the kitchen. I try to put smaller orders in first before the large order if they come in at the same time or close to the same time, but if the large order has already been started then it is out of my hands....sorry. I am glad you plan on coming back. We will take good care of you when you do.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had a tasty Eggs Benedict with plenty of food. Eggs were hot, sausages (on the side) were delicious, and the potatoes were great. Partner had the burrito and he was very happy with it. This was a good breakfast and we would go back.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of my restaurant. The Eggs Benedict and Burrito are two of our best sellers, and it pleases me to hear that you liked your breakfast and that you would return.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

After some searching, we found CJ's and had a great meal. It was actually tough to decide what to have, as the menu has great options of typical deli favorites and not so typical burger combinations.
I had to have the Rueben and was not dissappointed. My daughter and husband both enjoyed their food as well. Unfortunately, we did not save room for their home made ice cream. next time for sure!

Thank you for your review. You are not the only ones who have trouble choosing. My menu is quite extensive and has so many of the favorites from home that it is difficult to choose. I just tell everyone that they will have to come back and try something different next time. I actually have people who are making their way through the menu. Maybe next time you will have room for the ice cream.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My spouse and I had breakfast at CJ'S this morning and were horribly disappointed with the food. We had corned beef hash and eggs......which we have had a several other restaurants and loved. This was very bad food. About a month ago we were in New York City eating at a deli and I can assure you CJ'S is nothing like the food in a real New York deli. Skip this restaurant.......there are many fantastic restaurants to eat at in San Jose del Cabo.

2  Thank jvmurph
cjscourtyarddeli, Owner at CJ's New York Deli, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, however, in this case I feel the need to respectfully defend my position. I think what some people fail to remember is that we are in Mexico and not New York. I am no Carnegie or Katz Deli, for sure, and are there other places to eat in San Jose…..Absolutely……but, none of them serve the food I do, so the comparison is not entirely fair. Doing business in Mexico has its own set of challenges, and the things that you take for granted in the US or Canada are not necessarily a given here, especially when your food is not readily available. I am sorry you were disappointed with my food. I know it is impossible to please everyone, but I do try.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Cute little restaurant downstairs from the Marisol Boutique Hotel, had eggs Benedict and mimosa with fresh oj both where wonderful. The deli sandwiches are great but huge next time we will share. Can't wait to try a burger the next time. Everything is homemade by the owner and prices are very reasonable. I would so recommend this place. Loved it!

2  Thank cab0deb

Thank you for the excellent review. We do squeeze our own orange juice daily and it makes for yummmy Mimosas. We do give a lot of food and we have many people who share sandwiches. We even spit the plates for you, so you don't have to do it.