“Great out of the way destination!”

Buzzards Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are located in Laguna Hills just 10 minutes outside of Puerto Los Cabos.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great out of the way destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of having a meal and a few cerveza at Buzzards last week and it was one of the highlights of my vacation to San Jose. Even the drive to the out-of-the-way location is an adventure, through the mountains and then down to the beachside restaurant, you experience the countryside outside of the resort district which I suggest is a must do for all visitors to the area. Add to that a great atmosphere (with the sound of the waves crashing in the background) great personalized service and really great food (I had the sashimi, coconut shrimp and fish tacos), this adventure made for a perfect day. The owner Paul provides wonderful service and you really feel like you experienced a part of the culture of Mexico that you do not get in the resorts and trinket shops. Rather than renting a car, we took a cab there and back and it was really worth it as a mini - adventure off the beaten path!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Denise902

Zurich, Canada
“Great Food! Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had several meals at Buzzards during a recent vacation. The food was excellent, especially the chiliquillies, coconut shrimp and breakfast burritos. Portion sizes are large and no one goes away hungry. The dessert flan is a "must try" and large enough to share. Prices are comparable to other restaurants in the area. Owner Paul Meredith is very accommodating, charming and has a great sense of humour.

2 Thank HCD_13
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Average at best but HUGE PORTIONS”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hmmm.... this is probably my first "average" review rating and I've made very few reviews.

My wife and I are staying down the street from this bar. As others have said, it's on the beach but without a view of the ocean. It was a Saturday at about 5:30 and we were the only ones there so, of course, service was good.

We started out with fresh guac and salsa and about 7-8 hot sauces to add if you like. The guac was fresh and fabulous. We ordered margaritas as well. They came in short glasses mostly filled with ice. They went down smooth but were just under $6 each. I would've expected a bigger glass for that price.

My wife had the Burrito Grande with chicken. Definitely Grande... we could've split that and had been fine. Although it was well prepared and presented, it was too heavy on the garlic for me. That's fine if you like garlic but, for having such a strong presence in the dish, we would've like some forewarning. It was just $11. So, great price and good. However, I didn't think it was anything spectacular.

I had the fish tacos in corn tortillas. There were 3 topped with only cabbage and they came with black beans and rice. I didn't realize the fish was going to be deep fried and I rarely eat anything deep fried and options for preparations would have been nice. I had expected grilled fish with pico de gallo and maybe some guac and/or sour cream on the side. The fish was so piping hot that I had to wait 10 minutes just to take a bite without burning the roof of my mouth. In the end, the fish was nothing short of a frozen store bought deep fried fish filet. Cod maybe? Again, the portions were huge but the preparation and flavor wasn't great for me.

Neither of us could finish our meal and were stuffed. Total bill with 4 small margaritas was $55.

Again, the best thing this restaurant has going for it is the portion size.

1 Thank djacobson
West Coast, CAnada
“Marg Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Buzzards is a local favourite. Okay we didn't eat, just had margs and they were good. Very laid back casual outdoor setting. Unfortunately it does not have an ocean view though it is right on the beach. The service was good, the staff friendly and the owner was around to say hi. It is worth the trip out. If you have the right vehicle continue up the beach road for a mile and enjoy the spectacular views. Just be prepared for a rough ride.

Pine, Colorado
“Sand Floor; Delicious Food: Need I Say More?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Buzzards is a great find in a quiet neighborhood. Sand floor, sea breeze is blowing, food is great. The owner Paul is charming.

You must try: for breakfast, chiliquillies, for lunch the fish tacos, go with the grouper: for dinner: the best tortilla soup ever! The flan with kaluha is awesome.
If I didn't have a place to stay in the neighborhood: I would rent a room here. It is very quiet and far away from the Cabo 'scene'. Have the beach to yourself.

Consistently good food!