“Perfect location”

Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Seattle
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stay in this hotel on my way to and from Todos Santos when I arrive too late to travel further. The staff is gracious and the rooms quiet, comfortable and attractive. This last time I splurged on a garden apartment and loved having a sitting room and kitchen. The hotel is in the Art District and an easy walk to anything in town. The pool area is lovely.

Room Tip: If you are in the pool area it might be possible to be disturbed by a party or a wedding that is hel...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
, Gerente at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thanks for your very positive comments, certainly our staff is gracious and our rooms are quiet, comfortable and attractive, what characterizes the Garden Suites is the kitchen area and a comfortable area to relax and the king size bed, this room is excellent for long stays and families!, and the pool area is one of the favorite’s areas of our guests, where they can spend the day reading a book or enjoining their ipads or laptops with our free wireless internet access!.

Finally but not less important our location, which is perfect for all our guest who loves to walk around and discover what does the town and its people have to offer, there are a lot of things to do just steps away!.

Encanto Inn, Hotel, Spa & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed at the Encanto Inn over the Christmas holiday period. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The pool area was lovely and heated a bonus at Christmas time. Usually the pool was very quiet and it felt like your own private area, all the areas around the hotel were nice and tranquil. I had a garden room suite and it had plenty of room in there with a kitchen area, sitting area, bathroom and walk in dressing area big enough to accommodate all the snorkelling and fish gear that we had bought with us without feeling cramped. The hotel is in the historic central area of town which meant fabulous restaurants within minutes walks. I have never been anywhere with so many great restaurants, we ate at a different one every night for 2 weeks and still didn't cross off our entire list of places to eat. There are some nice art galleries in town and the usual shops but it is all fairly subdued. Thursday evenings with the art walk round town was nice and this is about as lively as it gets. The main san jose beach was about a 15 minute walk from town and there is a nice walk down there by the side of the estuary - great to go for a run on a cirular loop. There are lots of nice beaches up the coastal road and I would definitely not recommend staying in an all inclusive resort as there are too many great beaches and restaurants to visit rather than confine your time to one area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments to our hotel, certainly the maintenance of our rooms and public areas is very important to us, this way we ensure that we offer an authentic Mexican experience!.

The pool area, which is heated during cooler weather, is one of the favorite’s areas of our guests, there you can swim or spend the day reading a book or enjoining your ipad or laptop with our free wireless internet access!.

What characterizes the Garden Suites is the kitchen area, the comfortable area to relax and the king size bed, this room is excellent for long stays and families!, in the other hand our location is perfect for all our guests who loves to walk around and discover what does the town and its people have to offer, there are a lot of things to do just steps away!.

I will be more than glad in welcoming you personally, please let me know when you come back to San Jose del Cabo. Be certain that you will be welcome to el Encanto Inn, “your home away from home”,

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at El Encanto just one night at the end of January prior to going to our timeshare in Cabo. The location is within easy walking distance to many restaurants and bars, and many art galleries and shops. The property is very charming and a nice change from a large resort. The pool looked very inviting, although time did not allow us to use it. The breakfast that came with our room was off-property at a nearby restaurant, but was a short walk and was very good. Our room had a comfortable, although somewhat firm bed; bathroom was large. Rate was perhaps a bit high, but we were there during peak travel time. All in all we enjoyed our short stay and will consider staying there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I want to thanks for your positive comments, I really appreciate your valuable feedback!. Certainly our location, in the heart of the historic downtown and art district, is perfect for all our guests who loves to walk around and discover what does the town and its people have to offer, there are a lot of things to do just steps away, including beaches!.

Our property is an authentic Mexican style hacienda hotel, with beautiful gardens and a lovely chapel which is a dream wedding location, also the pool area, which is heated during cooler weather, is one of the favorite’s areas of our guests, there you can swim or spend the day alone or with your friends, family or children, reading a book or enjoining your ipad or laptop with our free wireless internet access!.

Our light but complete breakfast, is the best way to start the day!, actually many of our guests loves this breakfast!, because we ensure that we offer a quality breakfast.

I will be more than glad in welcoming you personally, please let me know when you come back to our beautiful hotel, and be certain that you will be welcome to el Encanto Inn, “your home away from home”, once again thank you very much for your compliments,

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have stayed at the El Encanto Inn several times over the years. It was quite a find years ago when the accommodations were clean and well-appointed. Now however things are very different. The hotel still appears to be inviting but just below the surface it's dirty and uncomfortable. My room was in the main building near the pool and even though it was off-season cost nearly one hundred and eighty dollars a night. For that, the rooms should be sparkling clean, properly maintained and quiet, none of which occurred.
The Inn is a popular place for private parties and weddings and probably does a good business in those areas, but the negatives surely outweigh the positives for the casual traveler.
When I was checking out, another guest was there demanding a discount for her room because her experience was so disappointing.
The El Encanto Inn is off my accommodation list for San Jose del Cabo!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
VPSERVICE, Guest Relations Manager at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I would first of all like to apologise to the guest commenting. We have always held room cleanliness and the comfort of our guest as a top Priority. We are in prime season and our rates are clearly published on our website and confirmed at the time the reservation is made.
As a standard policy if there ever is any concern or problem with the room or property we will do our best to address to the Guests satisfaction. We have a friendly staff commited to making our guests stay the best possible.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

