“Dolphin Adventure”

Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in paradise! With a range of programs for all ages, we offer family-friendly adventures with dolphins that you will never forget.
Cornvillel, AZ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dolphin Adventure”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was FABULOUS! We were picked up and returned to our resort, Marina Fiesta in Cabo. The trip was to San Jose Del Cabo so we were treated to viewing the coast line. The process was an adventure well worth the time and money for youth of all ages. I'm 70 and there were other adults, teens, and some 8 year olds in our group. I was concerned about dolphin treatment having read much about their capitivity. I left thinking how nice their living quarters and lives were...and what a fantastic experience!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 4tenderfoot

San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a very nice facility and well run program from start to finish. It was a wonderful opportunity to learn and swim with the dolphins. The facilities were clean and the employees were fun and engaging.

beverly hills
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Cold water in the tank with the dolphins and people”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The water was almost freezing so, the experience with the dolphins was not as great as we hoped. They are in a large tank and there were four groups of approximately a dozen people in each group. However everyone did get to swim the dolphins and have pictures taken with them. There were no showers in the ladies dressing room which made changing after being in the tank, uncomfortable. On a positive side, the staff was wonderful! Everyone was very kind and helpful!

Winnipeg, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“LOVED THE DOLPHINS - SCARLET AND TITAN”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We chose this company because of its awards and because it was in a bay, not a pool. Be aware that the water is not nearly as blue and clear as it appears in the brochure. In fact it's murky with lots of little fish. I had a wonderful time with the Royal Swim, although I chose not to take a foot push or kayak ride due to a bad knee. Nonetheless, the staff made sure I had fun and I got 2 fin rides. Most of the time we were standing on an underwater slippery wood platform by the pier and the dolphins came to us and did their thing. They were adorable and very responsive. The staff answered all the questions we asked. There is a viewing area where a non-participant can go for free and take pictures and videos. Despite my friend doing that, I bought the $75 CD with 67 pictures of me and the dolphins, since this is likely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. Also the pictures my friend took from the viewing area were taken with a point-and-shoot with a limited zoom. There are a mama and baby dolphin in a smaller enclosure right now. They are there because they are being monitored very closely to ensure their good health and mom is getting extra food while nursing her calf. In a couple of more months they will meet the other dolphins. I would definitely recommend this activity, unless you have a problem with dolphins living in captivity at all. Both Scarlet and Titan were born under human care and appeared to be totally having fun with the social stimulation and fish treats. Loved it!

Southern california
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Loved it but...”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our whole family did the dolphin experience in Aug. 2012. Kids ages 10-16 and two forty somethings. While it does have a wait in line with the masses and climb into the kinda gross water side to it, it was still an experience we all loved. You get quite a lot of time with the dolphins and a variety of different tricks from the basic handclap to actually riding on their backs, twice. There is a photographer that captures all of this and of course you can buy the pictures at the end. I think we spent about $100.00 for the complete disc but there are some amazing pics so it was worth it. You can have someone take pictures from the dock but they won't be able to get the angle or very close shots unless they have a good long lense. Take some decent towels in the car and leave your valuables behind. They have lockers but they are small. You will be wearing the life vest provided and in the water almost the whole time.

Finally, I see here that someone has mentioned that it is an inhumane practice which does make me think a little, maybe it is. Some of the dolphins seems to enjoy their job more than others.

Visited August 2012