“You have to try it once”

Buzzards Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located in Laguna Hills just 10 minutes outside of Puerto Los Cabos.
Seattle, Washington
“You have to try it once”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Reviews here got my curiosity up and I was really wanting a palapa taco experience. I was smart enough to map it and draw myself a copy and off we went. After I was sure I went too far the wrong way past a cement plant, I turned around, drove back to La Playita, and was told to drive past the cement plant. The drive isn't really that long, it just seems like it. Draw yourself a map to navigate the roundabouts and once you are past the cement plant, keep driving. Don't be tempted to speed like the locals unless you don't mind risking a collision with the cattle that roam along the road. Once you are there the setting is amazing, right next to an incredible beach. It is worth the drive. The owner is very friendly and his staff is great. The food and the margaritas are very good. Actually the margaritas are too good if you are driving back in the dark-I limited myself to one and was glad I did. The ceviche was as good as any I've had anywhere in Los Cabos. The prices aren't bad but are a little higher than comparable in San Jose, likely reflecting the usual clientele which probably comes from the upscale neighborhood its located in. My only complaint? The palapa doesn't have an ocean view. That's the only thing missing here. In my dreams I could sit at a table and drink margaritas there all day watching the ocean. If you go and don't like to drive in the dark, go early, enjoy a walk on the beach, and have an early dinner. Don't forget to make yourself a map and watch for the cement plant.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank TravlinDiver

McKinney, TX
“Another great visit to Los Cabos and Buzzard's”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We vacationed in Los Cabos, March 11 - 15, 2014, and rented the same house on the beach in the El Encanto gated community. And, once again, we enjoyed several meals at Paul Meredith's "Buzzard's Bar & Grill". Paul also showed us his four guest rooms, which he recently renovated. They look very nice. So, on our next visit, we'll rent a house on the beach and the four guest rooms at Buzzard's. That way, more friends and family can join us. Buzzard's is a special place. The food and beverage service is always top notch. We already miss the coconut shrimp, the deep fried poblano peppers, and the flan with Kahlua dessert. Paul Meredith, along with Carlos, and the kitchen staff have the gift of hospitality and will provide you with a fun and relaxing guest experience. Thanks Paul!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank STC
Richmond, Texas
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great place to chill, lay back, sip on some Don Julio 70 & eat some great food. Walking distance from where we were staying, which was at the Measom's beautiful home. Try the stuffed Jalapeno, great taste. We walked in barefooted, which the sand filled floors felt good going through your toes. We even drove the 4-wheeler to Buzzard's.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Sam O
USA
“Good food but check the bill”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a nice lunch there the other day and paid our bill and was on our way out when my husband realized that we paid way too much. He went back in and asked the owner to check over the bill. Apparently, the peso to US dollar conversion by a staff member doubled the amount! The correction was made for us but we wondered how often this has happened without the customer realizing that they had been overcharged.

So, enjoy the atmosphere, food and margaritas but check your bill before leaving!

Visited February 2014
Frisco, Colorado
“The BEST shrimp cocktail and staff!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This out of the way palapa'd restaurant serves the very BEST shrimp cocktail in all of Baja. A meal for one or an appetizer for two or three. Full of freshly caught shrimp and the tastiest sauce you will dream of this after returning to you home.

3 Thank theflyingcrane