Cabo Surf Hotel
$311
$225
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$375
$218
  • Breakfast included
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$196
$167
  • Pool
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$276
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$441
$314
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$587
$500
Bookit.com
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotel El Ganzo(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$247
$240
Orbitz.com
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$211
$193
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$172
$165
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrent boardssmall hotelnew wingboutique hotellaid back vibegarden roomperfect hotelrooms are lovelysan josebeautiful oceansliding glassking roomping pongcrashing wavesthird floorwhale watchingfood and drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was cautious. My soon-to-be-daughter-in-law booked the Cabo Surf Hotel for their wedding sight unseen. I wanted to fly her down from Portland to check it out, but her work schedule prevented that. So, we invited family and friends, coordinated with the on-site wedding consultant, and headed off for San Jose del Cabo.

Wow! It was perfect, the hotel is beautiful and intimate, on a gorgeous beach. The restaurant is wonderful. The service staff attentive and friendly. The Spa was lovely. The wedding vendors coordinated by the hotel did a great job. Everything went off without a hitch.

The wedding was perfectly beautiful. We are so happy that we plan to return. Lovely, lovely place for a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rcurtis948
cabosurfhot, Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We appreciate your cheerful words. Truth is we love the great vibe weddings bring to the hotel. We love wedding groups. Thank you for choosing our place for such an important event! I will share with our wedding specialist and our different departments.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife, and I have been to Cabo Surf every year at least once since 2007.
The location is spectacular, and we can sit and look out over the ocean for hours on end.
We like the fact the hotel is small. You can select from several different types of rooms. This trip we had #1 over the lobby, which looks out over the pool area, and gives a great view of the surf break.
This visit, we ate in the restaurant every meal. It was great as usual. I think they have become more accomodating to different off-the-menu requests than in previous years, Meals were great, and portions very generous.
The staff is awesome. I had an accident this year, and Jesus had Dr. Hugo come to the hotel, who then took me to his office for treatment. Carlos, Tony, and everyone in the restaurant will make you feel like family, and Christian was working his tail off by the pool and on the beach.
All in all, another great visit.

Room Tip: The newest rooms have an absolutely spectacular view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
cabosurfhot, Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We appreciate sharing your experience and being part of the "Cabo Surf Club", as a repeating guest. We are proud of making a difference in your vacation. I will let everybody know, thank you!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Over the Memorial Day weekend my husband and I joined my daughter to attend a wedding of her girlfriend, at Cabo Surf Hotel. My husband was the officiant of the ceremony. He and I stayed at Cabo Surf, while our daughter stayed at an all inclusive nearby. Cabo Surf is not an all inclusive, so you can either eat at the hotel restaurant and charge it to your room, or explore the many other wonderful restaurants on Cabo. The hotel is nestled into the side of a hill and is a well known surfer's beach front property. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. The service was impeccable and the view amazing. Our room was large with a kitchenette, two queen beds and a sofa bed. The room was equipped with a large deck with lovely wicker furniture and had a view of the beach and surf through the beautiful lush palm trees that shaded the room. This is a small hotel compared to some in Cabo, but that adds to the charm. There is a full service spa, an amazing restaurant, two infinity pools that overlook the beach, and two large Jacuzzis next to the pools. Surf lessons are available as well as yoga classes. Wifi is free and available throughout the property.
The hotel is located just a 30 minute drive from the airport and is also only 30 minutes from Cabo San Lucas. It is just inside the city limits of San Jose del Cabo, which has a lovely downtown area full of many different types of shops. When we return to Cabo, it is likely that we will visit this hotel again. Cabo Surf is well known for it's weddings which take place either on the beach or in the nearby garden. I highly recommend this hotel if you are interested in avoiding the twenty-something party scene and would like a place that is serene and romantic.
As an added note, the hotel has a Doctor on call for those who are new to Mexico, and may need some medication for the dreaded "Montezuma's Revenge". The hotel water is filtered, but I made the mistake of having some ice water at a nearby restaurant, and came down with a stomach infection that included a high fever. The doctor was able to explain what had happened to me and how to avoid it in the future. Even filtered water in Mexico may not protect someone from a reaction to the normal bacteria in the water, so bottled water and no ice cubes is always recommended if you are not sure of your immunity to infections.
All in all, this was a wonderful experience and I would not hesitate recommending a stay at this hotel to anyone going to Cabo for a vacation or on business.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for capturing and sharing the whole idea behind the hotel. A quaint, small resort with a beach house feeling and good service quality. We hope you are back soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stay here for a couple of days with my girlfriend and boys.We had been to the hotel a couple of times before to surf and eat so we finally wanted to stay here. We had two rooms, one in the newer section and one in the older building. Both rooms were very nice and clean. The newer villas have balconies right over the ocean with floor to ceiling windows. They open all the way so it is very open aire. The boys room was very nice with queen beds and they had a partial view of the ocean. The hotel restaurant had great food. It was nice to be able to walk down to the beach and rent boards and swim right at the hotel. we will be back again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, I will share the review with our team members from our different departments!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The drive to Cabo Surf Hotel took about 20 minutes from downtown Cabo. You'll have to watch out for the entrance because it'll quickly come up. The grounds of the hotel looked like it was very manicured, give off the vibe that it's a 4-star hotel resort. 2 hour rental cost $28US. I wasn't a fan of the rocks by the shore. Might be helpful to bring/wear water socks so your feet don't get dinged up. The beach itself is smaller than I expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John M
cabosurfhot, Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Usually the sand is plenty to hit the water with a board but we need to tip our surfing guests for their way back to stay on the board until they can step on sand to avoid any sharp rocks.