I stayed at this hotel from Nov 29/08 to Dec 3/08.
It's a basic, no frills all-inclusive.
Pro's: free parking; landscaping is quite nice; inexpensive; location is fine - right on the ocean; a rope on the beach keeps out most of the necklace and trinket vendors; staff were all quite attentive ($1 tips made a small difference); 8 minute walk to the huge Mega super-store; pool was fine.
Con's: I agree with most of the other reviews - the food was not good - the omelettes for breakfast were great, but the lunches and dinners were bland and very cheap basic filler-food; the beach is not safe to swim in; the beach (right where the ocean meets the beach) is kind of black from mud or something; the hotel hallways are cheap looking; there's no elevators; the pool-side bar and lobby bars do not have a lot of seats.
There couldn't have been more than 40 guests at the hotel while I was there. Probably due to the US economy.
Do not stay at this hotel if you are expecting Hilton-style quality or service.
Do stay at this hotel if you're on a budget and want a place close to the airport.
For those who are renting a car, please see my article on how to not get ripped off at the Pemex stations in the Los Cabos area and by the airport. Enter "Pemex" in the search field, and it will be one of the entries that comes up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo