“Excellent Dining in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico”
Review of Morgan's Encore - CLOSED

Morgan's Encore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Morgan's Encore Restaurant and Morgan's Restaurant & Cellar are two fabulous dining establishments my husband & I recently visited while in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Both restaurants were exquisite in decor and the menu was divine. I can't say we have ever had such fantastic ribs as those served to us at the Cellar. As a matter of fact I ordered a second plate. The dinner was awesome as was the staff. I had a roll of pesos in my pocket that fell on the floor.... one of the waiters noticed and picked them up and returned them to me....I was impressed to say the least and I would never had known I even lost them. The music was also very entertaining with a one man show and he was truly a gem.
What more can I say..... both my husband and I are truly impressed and look forward to coming back to both these restaurants on our next visit to San Jose del Cabo.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

During our recent Valentine’s anniversary celebration in San Jose del Cabo, the concierge at our excellent hotel, Casa Natalia, highly recommended Morgan’s Encore as one of the best restaurants in town. It was just a couple blocks from our hotel and not only is it a beautiful building with an open air courtyard, as well as covered seating areas, but the food was absolutely superb.

We are foodies from Sonoma County, California, and have at least half a dozen fine restaurants in our town which we enjoy regularly. We were surprised that Morgan’s Encore was on par with our best restaurants. The wait staff was well trained, attentive, and helpful in answering menu questions, recommending wines, etc. Our waiter, Ernesto, was particularly charming and the whole staff is friendly and welcoming.

Encore is certainly an appropriate descriptor for this restaurant, as although there were at least a dozen or more restaurants to choose from during our weeklong stay, we could not help ourselves and had to return to Morgan’s Encore for three dinners and a lunch, all of which were excellent. Chef Peter came out and introduced himself on our last supper there and, as I recall, he is from Vancouver and was very understanding about my wife’s gluten intolerance and the wait staff, as well, made sure that we chose the right meals for her.

In addition to the great foods, beauty, and ambience, they also had wonderful music played by a one-man show, Cesar, who played both guitar and keyboards, and sang a whole range of music from Spanish love songs to Van Morrison and John Mayer. We highly recommend this restaurant for great service and food that will delight your taste buds.

Marc and Elisabeth Matson
Healdsburg, California

1  Thank Marc_Liz
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I have been to Morgan's Encore many times over the years and are rarely disappointed. The setting is very pretty, especially if you ask to be seated up on the roof. The food is always good and the service is nice. I would recommend this place if you want a romantic dinner or just a nice place to take guests. It is a little pricey but worth the money.

1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have been to Morgan Cellar and always enjoyed it. Went to this restaurant for dinner and although the ambiance was good, the food was mediocre at best but the service was terrible!
We were told that clams was a special appetizer for the night so we ordered them. We are thinking steamed clams in white wine and much to our surprise it was served cold and raw. What waiter doesn't tell you it's sushi? Had to beg for a second round of cocktails and then sat for 15 minutes after the dishes were cleared waiting for the check. Never going back there! We will stick to Morgan Cellar for sure!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful place, very nice ambiance, delicious food (though a bit pricey) and good service. The hands-on touch by the chef and the owner is noteworthy. Would definitely return whenever possible.