The Inn is located downtown in the art district. If you want beaches, you will need to walk a ways or use a cab or car. However the downtown is charming and the hotel is too. Our main floor pool view room was large, comfortable and attractive. However it was dark because blinds and curtains had to be kept closed for privacy from other guests inside and street traffic outside. A room on the second floor would be more private. The garden and pool area are lovely. There is a pretty little chapel - assume for weddings. Looks like a charming place for a wedding! San Jose del Cabo is ridiculously overpriced - the El Encanto is considered one of the better budget options. We were on a road trip so arrived without a reservation and were able to get a substantial discount off the rack rate. Still, nearly $160 US a night including dog fee isn't cheap. El Encanto is dog friendly - one of the few places that is. Travelling with a service dog in Mexico can be challenging. While there are laws similar to USA and Canada, there seems to have been no education and enforcement involves the police, who, sadly, haven't been educated either; so be prepared to pay "dog" fees. The El Encanto wanted $30 a night for fees, but to their credit, reduced it to $40 for our 3 day stay. A small fee is more acceptable than being turned away. Overall, a clean, attractive and pleasant little hotel. The staff are all very nice and helpful. We needed cross breezes because it was hot so slept with window and door open and felt and were completely safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of the historic downtown and art district of San Jose del Cabo, on Thursdays you can enjoy the Art Walk, just a few steps from the mission of San Jose, surrounded by craft shops, galleries, restaurants and bars. Located to less than 500 meters from the transpeninsular highway and just 5 minutes from the beach by car. On Saturdays you can enjoy the organic market located to 5 minutes by walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel El Encanto
- El Encanto Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo