“One of my reasons to go back to Cabo”

Flora's Field Kitchen
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ( Closed Mondays) Floras Field kitchen is about handmade food using our farm fresh ingredients. Our goal is to create a healthy family meal with a sense of place. Our day begins at four in the morning when Jose the baker arrives to fire the wood oven. Working with sourdough cultures and pre ferments he makes loaves of Pain L'ancienne baguette, ciabatta, sourdough, focaccia, whole wheat and herb breads. Chefs, cooks, stewards, the butcher and farm hands begin arriving after first light. Throughout the morning produce comes in to be washed and prepped while the line gets fired up to prepare the first meals- through dinner there is harvesting going hand in hand with cooking. All meats served at Floras Field Kitchen come from our nearby 150-acre ranch where animals are humanely raised on diets that do not include hormones or antibiotics. In the evening, and for Sunday brunches, the wood-burning oven becomes Mamas pizzeria. We make Neapolitan style pizza with fresh mozzarella and dough that is built over time and handled lightly.
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This restaurant has been one of my all time favorites. I was there for dinner. The food was amazing. Their staff was friendly and patient considering we were a roudy group of 22. Everyone absolutely loved the food. The pizza was great. My only regret is that we didn't go before night fall so that we can enjoy the scenery. Its a beautiful place. You would never know it was there based on its surroundings. I also wish we had gone earlier in the week so that we could go more than once.

I will definitely return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,171)

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This restaurant is one of a kind. I had never experienced such perfect dining. They really hit on all the senses. Too see perfect symmetry between what is on the plate, the smell in the air, and visually seeing all the ingredients growing in front of you. Is a truly remarkable experience. It was great talking with Gloria and her husband as well.
I am a chef from SF and just returned from cabo. This is the one restaurant not to miss!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I just have to say that it is by far one of the best meals that I had in my life, organic food is just delicious, I read the pork chop review and I decided to try it, GREAT choice, my wife ordered the chicken and well it was delicious also, we highly recomend this place!!

Great service, prices are high but you get what you pay for!

1  Thank PpParra
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Floras Farm is 10 minutes from downtown San Jose but a world away. Wonderful fresh food in an open air restaurant set amid the organic gardens. Peaceful. Magical. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Joankjones
Reviewed June 19, 2011

So many things done right I'm not sure where to start? The appetizers served with fresh warm baguettes made in the wood fired oven seems like a good beginning. The bread has a great, crusty, slightly chewy exterior with an almost creamy texture on the inside. The pork terrine with pickled vegetables, mustard and cornichon had a great balance. The delicate, rich, fragrant flavors of the terrine were balanced and complimented by the acid of the pickled onions and cucumbers. Classic flavors perfectly executed.
The pork and chicken is all raised on the farm and the difference in flavor is really quite notable. I had the double cut pork chop and I don't think I have ever tasted pork that flavorful? I regularly buy Niman Ranch pork in that states which is considered to be high quality, and is listed on menus of restaurants, proudly. It really doesn't even seem to be of the same genus as the flora farms pork. If you look up succulent in the dictionary you might find a picture of this pork chop.
All of this while sitting at a table at the edge of a field of organic produce stretching out beside you, warm breeze tickling your face...

2  Thank AntonetteBernadine