“Unforgettable Experience”

Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in paradise! With a range of programs for all ages, we offer family-friendly adventures with dolphins that you will never forget.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went swimming with one of the dolphin's named Shelly. It was a beautiful experience that seriously made me feel happy and giddy like I was a child again. You get to perform several behaviors including: kiss the dolphin, hug the dolphin, hand target, dance with the dolphin, foot push and flipper tow. Our instructor, Pilar, was so good at explaining the commands to us and also informing us about all things dolphin. From their anatomy to their behaviors. We asked a ton of questions and she answered all of them. Pilar was also very friendly and humorous. She made it a point to remember everyone's name in our large group of 7. This was definitely an experience that created memories that will last a lifetime for me.

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi! We are glad to know that you had a beautiful experience. All our staff efforts every day to provide to all our guest the best experience. Thanks for your comment, we really appreciate it. We hope you come back soon for anoter great experience!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I wish I could remember my instructors name because she was fantastic! She made the experience so great. Our dolphin's name was Shelly and she had a baby that swam along with her. It was adorable. But we weren't allowed to touch the baby :( my family and I did the swim and ride and we had a great time. When we went to get our pictures at the end it was something like 150 bucks for all the pictures on the CD for the 4 of us. It was so stupid. I straight up told the guy it was a rip off. Blank cd's cost like 25 cents and they rip you off so badly. He laughed and offered to print two pictures for me for free to make up for it. Yeah, no. Doesn't make up for how stupid expensive it was. So just be prepared for that extra price if you want to take pictures back home with you. If a member of your party does NOT want to participate, they have a viewing area and they can take pictures for you from there. It's right next to the pool. I wish I had known that before we got there. The free transportation from your hotel is a major plus. I was staying at the Villa la Estancia and they picked my family up and drove us there for free.

1  Thank ohheytherejessica

Hi! We are happy to know that you had a great experience with dolphins and our staff. Our photo service is 100 % profesional and as all profesional service has a different cost, this is in order to offer the best service to our customers, but always is the posibility to take your own pictures from viewing area. Thank you for taking the time to comment, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time. Angel was our instructor and he was so entertaining. The dolphins were great too. We were with Titan the dolphin. I did the dolphin swim and ride and it was worth the $140. I could be with the dolphins all day long. Make sure to bring a towel and enjoy your time there.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I went swimming with the dolphins 10/12/13. What an amazing experience. There are 3 packages that you can choose, We did the Dolphin Swim and Ride. There were several experiences and hands on with the dolphins including a belly ride and a boogie board push. The dolphin we were in the water with had a 4 month old baby with her. The experience was very educational too! Our trainer was very detailed and explained many things to us. I loved dolphins before this but this experience makes you appreciate them more! This is a must do if you are at all thinking about. The only down side is the price of the pictures they offer you! Be prepared for that if you want pictures to take home!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I took my 6 year old daughter to Dophin Discovery and created memories that will last a lifetime! I read the negative reviews that a few have posted and while I agree the CD to purchase for $100 is a rip off-- I went for the experience NOT the photographs. The trainer discusses the importance of protecting dolphins and the ways we can help in conservation efforts by keeping the ocean clean throughout the class. The company follows strict precautions to ensure the dolphins are safe, i.e. you can't wear anything but organic sunscreen, and the trainer sanitizes her hands before she feeds the dolphin. As for the cleanliness of the water-- it is in a marina, but it is clean with no debris. I would rather have the dophins swim in a more natural environment that an artificial pool. I recommend this excursion to anyone who has ever even considered getting close to wildlife. The dolphin experience was quite profound and will always be a wonderful memory!

1  Thank Always_have_Paris