“Charming Hotel”

Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Atlanta
“Charming Hotel”
Reviewed January 12, 2008

This hotel was an unexpected surprise. It is far enough away from the tourist infested Cabo San Lucas to enjoy a relaxing Mexican get-away. The hotel is small and the staff will cater to your every need. Mauricio was extremely accommodating and helped plan our diving excursions. The room was excellent and the views extraordinary. The hotel does have surf instructors and boards and we took advantage of them. The 7 Seas restaurant was the only place we ate for 6 days and we had excellent food each meal. The only problem that people may have with the hotel is that it is close to a busy road. It is difficult to walk anywhere outside of the grounds and the road can be noisy. However, this wasn't a problem and the hotel amenities will make up for it. We have made reservations for April to return.

• Liked — rooms with views
  • Disliked — trafiic noise
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2007

I'd love to write a review on this hotel however no one has bothered to get back to me on rates and availability. I called twice and emailed.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank gorjess_2
Houston
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We had our wedding at Cabo Surf Hotel on July 7, 2007. The hotel was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms and grounds were well maintained and clean. We stayed in the Junior King Villa, which has the best view of the beach and surf breaks. The chef prepared an awesome meal with our "catch of the day", a 60 lb mahi mahi. Another point to mention is that the bus stop is right in front of the hotel, which takes you into town.

• Liked — beach front property
  • Disliked — a bit pricey
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank globetrott
Malibu, California
Reviewed June 10, 2007

Way cool and better than I could have hoped for. I went to Cabo Surf Hotel for a quick and easy surf holiday in early June for 4 days. Service, professionalism, positive attitude, proactive, friendly, upscale as well as relaxed are all terms that could describe the staff, the hotel and facilities. A great place for singles, families and a romantic getaway.

The restaurant is outstanding. Not sure which is better: The food or watching the surf right in front! The rooms are upscale yet casual and I my massage at the spa was one of the best I've had.

The surf is right in front..Simply walk out and into the water for old-mans. Ten minute walk to zippers and the rock is only two minutes. Enough surf for fun within walking distance and more surf within an hour for the hardcore!

For an easy lunch there is Zippers just down the beach---try the shrimp or the fish tacos.
Surfboard rentals are right there at the hotel but I recommend Cabo Surf Shop just down the road...and they deliver besides being half the price!
I'm stoked with Cabo Surf Hotel

• Liked — Proximity to the beach, view
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank SanMo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2007

We stayed at the Cabo Surf in April 2006 and loved it. We were in Cabo for a wedding...not a huge fan of the big resorts so I looked for something a little smaller. I am glad I found the Cabo Surf.
Our room was great (nice and clean) with a nice view of the ocean and grounds. It had a couch, table and icebox in addition to a nice big bed. The only mild complaint was that the service at the restaurant was a little lacking at times...even for a chilled out Mexican holiday. But it was a minor detail that a margarita can easily solve.
Be warned that if you plan on heading into the town of Cabo San Lucas, the cab fares can add up a bit. But San Jose del Cabo is very close.
They offer surfing lessons right at the hotel beach and this break is suitable for beginners.

Stayed April 2006
2 Thank tac1972
orange county
Reviewed October 7, 2006

I was looking for a place to relax for a few days before meeting some clients in Cabo San Lucas. I was interested in finding a quiet place to surf and relax after an extremely busy year. The Cabo Surf Hotel was just the place. I must admit I was a bit concerned after reading the previous review and not seeing many other reviews prior. Once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted with courtesy, given a nice room with an amazing view and left alone! (which is what I was looking for). If I needed assistance, it was there but the staff is very low key. The on-going construction was a bit of a distraction but that happens everywhere in Mexico.The concierge (Eleana) was as helpful as she is beautiful. I had aready dined at the on site restaurant ,which was good, and wanted to try somewhere else. She recommended La Panga in town and I had one of the best meals in my life there! The surfing was amazing and don't worry about brining a board, they have about 100 to choose from (long, short, soft hard, etc.). The room was clean and the pool and Jacuzzi were beautiful. All in all a very nice time. If you are looking to be pampered at every step and hounded by time-share salemen, don't go here. But if you are looking for a relaxing low key experience at a beautiful resort, check it out.

• Liked — relaxing
  • Disliked — construction
  • Tips/Secrets — stay on the second level for the best views
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
6 Thank OCSurf
england
Reviewed September 7, 2006

Booked this hotel which uses the name Cabo Surf hotel, as guests attending a wedding. I booked at the beginning of March to link in with our flights home. The day after the wedding we were told that we had to leave as they had people arriving that day and there were not enough rooms. The fact that we had booked 6 months in advance and made absolutely no difference. The manager was so offhand as to be considered rude. In fact we should have guessed that there would be problems when e mailing from england and never receiving any replies except to ask for our credit card details!!! If you look at the internet site it shows wonderful rooms...you get the picture..at a special price of $225.00 per day plus $6.00 per day maid service plus tax etc not cheap. However my room (ocean view)..if I stood on the far side of the window, smelled damp, was dirty and it was obvious that the beds and towels had not been changed. As a final warning, 8 of the guests ,to my knowledge ended up with bad stomach upsets and I had to be given anti biotics before I recovered. This hotel is not what it advertises itself to be so avoid at all costs.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends