“An amazing evening with delicious food, excellent ambience, and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DECKMAN'S San Jose - CLOSED

DECKMAN'S San Jose
Cuisines: American, International, Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: KM 29 Costa Azul
Description: DECKMAN'S San Jose offers a daily changing menu, progressive 100% Mexican wine list, live jazz and great bar! Award winning Chef-Owner Drew Deckman greets you nightly with a culinary celebration of local and Baja California Ingredients. Live Music on a regular basis! Mexican Craft Beers and ample outdoor seating.
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I had a wonderful evening with my boyfriend. We were greeted with a warm welcome and wonderful service from the staff. The menu and food were absolutely amazing and we enjoyed several dishes. I look forward to our return visit. I would definately recommend this place.

Los Angeles
“Very gourmet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

We liked everything about this restaurant! The food was very fresh, local and organic. The recipes innovative.. menu changes daily depending on what is available. We liked that all of the dishes could be "tapas" size, to medium, to entree size, which allowed us to sample more of this delicious food than we would have otherwise. The service was impeccable.

Nothing but good to say about this restaurant and we would definitely go back again and again. Just went last night and thinking about going back tonight!

Palm Springs, California
“Super bummed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

It was our first night in San Jose and I was excited to have the food here and was so disappointed. My husband got the shrimp....it was mushy and tasted like chlorine. He then got tuna, cooked three ways....one of the selections was inedible, because it was lined with layers of fat. Final item for him was the scallop dish.....hmmmm, they were the size of peas. I ordered the soup of the night....it was very watery. I then ordered the salad, which was soaked in dressing. Wine was about $12 a glass....really???? For wine that was produced in their country....complete rip off. They also, claim to have live music.....NOPE.
We were very disappointed!

• Visited December 2011
chefdeck, Owner at DECKMAN'S San Jose, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
First of all I would like to thank you taking the time to share your experience in Deckmans in TripAdvisor. Im not really sure how to respond to your comments. Obviously we totally missed the mark with you and your evening with us. I can only apologize to you for not meeting your expectations. I was a little surprised that if your dinner with us was so below average, that you didn't comment to me or the waiter or somebody in the same evening and given us a chance to "right the boat" at that time. I'm sorry that you were expecting a different scallop than we had listed in the menu that night. As we change the menu daily, we are "married" the market and seasons and right now the bay scallops are what are in season, and as you pointed out, they are small scallops.

As you can see by some of the other comments in Tripadvisor, we are not accustomed to receive a review such as yours. Only through comments such as yours can we continue to grow as a restaurant and continue to better our service, kitchen and over-all experience in Deckmans. I would like to invite you back to Deckmans that next time you have the opportunity to show you that your experience was absolutely not the norm. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies from the entire Deckmans team for not meeting your standards the evening you were with us.

Drew Deckman
info@deckmans.com
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Best food in the Baja!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Deckman's has the best cuisine, bar none, in the baja. In fact my husband and I have travelled extensively and eaten at many wonderful restaurants throughout Europe and the US and would rate Deckman's in the top ten. The freshness, flavors, presentation, and attention to detail all make for an incredible dining experience well worth the trip.

Chicago
“By far the best restaurant in los cabos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

After reading all the fabulous reviews on trip advisor, we decided to try Deckman's and we were not disappointed.! Deckman's provides it's patrons with the finest culinary experience that could be had in any of the best restaurants in the US.

• Visited November 2011