“Another check on the bucket list for my kids!”

Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in paradise! With a range of programs for all ages, we offer family-friendly adventures with dolphins that you will never forget.
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Another check on the bucket list for my kids!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Swimming with dolphins was on my children's bucket list, so on our recent trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico our hotel recommended Dolphin Discovery. I think there are two places in Cabo where you can swim with Dolphins. One is in central Cabo. This one is in Puento los Cabos, closer to the airport. At Dolphin Discovery the dolphins are in large pens in the marina, not in tanks. The cost of swimming with dolphins is higher than many activities but in the end I think its a good value for the experience. The operation is well-run, organized and the staff was professional. While you are swimming with the dolphins a professional photographer takes pictures of you. We got a CD with over 100 pictures of our kids. The cost was $45 per person. With 4 kids this was $180. Yikes$$ (There is no way for observers - ie parents who choose to do the dolphin swim - to take close up photos). The pictures are great. Really well done. As a swimmer you can't take your own photos. So if you want to capture your memories on a CD, plan to spend that extra money. BTW, everything you need is provided for you - towels, wet suits, etc.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Russelldevans

Santa Cruz, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dolphin Adventure”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I knew I wanted to swim with dolphins during our trip to Baja California Sur and initially planned to use another company. However, we happened upon Dolphin Discovery and I decided to swim there. The pools that the dolphins live in seem more natural than other settings we saw. They have fish swimming through and birds visiting them. They seem very attached to their trainers and I found that Pilar, the trainer I went with, was very good with humans, too! Initially I was apprehensive about the "foot push" which was part of the "Royal Swim Plus" package (60 minutes with the dolphins) that I purchased. After getting to know the dolphins, I felt it was safe and REALLY enjoyed it.

New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“$100 for a CD with a few pictures?!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Make sure you take your cameras with you, unless you are willing to pay $100 for a CD with a few pictures!!!

We took the Dolphin Royal Swim Plus in Los Cabos on January 10, 2013, for the price of around USD $400 for two people. Upon arrival in the main office we have been instructed by the Dolphin Discovery personnel to leave our camera in the locker room, as the photography will be “taken care of” by a group photographer.
Upon finishing the Dolphin Royal Swim Plus, we came back to the main office to learn that one picture will cost us USD $25! or the whole CD, USD $100!. This is outrageous!, moreover the pictures were extremely unprofessional, we travel a lot around the world and even in the most expensive cities like Zurich, Oslo, Tokyo etc. no one has such exuberant prices for a CD with a few pictures. We relayed our concerns to the office manger, but all we got was: “We don’t set the price”, it’s the corporate.

This company is applies a “Bait and switch” and “Scamming” tactic; they will tell you about how important is to keep the environment clean and help the ocean and then try to charge you $100 for a CD with valuable memories.

1 Thank valdman20
Prince George
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Both my husband and I loved this. It was definitely money well spent. The pictures to purchase are a little pricey but I didn't care.

Cornvillel, AZ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dolphin Adventure”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was FABULOUS! We were picked up and returned to our resort, Marina Fiesta in Cabo. The trip was to San Jose Del Cabo so we were treated to viewing the coast line. The process was an adventure well worth the time and money for youth of all ages. I'm 70 and there were other adults, teens, and some 8 year olds in our group. I was concerned about dolphin treatment having read much about their capitivity. I left thinking how nice their living quarters and lives were...and what a fantastic experience!

Visited December 2012