If time-shares and all-inclusives are your idea of a root canal on holiday, then you need to check out El Encanto Inn and Suites in San Jose. Traditional, beautifully appointed and conveniently located, this small hotel is an oasis in the busy historic centre of the city. Leafy gardens, wonderful rooms, great prices and friendly staff make this a great alternative to the massive developments closer to the beach. Right in the middle of the gallery district, this hotel is a great staging area for a tour of the art galleries of San Jose. The main hotel has fabulous rooms and a wonderful courtyard, as well as a private chapel for weddings. Down the street is the annex, a group of slightly less expensive rooms, all with cooking facilities, some with king beds and suite-like arrangements. We loved it here and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites in the annex. At about $100 a night they're great value, and lots of room to...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wineguy321
Dear Guest,

First of all many, many thanks for writing this review!, certainly our property is an authentic Mexican style hacienda hotel, with beautiful gardens and a lovely chapel which is a dream wedding location!, our hotel is located in the heart of the historic downtown and art district, and is perfect for all our guests who loves to walk around and discover what does the town and its people have to offer, there are a lot of things to do just steps away, including beaches!.

Our rooms and public areas are very important to us, this way we ensure that we offer great rooms, also our terrific staff, they really makes the difference, delivering great service with the traditional Mexican hospitality to all our guests, making them feel at home away from home!.

We would like to have you as a guest for your next visit to San Jose del Cabo!, I really will be more than glad in welcoming you personally, please let me know when you come back to our beautiful hotel, and be certain that you will be welcome to el Encanto Inn, “your home away from home”, again thank you very much for your compliments,

Fairfax, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have been very reluctant to write about El Encanto. I have staying here several times a year for about 6 years now. The staff knows me and treats me very, very well. Since all the bad press about Mexico I have not had to make a reservation therefore I consider it "my hotel". My rooms have always been spotless and when I've had any problem the staff let's me change rooms immediately. There is also a dirt parking lot which is locked a night. It's a quick walk to many restaurants and the area has been revitalized as the" Art center" for Los Cabos. The hotel has 2 buildings.. suites around the pool and rooms and suites 1/2 block away across the street from the brew pub. Even with a brew pub near this is not a party all inclusive hotel. What gives Encanto it's charm is it's old Mexican/Spanish feeling.

Room Tip: Suites around the pool are nice for romantic couples. Solo and weary travelers the rooms in the othe...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marcom60
Dear Guest,

I would like to thanks for writing this review, I really appreciate your valuable feedback!, I really feel proud to read that you feel the Encanto Inn is “Your hotel”, this is the kind of feeling we look for in our guest, we want that our guests feel that our hotel is “their home away from home”.

It is good to know that your rooms have always been spotless, I want to apologize for the inconvenience with your rooms in the past and I would like to invite you to come back again to our property where I really will be more than glad in welcoming you personally!.

Certainly our hotel is located in the heart of the historic downtown and art district, and is perfect for all our guests who loves to walk around and discover what does the town and its people have to offer, there are a lot of things to do just steps away, art galleries, restaurants, pubs and beaches!.

Finally but not less important our property concept, it is an authentic Mexican style hacienda hotel, with beautiful gardens and a lovely chapel which is a dream wedding location!, with beautiful rooms and public areas and our terrific staff, they really makes the difference, delivering great service with the traditional Mexican hospitality all our guests loves!.

One more time thank you very much for your compliments,

Whitefish, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed by the pool area. the staff was very friendly. the rooms were very nice. lots of restaurants near by-walking distance. pet friendly. i would highly recommend this hotel. we also got massages at the spa, they were great.

Room Tip: we stayed in the pool area. there is a garden section also. it was a more quite time of year to sta...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DebbieMontana
, Gerente at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thanks for your very nice comment, I really appreciate your feedback, certainly the pool area, which is heated during cooler weather, is one of the favorite’s areas of our guests, there you can swim or spend the day alone or with your friends, family or children, reading a book or enjoining your ipad or laptop with our free wireless internet access!.

Our rooms, our great location, in the heart of the historic downtown and art district, perfect for all our guests who loves to walk around and discover what does the town and its people have to offer, there are a lot of things to do just steps away, art galleries, restaurants, pubs and beaches!, and of course our terrific staff, they really makes the difference, delivering great service with the traditional Mexican hospitality to all our guests, making them feel at home away from home!.

I proudly confirm that we are dog friendly!, for us the dogs are one more member of our families!, that’s why we are more than glad in offering accommodation to our guests’ dogs.

Finally but not less important our Spa, is an authentic paradise, our massage treatments meet and exceed your expectations.

We look forward in seeing you again!, please let me know when you come back, I would like to welcome you personally, remember that the Encanto Inn is, “your home away from home”, and of course “your dogs home away from home”’.