“great dolphin experience”

Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in paradise! With a range of programs for all ages, we offer family-friendly adventures with dolphins that you will never forget.
Saint James City, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great dolphin experience”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We did the Ride and Swim. It was a lot of fun, although the marina water isn't the greatest. I was glad there were rinse off showers. But, Shelley and her baby were fun. To have a dolphin push you by your foot while lying on a boogie board was great. And, lying on a dolphin stomach, holding the fins while it swims upsidedown (on top of the water) was very cool. The trainer was very good. The photos,as others have mentioned, were outrageous ($125 for two of us, more than the cost of the dolphin experience for one person, more than our hotel discounted price for both of us!) and we had to wait about an hour for them to be ready. But we bought them as how many times will we do this?

Definitely recommend but if you have someone with a telephoto lens, they can probably do pretty well, although the angle won't be the best.

Visited November 2013
DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi! We are happy to hear from you, thank you for taking time to comment, we really appreciate it. We want that all our guest to have the best experience, so we are glad to know that you had a great dolphin experience. We hope you come back soon for another fun experience!

Evanston, Illinois, United States
“Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went swimming with one of the dolphin's named Shelly. It was a beautiful experience that seriously made me feel happy and giddy like I was a child again. You get to perform several behaviors including: kiss the dolphin, hug the dolphin, hand target, dance with the dolphin, foot push and flipper tow. Our instructor, Pilar, was so good at explaining the commands to us and also informing us about all things dolphin. From their anatomy to their behaviors. We asked a ton of questions and she answered all of them. Pilar was also very friendly and humorous. She made it a point to remember everyone's name in our large group of 7. This was definitely an experience that created memories that will last a lifetime for me.

Visited November 2013
DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hi! We are glad to know that you had a beautiful experience. All our staff efforts every day to provide to all our guest the best experience. Thanks for your comment, we really appreciate it. We hope you come back soon for anoter great experience!
Orangevale, California
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Amazing experience! Pictures were stupid expensive.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I wish I could remember my instructors name because she was fantastic! She made the experience so great. Our dolphin's name was Shelly and she had a baby that swam along with her. It was adorable. But we weren't allowed to touch the baby :( my family and I did the swim and ride and we had a great time. When we went to get our pictures at the end it was something like 150 bucks for all the pictures on the CD for the 4 of us. It was so stupid. I straight up told the guy it was a rip off. Blank cd's cost like 25 cents and they rip you off so badly. He laughed and offered to print two pictures for me for free to make up for it. Yeah, no. Doesn't make up for how stupid expensive it was. So just be prepared for that extra price if you want to take pictures back home with you. If a member of your party does NOT want to participate, they have a viewing area and they can take pictures for you from there. It's right next to the pool. I wish I had known that before we got there. The free transportation from your hotel is a major plus. I was staying at the Villa la Estancia and they picked my family up and drove us there for free.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ohheytherejessica
Hi! We are happy to know that you had a great experience with dolphins and our staff. Our photo service is 100 % profesional and as all profesional service has a different cost, this is in order to offer the best service to our customers, but always is the posibility to take your own pictures from viewing area. Thank you for taking the time to comment, we really appreciate it.
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome !!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time. Angel was our instructor and he was so entertaining. The dolphins were great too. We were with Titan the dolphin. I did the dolphin swim and ride and it was worth the $140. I could be with the dolphins all day long. Make sure to bring a towel and enjoy your time there.

Portland, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I went swimming with the dolphins 10/12/13. What an amazing experience. There are 3 packages that you can choose, We did the Dolphin Swim and Ride. There were several experiences and hands on with the dolphins including a belly ride and a boogie board push. The dolphin we were in the water with had a 4 month old baby with her. The experience was very educational too! Our trainer was very detailed and explained many things to us. I loved dolphins before this but this experience makes you appreciate them more! This is a must do if you are at all thinking about. The only down side is the price of the pictures they offer you! Be prepared for that if you want pictures to take home!

Visited October 2013