“Great for vegetarians!”

Sabor de Amor
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: I did not find it, but I love it and I wanted to share my experience with your readers.. It is part of a Center called Raices y Brazos... it is open to the Public
Reviewed December 14, 2012

So I read this week about this restaurant and the garden atmosphere with the rave food reviews and all, I just had to check it out. Here's the report: awesome. So first of all, I walk into this really nice setting that's casual enough for my preferences (I like casual yet groovy atmospheres) and still somehow feels kinda eco-ritzy. But you know, the real eco-ritzy not like that fake trying to be eco-ritzy. But I'll cut to the chase and tell you about my meal. Right off I noticed that there was a vegetarian option on the daily special. I had this amazing red pepper coconut basil bisque soup and though there were three vegetarian sandwich options, the one I really wanted came with some bacon. So, the chef, Emilio, (who was snagged away from a pretty cool restaurant in town where the locals are still missing him) offered to substitute his handmade grilled garbanzo patties for the bacon. This was pleasantly accompanied by an artisinal Italian soda made with a killer ginger syrup that he makes at the restaurant. I really love chatting with the waiter Jose who got all my jokes and little references (and threw me a few back) and I don't even speak Spanish. You're lucky you read this so follow up and don't miss out!!

3  Thank Laura W
There are newer reviews for Sabor de Amor

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Sabor de Amor is just that....the flavor of love! The food is locally sourced and amazing! The atmosphere can't be beat - cool, shady, outdoors, quiet...and the service makes you feel like you are with family.(in the best way). I have literally been there every day since it re-opened this year with an all new menu and chef. Today I had waffles with bacon and wild rice baked into them, with a buttery maple sauce and a perfectly poached egg. There are home made Italian sodas such as tarragon/orange and pumpkin spice...yesterday I had smoked tuna hash with a juice made from celery/pineapple/ginger. The day before, I enjoyed a waffle with grilled peaches and ginger syrup, home made italian sausage, and some awesome drip coffee. My friend had eggs baked in greens with a bechamel sauce which they made without the cream for her as she doesn't eat dairy. We sat by this little pool of water under banana trees...the music they played was sweet and hummmingbirds surrounded us, drinking from the banana blossoms. As you can see, I HIGHLY recommend this place. They are putting up better signs apparently, as it's been sort of hard for people to find in the past. But it's downstairs at Raices y Brazos, a yoga studio.

1  Thank olallieRN
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The restaurant and service is fabulous. It took my husband and i sometime to find it but well worth it. The owner is very hospitable. If you want bold flavors that you can't get enough of you need to try this place. everything is fresh and organic i just wish we had found this place sooner.
It will definitely be on our first agenda when we come out again.
Thanks again for the wonderful meal, i look forward to seeing you again.
Mark and Jill

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Myself, wife and two children live in San Jose del Cabo for 9 months a year and we have visited almost every restaurant in town. Sabor de Amor is by far our favorite restaurant. The food is all organic and very fresh and more importantly it all is excellent, we always look forward to what new flavors we will experience with each visit. What's just as important to us as the food is the ambiance and from the staff to the setting you will feel comfortable and welcomed. If you want a dining experience and not just a meal I highly recommend this establishment.

Mike

Reviewed March 15, 2012

This restaurant is an absolute gem. It is off th beaten path (which is a huge plus to me) so put the time into finding it. The atmosphere is amazing, the food is way above any else we had in Los Cabos, the wait staff is wonderful, the owner takes tremendous pride in his establishment, AND it is a great value. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. Try the catch of the day, the guacamole, the coconut cheeses, the pizzas, all fresh, organic and delicious. The best food. thank you!