“Unusual decor”

Tacos El Ahorcado (The Hangman)
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Unusual decor”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Novel decor and decent food--they don't serve alcohol--the condiments are a feature and the service was attentive--the night we were there there were a lot of locals dining. I always look for this as a sign of decent and reasonable food. A fun evening.

• Visited February 2013

WA
“Great Decor”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have tried Hangman's our last four visits to Cabo. First off, they are only open for Dinner and they are closed 1-2 nights a week. I think it was Sunday and Monday. Their decor is so unique it keeps you busy checking everything out. They immediately bring out 16+ salsas & relishes. Those are the best parts of this place. The baby potatoes soaked with habenero really get your mouth going, but you can't stop eating them. The pineapple habenero salsa got me hooked. I make that at least every other week at home now.

The portions are not real big, but the prices are not real high either. I didn't care for any of the meat in the tacos at this location, but my husband loved them. I like mine more fresh and hot. It tasted like the meat has sat around awhile. The staff was always friendly and prompt.

• Visited October 2012
Duncan, Canada
“OK .... Interesting Decor.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

On our second trip to the Hangman, I was simply disappointed. The first time I was impressed with the unique decor and the food was above average. Unfortunately, on the second time, the service was poor, surprising since it was almost deserted, and the portions seemed smaller than many of the similar type restaurants .. If you like the spicy fare, they have a few condiments that will burn your taste buds off and the decor is unique but I think the nearby Guacamayas has a better atmosphere, larger portions, more choices and better food.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank CowichanConnoisseur
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great food with a local flair”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Excellent authentic local foods. Have been to this restaurant several times over a few years of coming to San Jose del Cabo. I don't remember a bad meal. Make sure one of the servers explains the condiments...the potatoes look safe but they will light you up!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank S W
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Real Mexicana! Food & feel is authentic Mexican! Love it!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have visited this place over the years and the consistency is amazing. The food is amazing, although part of you wonders about the hole in the wall thing going on, but the cow tongue, the habanero sauce... the list goes on. Every taco we ate was amazing. If your in the area you don't want to miss this.

• Visited December 2012