“OH MY LORD!!”

Don Sanchez Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Sanchez Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Over the last year, Don Sanchez Restaurant has “re-defined” itself both in design as well our approach to your fine food and wine experience. Our food, service and quality are consistent with the same standards found in North America as we strive to constantly improve and innovate.Proudly, the majority of our high-quality produce is grown and harvested from local organic farms. Our seafood comes from local fisherman ensuring the best, freshest quality. Fresh oysters and clams are delivered 3 times a week and our fish daily. All of our produce and seafood are environmentally sustainable and checked regularly for consistency.One of our standards is to only serve “grass-fed” beef from Sonora or American choice beef, which is aged to perfection, and consistent with the same processing standards found in the U.S.A. All salt used in Don Sanchez Restaurant is natural un-iodized Sea salt from Guerrero Negro in the Northern Baja Peninsula.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a great meal at Don Sanchez! Read the reviews and they were right on. You enter at street level and walk into a wine tasting/cellar. You proceed down a beautiful staircase to a wonderful outdoor patio. A heads up... This came up as Mexican food in trip advisor, in fact it is somewhat of a fusion. More steak,pasta,seafood . Our meal: My wife chose the Chile Wellington. the sauce a deep red Chile sauce with deep deep flavors. I went with the shirt steak with Gorgonzola cream sauce and garlic mash potatoes.
They offer two different ways to cook there cuts of beef. Typical grill and another which escapes me now... the second way takes 45 min to cook! I would suggest it would be better served with the finer cuts of beef they offer.
The shirt steak was unreal. The tenderness i have never experienced in a skirt steak before. I was truly depressed as the last bite went down my throat. My wife had a Mexican chardonnay @ 12 usd a glass and was over the top thrilled with it and will be searching in the U.S for it. Noel our server was professional and very nice treating us to a appetizer on the house. We enjoyed both meals 2 margaritas 2 glasses of wine and dessert for $73 USD. Worth every penny and a couple of buck on top of that. Enjoy your meal here folks... we sure did... were gonna need to skip breakfast tomorrow now!!!

1  Thank robsimmons
There are newer reviews for Don Sanchez Restaurante

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The sax player at the restaurant made the expiance even better. The food was great as was the service. Good cuts of steak well prepared along with some very tasty desert options made the evening a great time.

1  Thank james k
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When you are a foodie and a wine snob like me, experiencing new restaurants is fun and sometimes disappointing. NOT LAST NIGHT. Starting with the hostess personally walking us to the outdoor seating to the beautiful live music, Don Sanchez Restaurant did not disappoint. An incredible dinner of scallops with baked apple, arugula salad with beets, delicious filet of beef and THE BEST Cioppino I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. The service was excellent and all the staff extremely friendly, lot's of smiling going on. We can't wait to go back and try all the other delicious sounding meals.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Before coming to the area I had read reviews and knew that we needed to visit this place. The day before we came to Don Sanchez we were in town and decided to look at the place. It did not disappoint and knew we were coming back the next day. Everything was perfect, the tables, the view, the food and the service. They could not have done better. We had steak and lobster and coming from Canada this is hard to beat, but I do have to say I had the best steak AND lobster in Mexico. There was great background music from the saxophone player. They also have two levels to the restaurant, you can eat outside on the main level with all the beautiful tables and the live music or you can eat upstairs which only has a few tables and is private but kind of overlooks the whole restaurant. To top it off, I was surprised with a birthday dessert which was unbelievable and know that next time I come to San Jose del Cabo I will be ordering dessert. A definite must! This restaurant is beyond a 5 star!

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

A transplant from Canada but a great interpretation of good food with a Mexican fusion. The best margaritas we had. Beautiful outdoor dining with amazing background music. Certainly a place to stop for a lovely evening out. They went out of their way to make sure our evening was special. Well priced compared to many restaurants in Cabo.