“Don't miss this one!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

After settling in at the hotel and enjoying the Fiesta de San Jose our first evening, we met our local friends and they recommended that our first lunch should be Guacamaya's. It's not really in the main town area so it takes a little effort to find it. Make the effort, lunch was great. Everyone has opinions and a lot of us leave reviews. Some aren't happy with their service, some think that their meals might be over-rated. Happily, our experience at Guacamaya's gave us good service and good food. We sampled a good portion of the menu and didn't find one bad dish. My favorite was the Molcajete de Arrachera. You can order with different meats and it includes nopale, queso, and onion with a sauce of your choice. The only thing missing is the cold cerveza. Take the time, find them, and enjoy, it is definitely one of my top choices.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is one of our favorite spots for tacos when in San Jose Del Cabo. It is off the beaten path but worth the hunt. Seems very authentic and very reasonably priced. Always a friendly staff. Have been here on about 4 different trips and look forward to returning. I always get the tacos al pastor. They cook it on a rotisserie and slice the pork right of the cooker and on to fresh made tortillas. They top it of with a hunk of fresh pineapple. I could eat a dozen!!! Check them out when in SJDC,BCS!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Always love this place. The margaritas, decor, people and most of all the food makes this a comeback destination. Well, we tried some different things this time. The stuffed potatoe, yes that's what I said, was fantastic. Next the sopas were equal to the task. All served with whatever you want in/on them. I opted for pork shoulder and marinated pork. The Volcanos were especially good also, Hard to find, but tough to beat.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I had two wonderful evenings here during our recent stay in San Jose del Cabo. The wait staff is fantastic - really fun to interact with and very helpful and attentive. The food is delicious - the stone bowl is a great intro and we also enjoyed the skirt steak fajita, as well as the gorditas. And WOW the margaritas were fantastic! We loved the mango margarita and especially the tamarindo margarita. All in all, a very entertaining and delicious (and budget-friendly) time. Don't miss it!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant a couple of years ago, and didn't have a lot of positive things to say. Well, we recently went back to Guacamaya's to give it a second chance, and now I'm changing my tune. There were far fewer gringos than the last time, many local families, and the food was delicious. My favorite by far were the tacos al pastor, straight off the spit (or trompo in Spanish) with pineapple, onion, and cilantro. Yum!