After spending 2 fabulous weeks here I couldn't believe some of the less than rave reviews for the Posada Real! It is the ideal location for a quiet, relaxing vacation. However, if you're looking for a crazy spring-break type location with loud parties, binge drinking and plenty of non-stop noise look elsewhere - do some proper research and choose a hotel in Cabo San Lucas not San Jose. Those idiots who give this hotel a low rating because it's not located in CSL and therefore too far from Cabo Wabo get what they deserve. If you're going to shell out money, do a little research! By the way, after talking to some people who stayed at larger resorts like the Riu there were plenty of complaints about the hotels being so large you had to trek 10 mins from you room to the beach. At the Posada Real our room was less than 50 feet from the beach.
We came here with our almost 3 year old and it was perfect for us. The hotel grounds are smaller and initimate. It's literally a few steps from pool to beach and most 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have ocean views. Ground floor rooms get partial ocean or garden views. The cactus garden is GORGEOUS and the whole grounds are so well maintained.
Rooms are very very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping gals work very hard and there are always fresh towels. Even when we asked them not to bother cleaning our room (we're pretty neat) a couple of days they would still sneak in later to change the towels! Beds are firm and comfortable. No problem with bugs. 10 hangers in the closet!! (the most I've seen in a hotel in a long time). Water pressure was great and never had an issue with hot water shortage.
Pool is literally 6 steps from the beach. Plenty of beach chairs and palapas on the beach for shade. You never had to "fight" for a spot here - there were always plenty of loungers for everyone. Swim up bar and pool-side taco bar/snack restaurant. Food here was great - esp the tacos and hamburgers. Pool side service is wonderful, these guys work so hard in the heat to make us comfortable. There is also a kiddie pool which was perfect for our toddler and she could easily go from the pool to the sand without us ever having to move from our pool loungers! We could keep a good eye on her everywhere.
The buffets were great - enough choice for us and the food is really great quality. Mix of Mexican and international dishes. The breakfast chilaquiles and the dinner time soups were stand-outs. My husband does not eat meat - only veg and seafood/fish - and there was always choices for him. Also plenty of meat options for me!
You get to know the staff because it's a small- all of whom were so wonderful. My understanding from talking to repeat guests is that alot of them have been there for years, unlike other hotels which experience high turnover. Even if you go all-inclusive please don't forget tips for the staff - they work such long, hard hours and are so tolerant of tourists who can be rather forgetful of their manners!
Senor Lupe plays piano/sings a few nights a week. Our daughter loved dancing to his music in the lobby. There's also a bar/lounge area in the lobby which was the place to hang out in evenings. The hotel is short walking distance to the Mega plaza (think Wal-mart and groceries). The plaza also has a McDonalds (with a playland if you are travelling with kids who need a playground fix), some taco stand eateries, a money changer and a few clothing stores. Outside the Mega is also where you catch the local bus into Cabo San Lucas which is MUCH cheaper than a taxi, and perfectly safe and comfortable.
It's also close to downtown San Jose Del Cabo which has plenty of great restaurants, both high end and more moderately priced. Plenty of shopping - both touristy trinkets and designer jewelry, gorgeous art galleries, and a handful of night spots for drinks and music. Very clean, safe streets, great strolling place!
Next time we come to Los Cabos we are coming back here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo