“watch the check”

Jazmin's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jazmin's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have over 25 years of experience, Jazmin´s Restaurant has been characterized by excellent service, and the especiality traditional mexican food, shows and live music. Live a family and unforgettable experience in the best Mexican Restaurant in San José del Cabo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been wanting to go here for sometime. I bought a cabo passport Card which gets you 2x1 dinner. jazmins was on the list of participating restaurants. As always do i showed the waiter the card to make sure they would honer it and he said yes. When we got the check we dident get the discount. One dinner was $300.00 pesos and the other $200.00 pesos. We should get the $200.00 dinner off the bill. I explained this to the waiter and he said he would get it corrected. He came back and they only took $80.00 pesos off. Again I told the waiter to fix it. When he came back they had discounted the $200.00 pesos but added $80.00 pesos for tax?? You cant charge eva (that's a Mexican tax) on top of food the laws states they must build it in to their prices. I told him to remove it which they did. I don't blame the waiter it was the manager that was trying to manipulate the check. This is the sad part. The food and the service were excellent but I'm not going back because of what the manager tried to pull off. That happens a lot down here and all they are doing is cutting off their nose in spite of their face. If that wouldn't have happened I would be raving about the place. But now when asked about Jazmin's I will share my experience.

There are newer reviews for Jazmin's Restaurant

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Four of us went here for dinner. Road construction made a bit hard to get to, and except for one other group, we were the only ones there. Two of us ordered one of the shrimp items on the menu, another the fish of the day, and the last one the Jazmin special. All the meals were excellent tasting, with fresh fish and vegetables. I've dined there before, and have always had good food and drink. Prices were on the high-side (about $25 for each meal, plus drinks), but we had discount vouchers--all in all a very nice meal and fun evening.

Thank CaboAgain!
Reviewed January 20, 2013

you will love this restaurant.

i was not going to spill the beans on this place, but i have to. Every year, after Sunday mass, we go there. The outdoor seating under the canopy is great. The colourful tables and chairs are an explosion of colour. the service is always good and the breakfast...well just fabulous. I always eat the same breakfast huervos ranchos and they have never failed me yet. The salsa they homemake and serve on the side is fabulous and the tortillas are freshly made. Mom had an omelet and she said it was perfect. You have to try this place. I admit I have not had dinner there, but breakfast is great. Try to time your entry just after 11:00 and it is not too busy yet. Enjoy !!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We had been referred by another shop in town and I had remembered it from trip advisor so we thought we would try it out. We were taking pictures of the street frontage when a man offered us free margaritas to come in, how perfect?! We should have known nothing in mexico is truly for free because just as we were finishing our meal he breaks out his binder of tours. He was trying to sell us the same tour as the man who initially referred us to the restaurant but for $10 US more! He even lied telling us the walk from our hotel (holiday inn) to the bus stop at the Mega was a ten minute walk (maybe if you sprinted) he was very pushy and when it became clear we weren't biting he walked away in a huff and rattled off some spanish to the wait staff who were watching the whole time. Way to leave a bad taste in your mouth after a great meal. Good value like I said $90 US for 5 meals and we all had beers after our free drinks but based on the tacky tour sales pitch I wouldn't recommend nor will we return during our trip in the fall.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant. Its a covered rooftop. We had a coupon from one of the shops that gave use a free round of drinks. We all ordered theMexican combo, huge portions. The stuffed pepper was awesome. Would definitely go back.